Reload this Page >

Baseball is Killing Me

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Baseball is Killing Me

Old 10-17-06, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Baseball is Killing Me

The good news is that I'm a Met fan and they are still alive.

The bad news is I am a TV fan and my DVR is loaded.

These playoffs have put a serious crimp in my DVR, i've got at least 20 shows I've still got to watch. And to boot, my High Def DVR only holds 22 hours, so now I've got to start deleting shows.

Ugh!

Anyone other B-Ball fans facing the same issues?
Old 10-17-06, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

what kind of dvr do you have? My Scientific Atlanta has a SATA connection so that I can hook a external harddrive to it to get more space. I have a 250 gig hd hooked up and I've got tons of space.
Old 10-17-06, 02:23 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

now, if your baseball problem was getting hit in the head with a bat ... then i could see why you'd be upset ...
Old 10-17-06, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I don't have an external Hard Drive hooked up at the moment, I have the SA 8300 HD Box.

The other problem I have is Im finishing a house renovation and am now in the middle of endless painting.

these met games are going until 11:30-midnight.. oy!
Old 10-17-06, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Just record the baseball games. If you skip over the spitting and crotch grabbing, you're only looking at about 15 minutes of actual game time.

Last edited by Palaver; 10-17-06 at 03:00 PM.
Old 10-17-06, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Originally Posted by dick_grayson
what kind of dvr do you have? My Scientific Atlanta has a SATA connection so that I can hook a external harddrive to it to get more space. I have a 250 gig hd hooked up and I've got tons of space.
dick, where did you pick up the external with the cable?
Old 10-17-06, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dick do you have an 8300? I have an SA HD box but I don't recall if it has a SATA connection or not.
Old 10-17-06, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
dick, where did you pick up the external with the cable?

you can use any SATA hd. I took an internal one, bought an enclosure and put it together myself. the tricky part is the eSATA to SATA cable that you need to connect the dvr to the hard drive.

second one down is the cable:
http://www.satacables.com/html/sata_...al_cables.html
Old 10-17-06, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Palaver
Just record the baseball games. If you skip over the time the pitcher steps off the mound, and the batter out of the box, you're only looking at about 15 minutes of actual game time.
FIXED
Old 10-17-06, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Baseball preempts most of the shows I would DVR.
Old 10-17-06, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Baseball is allowing me to keep afloat with all that I'm recording. Once FOX's regular programming is added back into the mix I am doomed.
Old 10-17-06, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rfduncan
Baseball is allowing me to keep afloat with all that I'm recording. Once FOX's regular programming is added back into the mix I am doomed.

Same here, although I really don't watch much on FOX anymore - only Prison Break and Justice and perhaps The O.C. if it improves signifcantly.

I get into real trouble during college hoops season with good games on pretty much every night.
Old 10-17-06, 04:29 PM

I am enjoying the respite from Fox shows so I can catch up with everything else, but my husband is a baseball fan so we have fallen behind on the shows we watch together such as Lost and Veronica Mars. Haven't watched any of their new season episodes yet!

Thankfully the Tigers are on a break so we can maybe watch some shows this week before the World Series, but it is hard with a 2-year old running around.
Old 10-18-06, 01:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This should make y'all happy....

Turner, MLB reach 7-year TV deal for LCS
NEW YORK - TBS will alternate showing the NL and AL championship series for seven years starting next season under a television deal with Major League Baseball announced Tuesday.

Turner Broadcasting System paid about $310 million for the package. The network will televise the NLCS in 2007, 2009, 2011 and 2013, and the ALCS in the 2008, 2010 and 2012.

"It makes sense," commissioner Bud Selig said. "They have the division series. The economics were what we wanted."

The World Series, the LCS, first-round playoff games and the All-Star game will be on either Fox or TBS for the next seven years. Fox will show Saturday regular-season games through 2013 and TBS will televise 26 regular-season Sunday games in 2008.

Overall, Fox and TBS will pay a total of more than $3 billion for the package.

TBS will show all first-round playoff games. Turner Sports president David Levy said he hoped baseball could avoid overlapping games in the division series if that occurred, they could be shown on TBS and TNT.

"I kind of hate when we put two games on at the same time," Selig said.

Tim Brosnan, executive vice president for business for MLB, said baseball was attracted to Turner Sports' pregame and postgame production.

Levy said no decisions had been made on which announcers it would employ, adding the network has been "getting numerous calls."

TV ratings for this year's LCS games have been down from past years, and a shift from over-the-air telecasts to cable would diminish the number of potential viewers. Baseball, however, said it was not worried about the move.

"We're not ready to concede lower ratings," MLB chief operating officer Bob DuPuy said.
I, for one, am kind of upset about this. I think FOX's HD feed looks great, and as far as I know, TBS isn't in HD, and it isn't FREE (for most of the country).

Bad, bad move.
Old 10-18-06, 01:51 AM
Banned

For a second there I was gonna bash you for being a TV addict who can't survive a month without Fox primetime TV.
Old 10-18-06, 02:02 AM

TBS will alternate showing the NL and AL championship series for seven years starting next season under a television deal with Major League Baseball announced Tuesday... TBS will show all first-round playoff games.
Old 10-18-06, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Does this mean we might actually get a Halloween episode of The Simpsons BEFORE Halloween next year?
Old 10-18-06, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rfduncan
Does this mean we might actually get a Halloween episode of The Simpsons BEFORE Halloween next year?

Probably not unless they air it in early October. FOX still will carry 1 LCS and the WS each year.
Old 10-18-06, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I am more upset about missing weeks of House than anything