DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   10/19/06 - My Name Is Earl - Van Hickey (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/481199-10-19-06-my-name-earl-van-hickey.html)

PixyJunket 10-19-06 07:43 AM

10/19/06 - My Name Is Earl - Van Hickey

Summary:

Earl tries to make amends with Tom (number 50), the older man they let be the lead singer in his band but then kicked out before their first performance. While trying to arrange a reunion show Earl must also deal with Number 51, "Slept with Ralph's mom."

movieking 10-19-06 07:53 AM

Anyone of note playing Tom?

parkourking 10-19-06 05:43 PM

Lol - I can't believe that no one has come up with this concapt before, makes for great viewing. Only thing is here in UK we have only had the 1st series. No wonder illegal downloads are so rife lol

JasonF 10-19-06 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by movieking
Anyone of note playing Tom?

Larry Hankin. He's one of those faces that's been knocking around Hollywood for years. He was Mr. Heckles on Friends -- that's what I know him from.

HistoryProf 10-19-06 08:40 PM

best ep of the season so far....good stuff :lol:

zekeburger1979 10-19-06 09:20 PM

Larry Hankin. He's one of those faces that's been knocking around Hollywood for years. He was Mr. Heckles on Friends -- that's what I know him from.
"Carl, good to see you." :D

I did not need to see Giovanni Ribisi in a Speedo. Unwanted mental image for sure.

Loved Joy playing the game and the old lady with a walker taking forever to get across the room.

This is the first episode I can remember that didn't end with Randy and Earl talking in bed. Domi Arigato, Mr Roboto to the strobe light! :)

MrX 10-19-06 11:04 PM

I liked the end with the stobe light and Crabman explaining how they really shouldn't tear the roof off the crabshack.

Charlie Goose 10-19-06 11:05 PM

I think Ralph's mom is still pretty bangable.

Rogue588 10-19-06 11:11 PM

This was a pretty overtly risque episode. Sure, there's been Joy-isms before - "Can you see my thong?"...but this was...overt.

HE Pennypacker 10-19-06 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by MrX
I liked the end with the stobe light and Crabman explaining how they really shouldn't tear the roof off the crabshack.

I hope no one went into any epileptic seizures with that ending scene.

cdollaz 10-19-06 11:32 PM

I wish Ralph were on more.

calhoun07 10-20-06 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by zekeburger1979
Domi Arigato, Mr Roboto to the strobe light! :)

And I was wondering what song they would replace it with on the Season Two DVD.

PopcornTreeCt 10-20-06 12:29 AM

Not too great of an episode. Any episode with very little Crab Man and Jaime Pressley is not a good episode.

cmleidi 10-20-06 01:09 AM

The non-Joycentric episodes don't play as well. It's becoming clear that Earl is one of the least interesting aspects about the show. The show had its moments, but it just was not funny. I'd rather have seen Joy with the old folks than the whole marriage thing.

nevermind 10-20-06 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by cmleidi
I'd rather have seen Joy with the old folks than the whole marriage thing.

and I'd rather tongue kiss a Jamaican woman.

nevermind 10-20-06 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by cdollaz
I wish Ralph were on more.

Me too.

His 'underwear & cowboy boots' outfit had me rolling.

Palaver 10-20-06 07:49 AM

I thought this was a great episode. It was nice to get away from the Joy centered arc they've been following. I thought Giovanni Ribisi was particularly funny this time around. I also enjoyed Earl playing the father figure, tucking the "kids" in at night.

Chew 10-20-06 07:51 AM

Also thought it was a great episode, mainly because I think the "Randy factor" was just about right for this one. Great end credits sequence. :lol:

rfduncan 10-20-06 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by zekeburger1979
I did not need to see Giovanni Ribisi in a Speedo. Unwanted mental image for sure.

Speak for yourself! He's actually getting better looking with age. -popcorn-

Groucho 10-20-06 08:17 AM

I've noticed that this season that they've had the characters singing along with the music more, presumably to force the studio to get the rights to the correct songs come DVD time.

CPA-ESQ. 10-20-06 08:18 AM

yeah - I was :lol: when Earl's Mom bent over and he made the doggie style motion.

Groucho 10-20-06 08:26 AM

BTW, it seems there was another show and/or movie with a very similar plotline...where one guy is going to sleep with another guy's mother for revenge. It even had a similar scene with the hip-grinding towards the otherwise oblivious mother. Does anybody know what I'm talking about?

SmackDaddy 10-20-06 08:36 AM

Gotta be It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. "Dennis bangs (can't remember name) Mom" I think was the title.

Groucho 10-20-06 08:42 AM

I've never seen that show, so there's a third one!

RichC2 10-20-06 08:43 AM

"Mac bangs Dennis' Mom", wasn't it?

It's Always Sunny in Philladelphia spoiler (well, episode description):

Spoiler:
Where Dennis threatens to sleep with Charlie's girl/crush if he doesn't let him off the slave work, and Charlie gets him back when he finds out Mac wants to do Dennis' mom. Only for Dennis to come back and try to seduce Mac's mom.
Funny ep.

I liked this episode overall, was pretty funny, though Joy is still the best character.