DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Survivor: Cook Islands - 10/19/06

Episode 6:

Title:
Spoiler:
Plan Voodoo

Spoiler:
Both tribes are forced to vote out one of their own as they each go to tribal council. For reward, the teams play for a feast. Also, one castaway conjures up a plan to expose the hidden immunity idol and Cristina begins to feel alienated from her team when she learns they think she's annoying. Jeff Probst is the host.
Old 10-19-06, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hate these episodes...serves no point
Old 10-19-06, 01:57 PM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
I hate these episodes...serves no point
To someone voted off it sure serves a point.
Old 10-19-06, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts
It seems this season is getting less discussion than last season
Old 10-19-06, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
LOVED the reward challenge tonight! Very physical and very fun
Old 10-19-06, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by JayDerek
LOVED the reward challenge tonight! Very physical and very fun
Agreed--though I don't understand why the winners chose Nathan. That one threw me.
Old 10-19-06, 10:57 PM
Banned

Jenni seems like such a ****. The way she spoke at Tribal Council shows that she has no sense.
Old 10-19-06, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 730 Likes on 532 Posts
Originally Posted by JuryDuty
Agreed--though I don't understand why the winners chose Nathan. That one threw me.
Spoiler:
He's a good replacement for Cao Boi in terms of strength challenges and he is very neutral in his position. Especially in terms of down the road, when and if they vote off Ozzy. I hope the rest of Aitu was observant of the exchanges between Candace and Adam. The main thing is that there is some animosity towards Jonathon with everyone being suspicious. We'll see what happens with the merge and the original alliances... Asians = 4, Caucasians = 4, Afro-americans = 3, Hispanics = 1.
Old 10-19-06, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Originally Posted by JuryDuty
Im guessing that they wanted a strong guy for the next challenge, but didnt want to upset the White/Asian balance of power

BTW...the white team TOTALLY has a post-merge alliance
Old 10-19-06, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
They should have taken Christine since she was obviously the one that was going to be voted out. That way, they make another ally for after the merge. Also it puts turmoil into the voting tribe as they suddenly have to vote someone out other than the one planned, and without any chance to talk to each other, therefore forcing them to turn on each other. Taking Nate was stupid.
Old 10-20-06, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cdollaz
They should have taken Christine since she was obviously the one that was going to be voted out. That way, they make another ally for after the merge. Also it puts turmoil into the voting tribe as they suddenly have to vote someone out other than the one planned, and without any chance to talk to each other, therefore forcing them to turn on each other. Taking Nate was stupid.
If they took Christina, Jenny is easily the next person out.
Old 10-20-06, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts
Like Tommy Ceez said, I think it was a strength consideration. Now Raro is left with only two men if the next reward challenge is another strength battle. It would have been different if it'd been a "send to Exile Island and avoid the vote" thing.

Aitu (and Nate especially) must have been disappointed they didn't get to stick around for the vote.

I agree the Adam-Candace exchange might have been a big tactical error especially after Cao Boi planted the seed.
Old 10-20-06, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by davidh777
Like Tommy Ceez said, I think it was a strength consideration. Now Raro is left with only two men if the next reward challenge is another strength battle. It would have been different if it'd been a "send to Exile Island and avoid the vote" thing.
They already had the strength and were dominating the challenges, so had no need for Nate. I would much rather do something that would have them turning on each other, leading to distrust which may continue after the merge. Plus, I think Christina would have definitely been someone they could turn to be an ally after the merge, considering her own tribe doesn't really care for her. I don't think that is going to happen with Nate. So, if they did it only because Nate is strong physically, I think they chose unwisely.

Also, I don't think Jenni was definitely the one to go had they taken Christine. Only 2 voted for her. There is no telling what the other 4 would have done, especially since they would have no opportunity to confer with each other before the vote.
Old 10-20-06, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I wish Cao Boi would have tried to take the immunity idol with him from TC. Would have been too funny. Jeff:"I'm going to have to ask you to leave that here"... CB starts to back away... Jeff:"You can't take that with you." CB:"Watch me!" ...and he turns and runs off only to be tackled by the crew.
(That nut is crazy enough to try it.)

How long does Nate stay with the other tribe? I missed that. I agree they should have chosen Christina.
Old 10-20-06, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Until after the next reward challenge.
Old 10-20-06, 08:32 AM

I mistakenly thought Jeff had said until the next reward challenge, so the pick of Nate kind of threw me for a loop, for I thought it would been wiser, like others have stated, to have kidnaped Christina. It makes sense to go with Nate if they want to win the next RC, but they need to be looking at the bigger prize, the million dollars, and saving Christina may have proved benifical to them once the tribes merge, in case they went into the merge without the numbers. But it doesn't look like some of these people are going to be voting along tribal lines once it happens, so it should make for an interesting after merge Survivor.
Old 10-20-06, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Did anyone else notice that someone drew what looked like a gun on their slip of paper when they voted Christina off. That's pretty damn cold considering she was shot at some point in the past as a cop.
Old 10-20-06, 10:33 AM

Did anyone else notice that someone drew what looked like a gun on their slip of paper when they voted Christina off. That's pretty damn cold considering she was shot at some point in the past as a cop.
I thought it was pretty harsh considering that it was pointing at her name instead of away from it, but maybe I'm looking too into it. Does anyone know which person made that vote?
Old 10-20-06, 10:35 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I think Jenni drew the gun.
Old 10-20-06, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Now, if they win the next reward challenge with Nate, will they have to share it with Nate, or send him back to his tribe with nada?
Old 10-20-06, 11:09 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I assume they'd share it with Nate, otherwise what's the point? He'll just throw it.
Old 10-20-06, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Groucho
I think Jenni drew the gun.
I concur.
Old 10-20-06, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

did jeff say that nate would go back to his old tribe after the reward challenge? someone is telling me that he said nate would be with his new tribe "at least" through the reward challenge?
Old 10-20-06, 12:54 PM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My wife and I commented last night that it seemed a pretty bad thing to do. There didn't seem to be any humor behind it - just mean and tasteless. While Christina wasn't a favorite of mine, I'd now like to see Jenny go quickly.
Old 10-20-06, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jim
My wife and I commented last night that it seemed a pretty bad thing to do. There didn't seem to be any humor behind it - just mean and tasteless. While Christina wasn't a favorite of mine, I'd now like to see Jenny go quickly.
Yeah, she's a bitch. Considering the 2 people who bitched the most about Christina were Jenni and Adam, I'm starting to wonder if there really wasn't anything wrong with Christina and it was just those 2 being the assholes they are.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.