DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Mtv RR/RW Challenge- "THE DUEL" (2006) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/480637-mtv-rr-rw-challenge-duel-2006-a.html)

Giantrobo 10-13-06 08:14 AM

Mtv RR/RW Challenge- "THE DUEL" (2006)

Anyone watch it yet? I saw about half Thursday night then I had to get back to work so Imissed the rest.

It's looks like it's gonna be kinda hardcore with lotsa "drama". No "official" teams this time but I saw some "deals" being drawn up between players so we'll see...

Mtv - The Duel You can also view full eps here so check it if you missed one. The full season premiere ep is already up.

Bill Needle 10-13-06 09:03 AM

I had no idea this was coming on since I never watch MTV, unless one of these shows is airing. God help me, but for some reason these shows are like my own personal crack. I'll watch a replay.

Brent_MN 10-13-06 12:25 PM

I do enjoy this as much as the next guy, but I'd much rather have new seasons of Road Rules. When was the last time that happened? Boooo.

Brent_MN 10-13-06 12:53 PM

oh, and Kina... :drool:

dolphinboy 10-13-06 02:53 PM

I know how sensitive a young woman can be about her appearance but I was shocked after all that build up and drama that Diem "appeared" to have a pretty good amount of hair. I was expecting a lot worse and it looked nothing more than a short haircut. She actually looked so much better like that than she did with all those towels she'd wrap around her head.

Appearances aside, I'm glad she's getting better and since most of these people typically only act like idiots, it was nice to see everyone give her such a nice moment.

I know everyone hates Beth and she deserves it, but Tina is worse in my opinion. She's an uglier and more manly version of Beth and I wish someone would tell her.

Casey and Jodi are the best in the way of eye candy imo.

Giantrobo 10-13-06 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by dolphinboy

I know everyone hates Beth and she deserves it, but Tina is worse in my opinion. She's an uglier and more manly version of Beth and I wish someone would tell her.

I'd hit em both. :drool: I used to hate Beth for getting that Mini-Chappelle dude kicked off her season for "rape" :rolleyes: but she's grown on me over the years. Tina is simply delicious.

Casey and Jodi are the best in the way of eye candy imo.
Yeah they're both cute.

Giantrobo 10-14-06 09:05 AM

Granted, it was more of miss and less of punch poorly swung towards Beth's face, but how is Tina still on the show? :lol:

boogieman03 10-14-06 01:16 PM

Wow. Just caught the show on mtv's website (i'm at work on a saturday..that's why)

This looks to be a really fun season. CT is always good for some drama. Glad he's back.

I was actually shocked that Tina did throw that punch. I didn't see if she was still around in the previews for the rest of the season. It not, that's too bad. She's good for stirring up some shit.

My favorites? Kina and Diem :drool

Followed closely by Casey and Jodi.

actionjackson29 10-14-06 03:47 PM

I think that Diem should've just got her hair and forgot about the wig. She had more hair than Aneesa.

Brent_MN 10-14-06 03:50 PM

I still haven't watched this...VCR'd it yesterday. I wish there was a way for me to get Kina's season of Road Rules... I've never seen it. :(

raven56706 10-14-06 05:05 PM

svetlana looks like she lost weight..... oh and can someone please shut wes up.... dat boy is annoying

boogieman03 10-14-06 05:06 PM

I still think Wes is Abrahm, and I'm shocked that non of the other cast members even pick up on it.

calliope 10-14-06 05:44 PM

I am so shamlessly addicted to these shows. It's really awful. But I love it.

I hate Beth, so finally watching someone punch her was fabulous, even though I don't like Tina either. I bet they have to kick her off for violating the physical violence rule?

I also super hate Wes. God, he's so awful. And I know they keep putting him on these challenges because he's crazy but I wish he would just go away. He's so delusional and scary.

Jodi looks a lot better after all the work she's had done.

boredsilly 10-14-06 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
I know how sensitive a young woman can be about her appearance but I was shocked after all that build up and drama that Diem "appeared" to have a pretty good amount of hair. I was expecting a lot worse and it looked nothing more than a short haircut. She actually looked so much better like that than she did with all those towels she'd wrap around her head.

Yeah, she looks 10,000 times better with that short black hair than she did with the long blonde stuff. It's sexy as hell. She should definately drop the headwrap business. But who am I to tell here what's a big deal and what's not. I see girls talk about how "fat" they are, who look thin to me.

Tina is a uber-bitch, but I think she's attractive. I think anything she has going for her is hurt by her loud mouth and general abrasive nature. Same for Coral.

These shows are crazy fun, and this weeks challenge was great. I don't feel bad oogling the girls, as women and gay men had plenty of eye candy to look at too in this last challenge. MTV sucks ass, but they know what they're doing with these shows.

Timber 10-14-06 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by boogieman03
I still think Wes is Abrahm, and I'm shocked that non of the other cast members even pick up on it.

Yeah I've thought that myself for a few season. Why isn't the cast picking up on it?

CT is a huge ass but I like him for some reason.

I'm in love with Casey.

Do they even do Road Rules anymore?

sjrab16 10-14-06 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Timber
Do they even do Road Rules anymore?

I don't think so but if they did I wish it would go back to the old way. Where the group of people stay on the entire season and not have to worry about getting the boot.

Timber 10-14-06 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by sjrab16
I don't think so but if they did I wish it would go back to the old way. Where the group of people stay on the entire season and not have to worry about getting the boot.

The show suffered when they took it from being in America to putting it on boats and taking it overseas. Plus the eliination thing sucks.

QuikSilver 10-14-06 10:49 PM

I saw this the other day and its so stupid, but yet I always watch it if I stumple across it on TV. Definitely a guilty pleasure show.

GuessWho 10-14-06 11:52 PM

ct + diem = yuck

i'd rather see her get back with derek

Arpeggi 10-14-06 11:52 PM

Svetlana :drool:

Brent_MN 10-15-06 12:15 AM

Kina :drool:

Giantrobo 10-15-06 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by boogieman03

??? I don't understand what you mean.

Giantrobo 10-15-06 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by boredsilly
Yeah, she looks 10,000 times better with that short black hair than she did with the long blonde stuff. It's sexy as hell.

She was never that attractive to me so Long hair, short hair...didn't matter. Her face looks weird to me. Anyway, I guess the fact that she's tall, thin, and <i>had</i> long blonde hair is what attracts people to her.

But I do understand the "hair thing" with women. The show "made" had a girl who had that disorder where you lose all your hair and although she was pretty with a smokin' body, she was still very insecure about losing all her hair.

Brent_MN 10-15-06 11:45 AM

old hair Diem is a hotter Meredith Grey.

Patman 10-15-06 12:14 PM

Is that saying much?