TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Everwood on The WB

Old 03-05-09, 05:23 PM

re: Everwood on The WB

It's a good thing they are finally releasing this now, while the economy is booming and people have disposable income to spend on DVDs!
Old 03-05-09, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
It's a good thing they are finally releasing this now, while the economy is booming and people have disposable income to spend on DVDs!
You mean while the economy is slumping and people are staying home more to enjoy DVDs instead of going out? I AGREE!
Old 02-20-12, 10:32 PM

Re: Everwood **Season Premiere** 9/29/05 (New night)

I just discovered this show on DVD and have finally started the final season. I wish I could've discussed this with everyone while the show was on the air. I can't tell you how disappointed I was with the premiere. I don't like Scott Wolf as an actor, and I don't like this character. I'm really bummed out Nina chose Jake over Andy. If Nina ends up with Andy by the end of the series, I'm going to be even more disappointed, because it's such a cop-out of a narrative tool. Keeping the obvious couple apart for the tension, even though everyone knows they'll end up together. But, maybe I should have faith in the show to avoid the stupid cliches and it'll redeem itself by the end and Andy ends up happily alone or with a different woman, and Nina moves away and Jake dies in a fire.
Old 02-01-18, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

All four seasons of Everwood were added to Hulu today. Happy streaming!
Old 02-02-18, 04:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It's also available on the streaming app CW SEED (no subscription w/commercials). I have it on both firetv and roku.
Old 02-03-18, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So weird, I was thinking of checking out some episodes just this week. Think Van Camp got me jonesing for Everwood now that she’s on The Resident.

I just need to pick up the other dvds. They’re crazy cheap.
Old 02-07-18, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I hope new viewers will find something special with this show. It’s been over ten years since my post earlier in this thread. It is still my favorite TV show ever, probably for sentimental reasons. I find its small town quirks, family dynamics, and teenage drama a nice balance. Sure it has some cheesy moments, but I find it to have a lot of “heart” and quite well written. The score is absolutely perfect too.

It was the first Tv show that my wife (girlfriend at the time) first watched together. I had just bought season 1 on dvd, and it was one of the early things we did to relax together after dinner, during our early dating we had back then. We just adored the show. Somehow, we never finished it. I think we were dreading not having any more Everwood to watch when we finally finished the last season, so we slowed down and watched other things instead. Well, we never quite got back to it. We stopped somewhere in the middle of season 3. But I know deep in our hearts, it was always our favorite show, even though we also enjoyed spending our quiet nights catching up with Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, and Downton Abbey in recent years.

She passed away almost two years ago, unexpectedly, and when our son was merely hours old. I don’t have a lot of free time anymore, being a single parent, but I decided to get the rest of the DVDs and rewatch this show about 18months ago, from the very beginning, and do a couple of episodes a month, 1 season a year all the way to the end. To finish what we started, so to speak. It became one of the very few things that could put a smile back on my face during that impossible first year, because I could still remember some of the conversations we had during certain episodes. Our son will be around 4 1/2 by the time I am done. I only wish she was still around to finish it with me. When I get to meet up with her again, I will fill her in with what she missed. I think this would be a great show too to watch with my son together when he is a teenager.

Seeing Andy and Ephram’s relationship and struggles strikes a different chord and reaction inside me than when I first watched this show more than 10 years ago. For obvious reasons, I guess. It makes me wonder what it will be like for me and my son, when he is at that age. I didn’t move to another town, like Andy Brown after he lost his wife, but I know precisely where my wife’s “Everwood” would be, if she is there right now.

Hope new viewers to this show will find something special in it too.

Last edited by Autotelik; 02-07-18 at 01:06 AM.
Old 02-07-18, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Thank you for sharing your story. Very moving.

I do remember your post from a year ago after you mentioned your wife’s passing. That’s great that you found a commonplace with this show and it was one of the moments you and your wife shared together and have fond memories of.
Old 02-08-18, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Autotelik View Post
I hope new viewers will find something special with this show. It’s been over ten years since my post earlier in this thread. It is still my favorite TV show ever, probably for sentimental reasons. I find its small town quirks, family dynamics, and teenage drama a nice balance. Sure it has some cheesy moments, but I find it to have a lot of “heart” and quite well written. The score is absolutely perfect too.

It was the first Tv show that my wife (girlfriend at the time) first watched together. I had just bought season 1 on dvd, and it was one of the early things we did to relax together after dinner, during our early dating we had back then. We just adored the show. Somehow, we never finished it. I think we were dreading not having any more Everwood to watch when we finally finished the last season, so we slowed down and watched other things instead. Well, we never quite got back to it. We stopped somewhere in the middle of season 3. But I know deep in our hearts, it was always our favorite show, even though we also enjoyed spending our quiet nights catching up with Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, and Downton Abbey in recent years.

She passed away almost two years ago, unexpectedly, and when our son was merely hours old. I don’t have a lot of free time anymore, being a single parent, but I decided to get the rest of the DVDs and rewatch this show about 18months ago, from the very beginning, and do a couple of episodes a month, 1 season a year all the way to the end. To finish what we started, so to speak. It became one of the very few things that could put a smile back on my face during that impossible first year, because I could still remember some of the conversations we had during certain episodes. Our son will be around 4 1/2 by the time I am done. I only wish she was still around to finish it with me. When I get to meet up with her again, I will fill her in with what she missed. I think this would be a great show too to watch with my son together when he is a teenager.

Seeing Andy and Ephram’s relationship and struggles strikes a different chord and reaction inside me than when I first watched this show more than 10 years ago. For obvious reasons, I guess. It makes me wonder what it will be like for me and my son, when he is at that age. I didn’t move to another town, like Andy Brown after he lost his wife, but I know precisely where my wife’s “Everwood” would be, if she is there right now.

Hope new viewers to this show will find something special in it too.
As DJ said, thanks for sharing. I can’t even fathom what you’ve gone through, but glad you can relate to the show and find some amount of joy.
Old 04-04-18, 11:31 PM

I have started rewatching Everwood. I'm just two episodes in, but I had forgotten how beautifully written the Narration was. Also, there were some great scenes with Smith and Williams. The show really captured how father/son relationships can be during the teenage years.
Old 04-05-18, 05:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by lwhy? View Post
I have started rewatching Everwood. I'm just two episodes in, but I had forgotten how beautifully written the Narration was. Also, there were some great scenes with Smith and Williams. The show really captured how father/son relationships can be during the teenage years.
The scene in the snow at the car is still a classic and definitely helped hook me to the show. More writers/eps could learn a lot from the Everwood pilot in fact.
Old 05-15-18, 09:31 AM

Re: Everwood on The WB

Everwood Revival: 'There's a Real Shot It Could Come Back,' Says Greg Berlanti

The prospect of an Everwood revival has progressed from “pipe dream” to “realistic possibility.” In a new interview with our sister pub Variety, Greg Berlanti — who created the beloved WB drama — suggested that a reunion project is becoming more a question of when than if.

“I think it’s about schedules and finances and budget and, if we can get a budget to a [workable] place, I think that there’s a real shot that that could come back,” he said. “I think we just have to figure out what would be the best way to do it. But there’s nothing firm in place yet.”

During an Everwood 15th anniversary panel held last August at the Television Critics Association’s summer press tour, Berlanti was more tentative about the possibility of a revival. “No one’s asked, but I think we all would love to work together again,” he told reporters. Star Treat Williams quickly interjected that he’d sign on to an Everwood continuation “in a New York minute.”

Leading Lady Emily VanCamp, meanwhile, recently confirmed to the TVLine Podcast that she’s “heard whispers” about a possible revival, adding, “If it were to happen there’s a big possibility I would do it. We’ll see.”
http://tvline.com/2018/05/15/everwoo...p-chris-pratt/
Old 05-15-18, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Humm...as much as I love the property I’m not sure if I’m down for more. They left things in a pretty good place, and at least we’re able to record an alternative ending to wrap things up.

I mean, it’s been 10+ years. What do you do? Have Ephram and Amy have kids, only for Ephram’s other kid to come walking into their lives? Plus I’d assume you’d need to have it still take place in Everwood. I guess Ephram could reach music at school.
Old 05-15-18, 11:02 PM

I've always thought it would be best to do a revival tv movie, or a limited series run. with Ephram and Amys wedding. That would be a way to bring back everybody and not have them wear out their welcome. The ending they had to the series was kinda perfect for the show.
Old 05-16-18, 01:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Sorry! But We Don't Need an Everwood Revival - By Kaitlin Thomas - TV Guide.com - May 15, 2018.

Hollywood has seen a number of reboots, revivals and remakes since Netflix's Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life jump-started pop culture's latest obsession with nostalgia, and now another beloved WB series seems to be inching toward a revival.

In a new interview with Variety, uber-producer Greg Berlanti, who recently set a new record with 14 series on the air, said the possibility of a revival of his coming-of-age drama Everwood is becoming more and more likely. "I think it's about schedules and finances and budget, and if we can get a budget to a [workable] place, I think that there's a real shot that that could come back," he told the magazine. "I think we just have to figure out what would be the best way to do it. But there's nothing firm in place yet."

Let us stop you right there, Greg. Though there's still nothing set in stone, and as much as we truly love Everwood-is a revival really necessary?

Rest Of The Article - http://www.tvguide.com/news/everwood...greg-berlanti/
Old 05-16-18, 09:34 AM

I really, really liked Everwood, and was very sad when it ended. So in some sense, I would love to see more of it, no matter how good it turned out. Especially if the Bright and (even more especially) Hannah characters were involved. But I see the author's point about TV going forward instead back. Still, TV has been looking backwards for a long time now.
Old 07-12-19, 06:18 PM

Stephanie Niznik (Nina) passed away. She was only 52. https://tvline.com/2019/07/12/stepha...d-nina-feeney/

Last edited by lwhy?; 07-12-19 at 07:22 PM.
Old 07-12-19, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Sad news.
Old 07-13-19, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Everwood is still one of my Top 10 TV Shows of All Time.

Very sad news.