TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Veronica Mars -- "Wichita Linebacker" -- 10/17/06

Old 10-17-06, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Veronica Mars -- "Wichita Linebacker" -- 10/17/06

"Witchita Linebacker"
Spoiler:
A campus football player hires Veronica to find his stolen playbook before the next practice; Dean O'Dell (Ed Begley Jr.) threatens to expel Veronica.

Cast: Kristen Bell, Percy Daggs III, Teddy Dunn, Jason Dohring, Francis Capra, Enrico Colantoni, Tessa Thompson, Ed Begley Jr, Tina Majorino, Ryan Hansen , Julie Gonzalo, Chris Lowell.
Director(s): Harry Winer.
Producer(s): Joel Silver, Rob Thomas.
Writer(s): John Enbom, Phil Klemmer.

Original Airdate: October 17, 2006.
Old 10-17-06, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Veronica, hell yes.
Old 10-17-06, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Absolutely cannot wait.
Old 10-17-06, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Weevil returns!

And a Guitar Hero reference, hell yeah!
Old 10-17-06, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

How many pounds did Weevil pack on over the summer? I'm guessing 20.
Old 10-17-06, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Patman
How many pounds did Weevil pack on over the summer? I'm guessing 20.
Seriously, I almost didn't recognize him at first.

Ruh roh, looks like trouble in paradise for LoVe.

Logan: Is that what they're calling the toilet these days?

*Veronica walks in*

Logan: 'Cuz I think that's what I'm in.

Old 10-17-06, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Is VM rivalling Lost in terms of commercial breaks now?
Old 10-17-06, 09:57 PM

You're entering a world of pain, Larry.

I love the Lebowski references
Old 10-17-06, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

This episode was sort of uneven and not all that interesting. This season feels like VM-Lite.
Old 10-17-06, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Great Lebowski ref...I laughed my ass off. Another solid episode...Piz didn't annoy the hell out of me, which was surprising...Glad to see Weevil back but he definitely put on a bit of weight - Neptune prison food must have been better than I've heard.

MATT
Old 10-17-06, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This episode was sort of uneven and not all that interesting. This season feels like VM-Lite.
The episode was okay. I thought the season might be picking up due to a wedge in the Logan/Veronica ship, but that was wrapped up quickly by the end of the episode, or so it seems.

I wonder if the guy in the library asking Veronica for a book on Jack London is the rapist, or just a red herring.
Old 10-17-06, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Agreed.

I think the problem is that Veronica still feels like she's in high school. The stakes don't really seem upped, and she's still puttering around looking for stolen playbooks. College needs to be a big culture shock, and this just feels like grade 13.

To pull a Buffy comparison out of my ass, this season so far feels like what Buffy would've been like if they were still riffing off the first two seasons when she went to college.

Unless they start throwing us some changes and darkening and maturing the plots, I don't think I'd be broken up if it didn't make a fourth season.
Old 10-17-06, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don't really understand the complaints. As far as I'm concerned, this is the same type of tasty dish Rob Thomas has been serving up the past two seasons.
Old 10-18-06, 02:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

yah, it was an okay episode, but I really miss the cliffhanger action from season one and some here and there from last season. I live for cliffhangers.

Next week looks good, though. heheh.

Okay, tonight's episode:

1) I think I saw the first non-Apple computer on VM to date, in the coaches office.

2) Veronica looked cuuute in that uniform, but I want her Greeked again. Soon.

3) What was with the old sckool $20 bills in the gambling room? I haven't seen one of those for a couple years I bet.
Old 10-18-06, 02:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the new victim definitely supports the theory that was going around in last week's thread.
Old 10-18-06, 03:47 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

I didn't even recognize Weevil at first

Not their best effort I thought, it's to bad they didn't string out the Weevil working for Keith
Old 10-18-06, 03:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Didn't see the ep (I wait for the season sets, for better or for worse) but the ep title made me fall out.
Old 10-18-06, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I enjoyed the episode. Not spectacular, but solid and entertaining.

I think Veronica really needs to find a new boyfriend. Even with Logan on better behavior this season, there just doesn't seem to be any chemistry between the characters. Whenever there's a romantic moment or talk, things seem to fizzle. That's the one thing that bugs me with this season. Logan also seems pretty useless other than to cause Veronica grief.

It's good to see Weevil back and turning over a new leaf. Too bad things didn't work out with Keith, but he still has useful talents.
Old 10-18-06, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
I don't really understand the complaints. As far as I'm concerned, this is the same type of tasty dish Rob Thomas has been serving up the past two seasons.
No kidding. I think the season's off to a really good start. The writing's solid as ever. The new additions are 1000 times better than Season 2's. And the mini-mystery arcs are a great idea. A lot easier to follow than the convoluted plot of last year.

On a side note, I hope they bring back Lindsey McKeon's character. She's out of CW shows to guest star on anyway.
Old 10-18-06, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Weevil wobbles but he doesn't fall down. He needs to say "no", when asked "Do you want fries with that?".

Meh episode.
Old 10-18-06, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Nth Power
I think Veronica really needs to find a new boyfriend. Even with Logan on better behavior this season, there just doesn't seem to be any chemistry between the characters. Whenever there's a romantic moment or talk, things seem to fizzle. That's the one thing that bugs me with this season. Logan also seems pretty useless other than to cause Veronica grief.
Technically all the gripes everyone has with the current scenarios make sense. As a freshman living at home, little has change for Veronica except for the school campus. She's hardly dived into college life full-tilt - especially considering the large number of familiar faces she has to keep her from embracing college life entirely. That said, the Logan thing is going to wear out soon. Logan is clearly growing more accustomed to college life (keggers, co-eds, gambling parlors) having already done a lot of that in high school. At Herst he's got that and more with people who don't know the seedier elements of his past. He's got a fresh start, and he's exploring that. Veronica on the other hand is still just making more enemies than friends with her (missed) opportunity to start anew.

Overall, I really enjoyed the episode. I think I see where it is headed, and the potential psychological elements are really intruiging. While I would have liked competing plotlines with Weevil as junior detective, it will be more interesting to see how that experience has sparked his taste for sleuthing - especially now that his NEW job gets him on campus where he can be additional eyes and ears for Veronica!
Old 10-18-06, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Liked the Dwight Fry reference.
Old 10-18-06, 11:43 AM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

One of the best things about VM is that the story arcs are not necessarily what they seem to be. I'm still expecting a few surprises. I think all we've seen so far are the establishing shots.
Old 10-18-06, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Jeremy517
I think the new victim definitely supports the theory that was going around in last week's thread.
what was the theory?
Old 10-18-06, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Chauzer
what was the theory?
Spoiler:
The rapist is female.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.