DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   One tree hill-10/18/06 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/481166-one-tree-hill-10-18-06-a.html)

Bluelitespecial 10-18-06 10:15 PM

One tree hill-10/18/06

What a week in the world of One Tree Hill including an intervention for Deb, Dan talking to a shrink, Karen getting fired from Tric, Haley revealing she is pregnant, and Derek's sick obsession over Peyton. Plus the whole story with clean teens had some really funny moments. Looks like the whole stalker angle will blowup next week.

DylGret 10-18-06 11:06 PM

Glad to see the "Haley is the pregnant one" finally brought up; kinda hate the junkie Deb; please don't even tell me they are going to try to jam Karen and Dan together (but where else can they go??); Glad to see the Derek issue will come to an end next week (hopefully); And for God's sake how many accidents does Nathan have to have before he buys the farm?

Doughboy 10-18-06 11:42 PM

The first decent episode of the season. I actually laughed a few times(when it was intended) during the "clean teen" scenes. I never get tired of the "Brooke-ing myself" references.:)

And since they seem to have no idea what to do with Rachel, sticking her in a Maxim photoshoot was a good move.

Bluelitespecial 10-18-06 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by Doughboy
And since they seem to have no idea what to do with Rachel, sticking her in a Maxim photoshoot was a good move.

I hope the writers come to their senses and have her hook up with Mouth, they where great together. The "Brooke Yourself" references never get old, especially when they were referenced with the "Clean Teens". It seems as if Deb and Dan switch characters, I hope that changes pretty quick.

Patman 10-19-06 07:13 AM

I kept staring at "Clean Teen" girl and finally figured out that was Elizabeth Harnois, formerly of "Point Pleasant" when she had blonde hair back then, and wasn't a good lead actress on that short-lived show, but she's a bit better in the acting department in her small role in this week's episode.

Red Dog 10-19-06 07:44 AM

I love the banter between Rachel and Brooke. Always funny.

Maxim Hometown Honeys - perfect excuse to get Rachel into skimpy outfits. When she took off that robe - damn. :drool:

kurupt 10-19-06 02:46 PM

I've liked this season overall (except for lucas' newly found love for eye makeup...did anyone else notice that?) I'm not enjoying the Derek storyline, though. Too reminescent of Oliver from The OC, which was a lame storyline too.

Doughboy 10-19-06 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by kurupt
I've liked this season overall (except for lucas' newly found love for eye makeup...did anyone else notice that?) I'm not enjoying the Derek storyline, though. Too reminescent of Oliver from The OC, which was a lame storyline too.

Yeah, but Derek is genuinely creepy whereas Oliver was a pain in the ass. Oddly enough, they're both obsessing over scrawny blonde chicks.

boogieman03 10-19-06 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Red Dog
I love the banter between Rachel and Brooke. Always funny.

Maxim Hometown Honeys - perfect excuse to get Rachel into skimpy outfits. When she took off that robe - damn. :drool:

Agreed. Next week looks like fun with Creepy Stocker Guy [based on last week's thread, I call him Patman ;) ]

I also find it funny that the hole "go brooke myself" joke is catching on.

I also noticed the eye makeup on Lucas. Horrible decision.

If anybody "reads" Maxim, Peyton, Brooke and Rachel are in it. They look good in their pictures, but it's nothing super revealing.

Patman 10-19-06 06:00 PM

Hey, it's not stocking, it's stalking! Get it right! Sheesh!

critterdvd 10-19-06 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Patman
I kept staring at "Clean Teen" girl and finally figured out that was Elizabeth Harnois, formerly of "Point Pleasant" when she had blonde hair back then, and wasn't a good lead actress on that short-lived show, but she's a bit better in the acting department in her small role in this week's episode.

Thank you! It's been bugging me how I knew the actress (she lost a little bit of weight too, hasn't she?) Personally, I'm still liking this show, but its changed so much since season 2 and 3 in the tone that I feel like I'm watching a different show...

The whole stalker storyline though I think is being rushed a little too fast and its just kinda weird...

critterdvd 10-19-06 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Patman

Thank you! It's been bugging me how I knew the actress (she lost a little bit of weight too, hasn't she?) Personally, I'm still liking this show, but its changed so much since season 2 and 3 in the tone that I feel like I'm watching a different show...

The whole stalker storyline though I think is being rushed a little too fast and its just kinda weird...

Bluelitespecial 10-19-06 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by critterdvd

I don't think so, I think its better than having this story take up the whole season.

Original Desmond 10-21-06 01:18 AM

Rachel was sooo hot in that bra, worth the price of admission alone!

i think this was one of the better eps this season.