DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Top Chef Season 2 Discussion Thread (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/481210-top-chef-season-2-discussion-thread.html)

Sweet Baby James 10-19-06 09:54 AM

Top Chef Season 2 Discussion Thread

Did anyone catch the first episode last night? So far, I'm rooting for Marcel(this season's Stephen). Harold, the winner of Season 1, was the guest judge. He's packed on weight since last season(tasting too many of his own dishes, perhaps). He was shoveling down the food like he hadn't had a meal in a month.:lol:

The first to go was
Spoiler:
Shayu

TeamAnS 10-19-06 10:11 AM

Didn't even know it was on already.

Jadzia 10-19-06 12:26 PM

Marcel's hair cracked me up. He looked like this:

http://www.superchefblog.com/images/...ncredibles.png

Was sorry to see that girl go, I liked her personality and would have liked to have seen more of her.

Thank goodness they got rid of Billy Joel's child-bride host-bot.

Premise 10-19-06 12:45 PM

It seems like they looked for similar personalities as last season.

TeamAnS 10-25-06 09:19 PM

Marcel is definitely Steven from last season.

clckworang 10-26-06 04:49 AM

Very surprised that Otto just walked off the show like that. If I were Otto, I would have at least forced the judges to boot my ass off. As it was, there might have been a slight chance that he would have stayed if he had made that same speech but didn't end it with saying he was going. Oh well. Didn't see him winning it anyway.

Sweet Baby James 10-26-06 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by clckworang
Very surprised that Otto just walked off the show like that. If I were Otto, I would have at least forced the judges to boot my ass off. As it was, there might have been a slight chance that he would have stayed if he had made that same speech but didn't end it with saying he was going. Oh well. Didn't see him winning it anyway.

Agreed. The pastry chef(Marisa?) that ratted out Otto is definitely on Tom's shit list.

CreatureX 10-26-06 12:36 PM

So far these first two episodes have been really entertaining. I'm also digging the new host!

Sweet Baby James 11-01-06 11:07 PM

Betty's a real asshole. I cannot wait until she gets the boot. Michael is a spaz. I think that Tom would kick his ass if they duked it out.:lol:

Goodbye
Spoiler:
Emily

CreatureX 11-02-06 03:50 PM

Nice camera shots of the host, Padme, in her short shorts! :drool:

I think they booted the right person. Emily whined way too much about having to make regular food. And then after all the whining, she ended up making an awful dish that people couldn't even finish eating. :lol:

So far this season has been very entertaining. I can't for the next episode. :)

Jadzia 11-02-06 04:07 PM

I am glad Emily got the boot also. She reminded me of that dour Tiffani chick who lasted way too long last year. All that crap about "fine dining" and hating children. Ugh. And then she has the nerve to make fun of the woman who criticized her ice cream for having "4 teeth and a huge ass"? Did she think she was winning any beauty prizes herself or something?

Sweet Baby James 11-02-06 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by CreatureX
Nice camera shots of the host, Padme, in her short shorts! :drool:

Anyone know what's up with her arm? She has a pretty long scar on her right arm.

FinkPish 11-02-06 04:25 PM

From the IMDB: Has a seven inch scar on her inside arm as a result of a major auto crash that she was in as a child.

Perkinsun Dzees 11-03-06 03:31 AM

There wasn't enough Elia on this episode. I'm rooting for her. She's the cutest of the bunch and she reminds me of a girl I was once dated from Kazakhstan.

The short guy with the Wolverine hairdo needs a swift kick in the ass.

I think the John Belushi/Animal House guy is a real hoot. They need to keep him on longer.

Frank is this show's Vincent Libretti.

Sweet Baby James 11-09-06 09:24 AM

Well, this fat camp episode certainly was a cop out by
Spoiler:
not sending anyone home
Michael should go back to Chilis, TGIF, Ruby Tuesday or wherever he came from. He reminds me of K-Grease from Hell's Kitchen. I think that Sam, with his brick like meatballs, got very lucky with the way things turned out.

Seantn 11-09-06 01:11 PM

I'm assuming they'll send 2 people home on a future challenge to make up for this one...otherwise they probably wouldn't have aired this episode at all, since it doesn't move anything along at all whatsoever. Maybe they aired it to explain the future double elimination. Who knows.

CreatureX 11-09-06 01:40 PM

I agree that it was disappointing no one had to pack up their knives, but the constant backstabbing in front of the judges table is so hilarious and entertaining! :lol:

Sweet Baby James 11-17-06 09:34 PM

Well, Betty and Mia were extremely lucky that they didn't pack up their knives. Their dish was horrible and they were actually proud of it. Too bad, as I hate both of them(especially Betty). It looks like it's a three man race at this point-I would wager that the winner will be either Cliff, Sam or Ilan.

BTW, the team of Marissa and Josie got their walking papers.

clckworang 11-18-06 03:24 PM

:clap: on the double elimination, and for eliminating the two people who didn't even cook anything for the challenge.

So far, the show has been really good this season. Love the cattiness.

Oh, and I love watching Marcel be verbally abused by the other contestants.

TeamAnS 11-20-06 02:51 PM

The question that I asked my wife was

If they were supposed to eliminate someone last week and didn't, how could this week's challenge by in teamsof two? Shouldn't there have been only 11 left? These challenges have to be planned in advance, so that leaves my thinking that they weren't going to eliminate someone last week after all.

al_bundy 11-20-06 02:53 PM

what channel is this on? my wife likes to watch Iron Chef on the FoodNetwork. Maybe she will like this too?

clckworang 11-20-06 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by al_bundy
what channel is this on? my wife likes to watch Iron Chef on the FoodNetwork. Maybe she will like this too?

It's on Bravo. New episodes are on Wednesdays, but like any show on Bravo, it gets shown again many times during the week and they often show older episodes again as well.

Sweet Baby James 11-27-06 06:16 PM

I don't understand all of the hate for Marcel. I'm actually rooting for the guy. Betty is such an asshole that I cannot wait until she hits the road. I also thought it was rich hearing Sam call Marcel a kid. Marcel's 26 and Sam's 28. Sam's the one that looks like a kid with his Hot Topic Goth wardrobe.

Carlos got the boot. When will contestants on cooking shows learn that you should never make a salad. Making a salad is a sure-fire way to lose because you are not cooking anything. It's getting pretty nasty and I'm really looking forward to this week's episode.:)

Big Boy Laroux 11-28-06 10:24 AM

i agree about marcel. i don't think he's done anything worthy of being attacked like that.

At least with steven last year, he actually was a pompous ass and looked down on people (he did later apologize).

marcel just has bad hair.

frank's reaction to marcel putting his toothbrush on the floor was ridiculous. the toothbrush was in the toiletry bag. get a grip, frank.

and i agree, betty sucks.

Jadzia 11-28-06 10:36 AM

I also agree about Marcel. I thought he was kind of annoying the first few episodes, but no where near deserving the amount of vitriol he has been getting from Betty and the other contestants. The unfair way they have been treating him is making me root for him.