DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Battlestar Galactica - "Exodus, Part 2" - 10/20/06 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/481293-battlestar-galactica-exodus-part-2-10-20-06-a.html)

MrX 10-20-06 02:43 AM

Battlestar Galactica - "Exodus, Part 2" - 10/20/06

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v141/MrX23/bsg.jpg
"Exodus, Part 2"
Spoiler:
Adama prepares to rescue the human population on New Caprica; Sharon tries to coordinate the insurgency.

SuperBatMan 10-20-06 08:12 AM

:banana: It's Friday, and that means Battlestar Galatica night. All frakin' right.

DVD Mike2 10-20-06 07:52 PM

Should be a very big episode with some nice battle and emotion. This is what the last three weeks was building up too.

JesseCuster 10-20-06 08:58 PM

Holy Shit :eek:

milo bloom 10-20-06 09:01 PM

In the frakkin atmosphere!!! (anyone else have a Robotech flashback? Was wondering if the same thing would happen here)

I didn't see the Kacey twist coming, seriously.

resinrats 10-20-06 09:21 PM

At least Pegasus took out 2 baseships.

Bcolon 10-20-06 09:30 PM

Wow! Best show on television! Upset about Maia. She was a hotty!

mikehunt 10-20-06 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by resinrats

shot the 1st one on it's first run in, rammed a second, and when it blew the one landing bay pod hit aa 3rd and made it blow up too

Mattrk 10-20-06 09:36 PM

Holy frak. That was intense.

Colonel Tigh should be much more unpredictable when the pressure is off now. And so many people are screwed up after this that the rest of the season is gonna be interesting.

Actually, in total Pegasus took out at least three basestars.

I've read what a chunk of the season holds, and I can't wait. This is confirmed as the only "take the phone off the hook" show I watch.

greydt 10-20-06 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by resinrats

It was 3 baseships. One in the surprise attack, 1 in the crash, 1 collateral.

Edit: well, what mikehunt said :)

Also:

Originally Posted by what resinrats previously said
Looks like BG will drop off my watch list.

:shrug:

milo bloom 10-20-06 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by mikehunt
shot the 1st one on it's first run in, rammed a second, and when it blew the one landing bay pod hit aa 3rd and made it blow up too

When this was happening, I kept thinking of a fairy tale I read as a child where a tailor swats seven flies in one swat and the story gets blown out of proportion until people think he's a giant killer. I wonder if generations down the line, the great-, great-, great-, great-grandkids of the surving humans will tell the tale of the great Pegasus, that killed twenty basestars in one fell swoop. Kinda like what D'Anna was saying about the kids growing up and generations down the line coming after the cylons.

What an awesome episode.

Josh-da-man 10-20-06 10:13 PM

Wouldn't it be interesting to be able to travel back twenty-five years to 1981, and report that in twenty-five years we would get a remake of Battlestar Galactica and the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy, and that Star Wars would get stomped by the BSG remake like a narc at a biker rally?

milo bloom 10-20-06 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Wouldn't it be interesting to be able to travel back twenty-five years to 1981, and report that in twenty-five years we would get a remake of Battlestar Galactica and the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy, and that Star Wars would get stomped by the BSG remake like a narc at a biker rally?

Reminds me of something I saw somewhere recently saying, what would it be like to travel back to the 80's and tell people that Michael Jackson would be a washout and Weird Al would still be a presence.

I wonder what Ron could do with the Star Wars saga.....?

Ranger 10-20-06 10:30 PM

good episode.

glad that tigh's beard is gone.

just wondering where things can go from here. off to read some spoilers.

SuperBatMan 10-20-06 10:34 PM

I did like the fact that Adama was using the mustache as a reminder of the people he left behind on New Caprica.

maingon 10-20-06 11:39 PM

Wow! that was an amazing episode. This has to be the best show on tv right now. I loved this one, The visual effects were AMAZING, so intense. This felt like a big summer movie. The visuals were flawless. The rescue stuff was amazing, I had to watch some of that stuff over again. excellent twist with the little girl not being her kid.

Wow, Fantastic episode cant wait till next week

Sean O'Hara 10-21-06 12:15 AM

In the frakkin atmosphere!!! (anyone else have a Robotech flashback? Was wondering if the same thing would happen here)
No, I had a Babylon 5 flashback.

Silt 10-21-06 12:23 AM

Damn, now that's what I call great TV!

That jump the Galactica did to lauch it's vipers was so cool. It was obvious the Pegasus was going to come to the rescue, but I was completely surprised they lost it...even though I knew in the original series the Pegasus didn't stick around long.

It's going to be interesting to see how they recover from all this...especially Starbuck...damn, talk about a kick to the gut. That was just plain cruel!

/sigh. Another long week until a new episode...and seems every week the wait gets longer.

JetSter735180 10-21-06 12:31 AM

Oh my gods!

Now, thats tv.

That rescue mission was awesome.

Glad they are back on mssion to find earth......wonder what happend to Baltar !

Joe Molotov 10-21-06 12:31 AM

MASSIVE SPOILERS FOR THE NEXT EPISODE!!!!! DON'T CLICK IF YOU DON"T WANT TO KNOW THE FATE OF ADAMA, STARBUCK, AND LEE'S UNBORN CHILD!

Spoiler:
Next weeks preview was kind of a letdown. Not because it looked bad particularly, but because it's like "Wow, I guess we've got to start getting back to normality." No more Cylon occupation, freedom fighters, suicide bombings, low-atmosphere jumps, battlestars crashing into basestars, fate of the human race hanging by a thread, at least for now. It only goes to show how amazing these last few episodes have been.

JetSter735180 10-21-06 12:34 AM

Please use spoiler when talking about previews...

Some people dont watch the previews.

Joe Molotov 10-21-06 01:58 AM

Sorry, fixed.

Thrush 10-21-06 02:23 AM

Wow, superb episode. I liked the look on Adamas face at the end, pleased to see his ship alive with a full crew contingent again. Its like Galactica is an extension of himself.

Setzer 10-21-06 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by milo bloom

LOL That's EXACTLY what came to mind!

Great fracking episode! Awesome.

JesseCuster 10-21-06 04:52 AM

Someone needs to let George Lucas know that if he wants to see some fully realized science fiction, he needs to tune in to SciFi on Friday nights. With all the mythology and backstory he had to work with, to see what Lucas shat out and to have this show, based on an ernest but frankly cheesy and short-lived 25 year old series, come absolutely out of nowhere and quite possibly become the greatest science fiction series in the history of television...unfrakingbelieveable. What an utterly amazing show and a truly astonishing episode.

BTW, the shot of Galactica falling out of the freaking sky may well be the most awe-inspiring effects shot I've ever witnessed. I got goosebumps on goosebumps. Holy shite :eek: