Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Heroes - 10/09/06

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-06, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
For me the most unbelievable aspect of the show is that these people are actually trying to tell others about their powers. Yeah, I want my family and friends to think I'm crazy! That's the last fucking thing I'd do. Not only that - then they actually get mad when they aren't being taken seriously.
Old 10-09-06, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah there's a fair amount that's cringe-worthy about this show, from the sappy writing to basically the entire plotline involving the cheerleader. But three episodes in, I admit I'm hooked. Who is Claire's dad, who or what is Syler, what really happened to the prof, how will they save the world... yeah I'm in.

Just please replace the dumb intro with a quick recap like they do on "Lost". We don't need the overly dramatic narration to remind us how important it is that the characters discover their powers and use them to save the world. We get it.
Old 10-09-06, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Achtung
Just please replace the dumb intro with a quick recap like they do on "Lost". We don't need the overly dramatic narration to remind us how important it is that the characters discover their powers and use them to save the world. We get it.
I imagine they do that so new viewers can know what's going on?? It's not that annoying....yet.

OH and mini-Bilson needs to not wear turtlenecks...Glad she's a regular tho, she's good stuff.
Old 10-09-06, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,732 Likes on 1,885 Posts
It would appear that Claire (cheerleader) was unable to heal herself until the object lodged in her brain was removed. I was a bit unclear on this, but how did the stick get pulled out of her head? Didn't look like there was anyone around to do it. (Have to rewatch Fri. on skiffy.) And it seems strange that they would leave her cheerleading outfit on her during an autopsy. I'd think they'd remove all of her clothing to look for trace evidence.

I'm guessing that Nikki's mirror-image was the one who set-up her husband for murder. Fairly obvious, really. What I want to know is why her son so conveniently stayed asleep in the back of the car until she was finished burying the bodies.

Sylar... I'm guessing that he's collecting brains of other specials in order to absorb their special abilities? He somehow stopped the bullets/healed himself, forced a gun to Clea DuVall's head, and disappeared into thin air. I wonder if he'll target the cheerleader who took credit for the fire rescue next, on the assumption that she's the special one. (Sylar could also be a shape-changer as far as we know; if so he could be almost anyone on the show at any time.)

Looks like Nathan Petrelli is shaping up to be one of the "bad guys" should they go in that direction. I'm also a bit ambivalent on Claire's father... he's certainly "in the know" about what's going on, but I think his role is a bit of misdirection as to what his true intentions are. And I also don't trust Eden (the Prof's neighbor) -- she's seems a little too helpful and interested in what's going on.
Old 10-09-06, 11:14 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
ok episode

Hiro and Ali Larter's character are really the only 2 that I find interesting.
Old 10-09-06, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey brother, I can fly! I don't care that I sound like a mental patient, I can fly! It doesn't matter that we are in a crowded room, I can fly! Wait a minute! YOU can fly, too!

Watch me stand on the edge of something! I can fly, and my brother can fly.

Flying!!!

Holy crap, the first interesting thing that character did was kiss the bright sistah with the blue eyes.
Old 10-09-06, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 217 Likes on 130 Posts
This show is impressive in that I don't think I've ever enjoyed something so much that made me cringe so often. It's almost like they have one guy writing the plot, another handling the characters and a third doing the dialog and narration. Guy #1 is great, Guy #2 is up and down and Guy #3 needs to meet up with Sylar.
Old 10-09-06, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
I'm guessing that Nikki's mirror-image was the one who set-up her husband for murder. Fairly obvious, really. What I want to know is why her son so conveniently stayed asleep in the back of the car until she was finished burying the bodies.
Forget that...how the heck did she bury that mess from her trunk without getting any blood on her hands or the outside of her car in the middle of the desert with no water source!?

There are some glaring inconsistencies and dialogue that pushes it close to "guilty pleasure" fanfare, but I'm really enjoying it!
Old 10-10-06, 12:16 AM
Suspended

This show could be so much better if they didn't have a tank full of manitees writing the dialogue.
Old 10-10-06, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Location: Rainy ass Seattle yes the weather sucks here, so do our sports teams.
Is she going to "die" in every episode? And can we get her some different clothes, please? We get it -- she's a cheerleader!
^co-sign

I am still loving this show. The flying brothers story is annoying this shit out of me for some reason, and I wish they would focus on characters that are more interesting. I still love it though!

