DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Nine - "What's Your Emergency?" 10-18 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/481206-nine-whats-your-emergency-10-18-a.html)

Septemberbaby 10-19-06 09:06 AM

The Nine - "What's Your Emergency?" 10-18

I thought this week was much better than last week.
At least we got a glimpse of what went down in that bank.
It's about time someone sat down w/ that kid and explained what happened.
She has a right to know. The good, the bad and the ugly.

Patman 10-19-06 09:15 AM

Maybe it's me, but this concept works better when the Nine were to be stuck on an island, a smaller space. As it is, having these character continually running into one another (planned or not) is not something easily milked for a season or two.

Will they just open each episode with a short recap of each sequential hour of the bank heist, that would lead to over 50 episodes, just over 2 seasons of episodes.

firteen88 10-19-06 09:49 AM

I started watching this Ep (i have seen all the others) and realized I just wasn't interested. Oh well, another show down the tubes for me.

Dan G 10-19-06 11:34 AM

This episode killed it for me. I'm dropping it from my DVR.

mdc3000 10-19-06 12:10 PM

Really boring episode...far too melodramatic as well. It's not a good sign when a show starts to lose steam by episode 3... I will watch a few more, but I'm pretty close to dropping it.

MATT

MrX 10-19-06 12:29 PM

I thought it was better than the first two, still not very interesting.

vegasbaby 10-19-06 12:43 PM

Can't any network find something good for Tim Daly?

magiccmom 10-19-06 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by vegasbaby

was Tim Daly the one with Steven Weber in "Wings" a long time ago, about pilots?

Patman 10-19-06 02:07 PM

Yup.

Jimmy James 10-19-06 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by vegasbaby

ABC did. It was called Eyes, and it was apparently too good for their demo or some garbage so they shat all over it. GRRRR.

slop101 10-19-06 08:17 PM

After fast-forwarding though much of this episode, I dumpped the show from my season-pass. Good riddance - not that it's so bad, but I just do not care about anything going on in it.

valkyrie 10-19-06 08:36 PM

I think I'm one of the few people who really like this show. I'm eager to find out what really happened to push the robbery to 52 hours, what really happened to the kid's dad, how the sister got shot, and how I can get Camille Guaty's phone number. She's gorgeous.

Jimmy James 10-19-06 08:36 PM

I have to say that if I find myself falling behind on pretty much anything, this show will probably be the first thing to go. I'll stick with it for now just for Daly, though.

grenier 10-19-06 08:56 PM

Scott Wolf is killing the show for me. I just can't stand the way his mouth is always open, he looks like a rat or some other rodent, it just distracts me.

hahn 10-20-06 02:13 AM

I don't know...something about the story strikes me as compelling. I feel like I'm getting to know the characters and I still feel like there will be a big payoff in the storyline. So far, the writing rings true. Nothing feels forced or setup. Though Felicia was incredibly annoying today when she threw that little tantrum.

Arthas76 10-22-06 06:15 PM

im done w/ the show also...i cannot stand audrey and the party of 5 guy!

mr899 10-22-06 10:05 PM

I never noticed how much Scott Wolf looks like Michael J. Fox until this show. Show is decent, but will not be real upset if it gets cancelled.

New shows I watch
Heroes - Best of season
Studio 60 - Love Aaron Sorkin, don't understands Harriet haters.
Jericho - Should be better, but needs time. I wouldn't expect world to devolve into Mad Max in 2 weeks.
30 Rock - Better than I expected. I really like this and will miss when it is cancelled.
The Nine - Hanging on for now.

Gunde 10-23-06 04:35 AM

I really like it. Though I'll admit that I'm not exactly sure why......

DJariya 10-24-06 04:05 AM

Initially, I thought this show was going to kick ass. A 52 hour bank robbery standoff and it's from the guy who created Without a Trace.

However, I've been slightly disappointed.....the 5-10 minute flashbacks don't work for me and making this show more or less a relationship drama on the aftermath seems odd. An hour by hour account of this story would have been much more compelling for me.

I will be really surprised if ABC orders the back nine episodes. This show appears headed for a 1 and done.

RichC2 10-24-06 08:23 AM

10 minutes of what happend per episodes x 52 hours is an amusing way to keep a show going.... for 12 years no less. Of course, it won't even make it a full one most likely, but still amusing.