DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Supernatural -- "Bloodlust" -- 10/12/06 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/480499-supernatural-bloodlust-10-12-06-a.html)

LorenzoL 10-12-06 05:26 AM

Supernatural -- "Bloodlust" -- 10/12/06

"Bloodlust" Episode #203.
Spoiler:
Sam and Dean meet a fellow demon hunter (Sterling K. Brown), who systematically kills vampires in a small town.

Cast: Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles, Sterling K. Brown, Amber Benson.
Director(s): Robert Singer.
Producer(s): Eric Kripke, Robert Singer.
Writer(s): Sera Gamble.

Original Airdate: October 12, 2006.

dhmac 10-13-06 06:16 AM

Decent episode, although figuring out what that other hunter did was a no-brainer. And I expect he'll return later this season as an enemy.

Mr. Thames 10-13-06 10:07 AM

I thought it was a fairly good episode. I liked the ironic (possibly on purpose) casting of Amber Benson, formerly of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, as a vampire. I think it's an interesting storyline that there are other Hunters out there and that some of them, like Gordon, may not be entirely stable.

MEJHarrison 10-13-06 12:50 PM

I thought this was a less than average episode. Nice twist having the human be the "bad guy" and the vampires being the "good guys". But I don't think it was a great overall episode.

My favorite part was the reveal of the restored Impala. I know they already used Back in Black from AC/DC last year, but I don't think they could have picked a better song for that scene. That had to be the best "Hell Ya!" moment from the series to date. :rock2:

bigsoos 10-13-06 01:26 PM

good episode, although I thought the chick vamp was going to tear up Sam when he was carrying her out of the house.

sabre 10-13-06 02:32 PM

I didn't love this episode. Too politically correct. The brothers are now responsible if any human is killed by those vamps. I hope this show doesn't become buffy like with dozens of "good" demons which made the show dumb.

LorenzoL 10-13-06 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by MEJHarrison
My favorite part was the reveal of the restored Impala. I know they already used Back in Black from AC/DC last year, but I don't think they could have picked a better song for that scene. That had to be the best "Hell Ya!" moment from the series to date. :rock2:

I have to agree that the above scene was the best part of the episode. I didn't particularly care much about the episode but I think it paved for some things to come in the future. Nice to see Amber Benson on TV again though.

SuperBatMan 10-14-06 06:18 PM

I thought this was one of the better episodes in awhile. Good character developent in Dean. I did a little happy dance when Tara from Buffy showed up, as I was wondering if they were going to throw in a Buffy/Angel reference or cameo.

And yeah, the opening scene with Back in Black playing and the boys back in the Impala was a great moment.

Slayer2005 10-14-06 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by sabre
I didn't love this episode. Too politically correct. The brothers are now responsible if any human is killed by those vamps. I hope this show doesn't become buffy like with dozens of "good" demons which made the show dumb.

Buffy had better writing, better stories, better dialogue and better characters. If Buffy is dumb then Supernatural is retarded.

Care to name these "dozens of good demons" on Buffy? Aside from Clem who eats kittens (which makes his goodness a bit debatable. :)) who are they? Anya doesn't count. She became human and she was an very evil demon. Demon Giles definitely doesn't count, because that was a spell. Spike with a chip doesn't count, because the first thing he tried to do when he thought his chip wasn't working to was to kill a young girl. So, who are these "dozens of good demons" exactly?

It's been awhile since I've gone through the series, so my memory needs refreshing. :)

Original Desmond 10-15-06 03:03 AM

not a bad ep at all

crankyman 10-15-06 09:55 AM

i like the show.....not a terrible episode. but they did write the boys a bit 'high and mighty'.

might be nice if they run down all of the vampire mythology they choose to use on the show. i remembered the dead man's blood thing....but i'm not sure they've explored daylight...or garlic...or holy water, etc.?? maybe daylight in the first episode....

and it was nice to see tara. and i do think we'll see the vamp hunter again. and hopefully amber benson as well. i like the 'freak of the week' with the story arch back story of finding the demon that killed dad. perhaps amber can assist them later in the season killing a demon or two.

next episode looks good.

Chew 10-16-06 07:07 AM

I certainly hope the hunter returns. Also, I'm really glad they aren't trying to follow their dad around anymore, that got a little old.

rfduncan 10-16-06 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Slayer2005

Originally Posted by sabre

Buffy had better writing, better stories, better dialogue and better characters. If Buffy is dumb then Supernatural is retarded.

Agreed. Oh, sabre.... -ohbfrank-

The only "friendly" demons were really on Angel than on Buffy see Cordelia, Lorne, Allyria and Doyle. But considering the title character is a "friendly demon", wouldn't you kind of expect that?

MEJHarrison 10-16-06 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by crankyman
might be nice if they run down all of the vampire mythology they choose to use on the show. i remembered the dead man's blood thing....but i'm not sure they've explored daylight...or garlic...or holy water, etc.?? maybe daylight in the first episode....

On "Dead Man's Blood" from season 1, their father said that sunlight hurts them (like a bad sunburn), but doesn't kill them. I also think believe he said that beheading is the only way to kill a vampire in the Supernatural universe. I'm not sure what effect, if any, garlic or holy water would have.

crankyman 10-17-06 09:12 AM

i remembered some of that....that coulda done a little blurb though...just for me. but no, instead they decide to leave me confused between the buffyverse, ultraviolet, blade, x-files (the pistacchio thing always cracks me up) and supernatural. oh...and that one vamp show that lasted one season, but i thought was really good - the kindred.

MEJHarrison 10-17-06 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by crankyman
i remembered some of that....that coulda done a little blurb though...just for me. but no, instead they decide to leave me confused between the buffyverse, ultraviolet, blade, x-files (the pistacchio thing always cracks me up) and supernatural. oh...and that one vamp show that lasted one season, but i thought was really good - the kindred.

No Forever Knight? :scratch2:

I actually own all three seasons on DVD, but haven't ever seen the show. My wife wanted it and we still have to get to it at some point. She says its good, so I hope she's right.

MrX 10-17-06 09:59 PM

I thought it was ok.

I was glad to see Amber Benson too