Obvious, but the black guy in the bar was wearing a necklace of that symbol we keep seeing.

Oh ya and that short haired brunette girl gives me the hawt very sexy but she knows too much, something is up with her.

Syler's place looked like something out of Se7en, I was half expecting Pitt to bust in.
Old 10-10-06, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
for the people that have itunes, is this show avl for download? just curious.

edit:
short haired brunette girl...
Yeah, who is that? She looks familiar.

Last edited by Ranger; 10-10-06 at 01:17 AM.
Old 10-10-06, 01:28 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally Posted by Ranger
for the people that have itunes, is this show avl for download? just curious.
yep, but right now the 2nd episode is all they have
Old 10-10-06, 01:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

the short-haired girl is Mini-Bilson. She was in Everwood and "Brick."
Old 10-10-06, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Location: Rainy ass Seattle yes the weather sucks here, so do our sports teams.
Yeah, who is that? She looks familiar.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0954253/

Damn she is cute! Nora baby call me, please? You is fine baby.
Old 10-10-06, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
Gotta love when the bad guy has a "crazy wall."

The girl from Remember the Titans dying every episode is like a live action They Killed Kenny!

Greg Grunberg is probably my favorite character at this point. So much self-loathing from the people around him.
Old 10-10-06, 04:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by vinhj
Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
What I want to know is why her son so conveniently stayed asleep in the back of the car until she was finished burying the bodies.
Forget that...how the heck did she bury that mess from her trunk without getting any blood on her hands or the outside of her car in the middle of the desert with no water source!?

There are some glaring inconsistencies and dialogue that pushes it close to "guilty pleasure" fanfare, but I'm really enjoying it!
And in the hot Nevada sun no less. That kid should have been broiling. I thought the exact same thing, but I'm still loving the show so far.
Old 10-10-06, 05:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Mohinder must have spent his entire life reading nothing but textbooks, there's no other explanation for why he hasn't become suspicious of his little friend.
Old 10-10-06, 06:39 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I love this show !

I love the dark aspect to it, the gore. Hell we've had heads carved up, autosopys, attempted rape, murder. I love it !

Much better than the shiny happy superhero stuff.

This is fast becoming my fav show at the moment.

Every scene with the Japanese guy and his mate is pure gold.
Old 10-10-06, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by vinhj

Also, when she put the shovel away it looked brand new, all shiny and clean.

And that kid is one sound sleeper.
Old 10-10-06, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Snowmaker
And that kid is one sound sleeper.

Well that is his weakness:

Super Power: Super Smart Computer Genius

Weakness: Once he goes to sleep he does not wake up for 8 hrs.
Old 10-10-06, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Anyone have a screencap of the autopsy?
Old 10-10-06, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Original Desmond
I love this show !

I love the dark aspect to it, the gore. Hell we've had heads carved up, autosopys, attempted rape, murder. I love it !

Much better than the shiny happy superhero stuff.

This is fast becoming my fav show at the moment.

Every scene with the Japanese guy and his mate is pure gold.
I agree! This show is not afraid to go deep and dark. In fact, some scenes have been downright disgusting! I look forward to this show, where I'm just watching some others (Studio 60, Nine) to see IF they turn into anything. Loved the stop action scene with the truck almost hitting the little girl..! Good stuff.!!
Old 10-10-06, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

This show demonstrates to me how truly rare a show like Lost is, where they combine a good idea w/ pretty good actors and writers. Heroes is a good (if not entirely original) idea that's lacking the writing/acting. Oh well, I'm still watching.

So the guy who plays the dead father/professor/author is the guy who's been in The Mummy and 100 other shows/movies right? If so, clearly
Spoiler:
that character isn't really dead, because they wouldn't cast a known actor for an offscreen part
Old 10-10-06, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Meatpants
So the guy who plays the dead father/professor/author is the guy who's been in The Mummy and 100 other shows/movies right? If so, clearly
Spoiler:
that character isn't really dead, because they wouldn't cast a known actor for an offscreen part
That's what I was thinking. He was also Elecktra's dad in Daredevil.
Old 10-10-06, 09:19 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Fun episode last night. Hiro (and his friend) and the cop are my favorite storylines.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.