DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   10/12/06 - My Name is Earl - Larceny of a Kitty Cat (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/480518-10-12-06-my-name-earl-larceny-kitty-cat.html)

PixyJunket 10-12-06 09:37 AM

10/12/06 - My Name is Earl - Larceny of a Kitty Cat

Summary:

As number 56 on his list, Earl decides to return an award winning cat back to its rightful owner after attempting to sabotage a cat show in Joy's avor. However, when Randy and Earl return the cat back to its owner they find that the once champion kitty has lost all of its award winning qualities. Meanwhile, an attraction forms between Randy and the cat owner, which helps Randy discover a lot about his true self.

Rogue588 10-12-06 08:06 PM

My wondering what song Randy would be singing on the s2 DVD set distracted me from enjoying this episode..

Brent_MN 10-12-06 08:09 PM

I decided to quit watching this. I like Earl but can't stand Joy or Randy. I watched 3/4 of s1 dvd's and gave up...

I wanted to like it really badly. It didn't work.

LorenzoL 10-12-06 08:17 PM

"Cute" episode with the best part for me being Randy with the boombox.

ChrisHicks 10-12-06 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Rogue588
My wondering what song Randy would be singing on the s2 DVD set distracted me from enjoying this episode..

I was doing the same thing.

JasonF 10-12-06 10:14 PM

Spoiler:
Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul? Paul?

MrX 10-12-06 11:05 PM

Randy's great in little doses, not when he's the whole show.

Always good to see Amy Sedaris

GoldenJCJ 10-12-06 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by Brent_MN
I decided to quit watching this. I like Earl but can't stand Joy or Randy. I watched 3/4 of s1 dvd's and gave up...

I wanted to like it really badly. It didn't work.

I agree about Randy but Joy is my favorite character. I found that I don't like the episode unless Joy and Crabman have a large role in it. Earl and Randy aren't that great IMO.

Finisher 10-12-06 11:24 PM

Was Catalina even in this episode?

Randy's retardation is really bothering me.

RichC2 10-12-06 11:43 PM

Randy is inconsistent, he's sometimes loveably dumb, sometimes downright stupid, and sometimes viciously retarded.

Joy is consistently the highlight of the show.

slop101 10-13-06 12:11 AM

A lot less than half the songs from the S1 dvds were taken out - what makes you think Time After Time will be one of the few songs (if any) that will be taken out of the S2 dvds?

Sedaris needs to do something about that over-bite...

Brent_MN 10-13-06 12:43 AM

I guess I'm just not a fan of Jamie Presley. I try! But when she was on SNL, I decided for sure. Nope. And Earl was out, just like that.

Stll, it didn't leave a bitter taste in my mouth or anything. And there are much much worse shows on tv. :)

boogieman03 10-13-06 01:10 AM

I enjoy watching this show. It has some good laughs and gets me ready to watch The Office.

movieking 10-13-06 06:38 AM

This was okay, but I really hate when Randy gets any screen time. Time for him to chase a ball off a cliff or something and have Crabman take his place.

Michael Corvin 10-13-06 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
I agree about Randy but Joy is my favorite character. I found that I don't like the episode unless Joy and Crabman have a large role in it. Earl and Randy aren't that great IMO.

comlete opposite here. I love Crabman, but Joy grates on my nerves to no extent. Randy's ignorance > Joy's white trash.

Of course now we all can't simply enjoy the show, this is a recurring thought that will happen every episode. I wonder what they are going to replace this with? The song where he was chugging the water was equally hilarious. The scene would not have been funny w/o it.

Pretty good ep.
Favorite Randy-ism this week:
"When I'm lost, I stop and ask for directions, because it happens four times a week." :lol:

Chew 10-13-06 06:40 AM

Randy does seem to have one laugh-out-loud moment per episode for me. Recently it was the Lollipop Guild, this week's was "Time After Time". :lol:

Snowmaker 10-13-06 06:52 AM

That crossed my mind too.

Earl's Can I Play With Madness t-shirt. :up:
Once again, no Catalina :down:

And what was with that sleepwalker at the end? Randy going on and on and on saying his name was worse than any Family Guy gag that's ever ran too long.

wmansir 10-13-06 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Of course now we all can't simply enjoy the show, this is a recurring thought that will happen every episode. I wonder what they are going to replace this with?

Since Earl spoke the lyrics of the song, and one of them mentioned getting a Cindi Lauper CD, I would hope they would spend the dough to keep the song.

I also have to agree that Randy is best in small doses. His one liners can be the highlight of an episode.

Chew 10-13-06 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
And what was with that sleepwalker at the end? Randy going on and on and on saying his name was worse than any Family Guy gag that's ever ran too long.

"We have two minutes to fill and no ideas".

Snowmaker 10-13-06 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Chew
"We have two minutes to fill and no ideas".

That's when you just have Joy or Catalina (or both) doing ANYTHING and showing cleavage. They can be changing a tire for all I care. It'd be way better than the sleepwalker scene.

cdollaz 10-13-06 08:14 AM

I loved the Candy overbite.

Best Randy line was when he talked about eating the cotton candy in the attic.

Tracer Bullet 10-13-06 08:27 AM

Any show that casts Amy Sedaris as a crazy cat-lady is okay in my book.

CPA-ESQ. 10-13-06 08:28 AM

The ending didn't go all that well:

I was waiting for him to get louder and louder - eventualy scaring the guy out of his sleep walking state - and he dies.

DVD Josh 10-13-06 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by CPA-ESQ.
The ending didn't go all that well:

I was waiting for him to get louder and louder - eventualy scaring the guy out of his sleep walking state - and he dies.

That would not be Randy at all. What he did is precisely what I would expect randy to do.

cdollaz 10-13-06 08:48 AM

The ending was horrible.