Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Everwood on The WB

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Everwood on The WB

Old 10-07-03, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good solid episode. One of the few very reliably good shows on TV that I can count on to make me think at the end. In this case, Ephram's dialogue was excellent . Let's hope they can keep up the good writing for years to come.
Old 10-07-03, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
this is definately one of the best shows on tv right now.
Old 10-07-03, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the babysitter came off as very unlikable at the beginning, but at the end I liked her. But I was right with Ephram hating her at first. She was clearly wrong for treating Ephram the way she did, and expecting what she expected from him. She was hired to take care of Delia, and JUST Delia, while Ephram studied and worked on his school work. Only once did we see him take a break to play a video game. Big deal! He probably deserved it! For her to bust his chops over that would have sent me over the line too if I was in his shoes. She was not hired to nitpick on him or boss him around, and she should have been fired. Thumbs down to Dr Brown for hiring her back. But I did find her quite interesting in the end, and would like to see more of her character later on.
Old 10-07-03, 04:19 PM

Received 798 Likes on 521 Posts
Originally posted by das Monkey
I find I just sit and watch this show with a big stupid grin on my face, and it never seems to disappoint.

das

I've got to agree on that one das. This is still my favorite show to watch. To bad it doesn't get more press. This show has brilliant writing, great character development, (semi) real experiences and good actors.

I loved Dr. Abbott's speech and Madison stiff rebuking of the Brown boys.

Although I'm looking forward to next week's episode, I'm a little leary of a 10-year old saying the s--- word (several times toboot).

Old 10-07-03, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Goldberg74

Although I'm looking forward to next week's episode, I'm a little leary of a 10-year old saying the s--- word (several times toboot).
That's what she is going to say? I didn't know that. I caught the previews, but I wasn't really paying attention, but it seemed very melodramatic. I think her character is actually 8 or 9, so that would certainly be interesting to watch, especially right after the sugar-sweet, wholesome and perfect "7th Heaven".
Old 10-07-03, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well, I thought it was pretty obvious that Ephram's tantrums against Madison were a transferrance thing. Madison, being viewed by Ephram as someone who is trying to replace Mom, rather than simply because she was asking him to set the table. She didn't come across to me as that bossy.
Old 10-07-03, 10:28 PM

Originally posted by freedexter
That's what she is going to say? I didn't know that.
Yeah, Entertainment Weekly spilled the beans about it in the Fall TV Preview.
Old 10-08-03, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by hahn
Well, I thought it was pretty obvious that Ephram's tantrums against Madison were a transferrance thing. Madison, being viewed by Ephram as someone who is trying to replace Mom, rather than simply because she was asking him to set the table. She didn't come across to me as that bossy.
So if Ephram hooks up with her, the Freudians will have a hayday.
Old 10-08-03, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Screw Freud, I'd hooked up with Madison!
Old 10-08-03, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by calhoun07
So if Ephram hooks up with her, the Freudians will have a hayday.
Hey, Leia kissed Luke. And they were siblings for REAL!
Old 10-13-03, 08:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Everwood - censored(muted)swear word - yes or no?

did they mute the "S" word or was it just my local station? not that its a big deal, I'm just curious.
Old 10-13-03, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Muted for me. I think they should have let it air as is, but maybe with a disclaimer at the beginning.
Old 10-13-03, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Muted in Chicago.
Old 10-13-03, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Muted in St. Louis.

I really, really like the baby-sitter.
Old 10-13-03, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

shit, they also muted it in San Diego. I'm surprised they would do that, since our affiliate isn't that conversative, but it is owned by the Tribune Broadcasting Company. That might have had something to do with it, since I'm pretty sure it wasn't supposed to be muted.

I still hate Madison. Still annoying.
Old 10-13-03, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Muted it twice in Atlanta.
Old 10-14-03, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Everwood 10/13/03

Episode 2.5

I was a little disappointed that my local WB station decided to just mute Delia's first words of rebellion on tonight's episode, but, hey, no big deal. Now, Efram's reactionary laugh was spot on, though. Hee hee hee.

More pain in the Abbott household as Harold struggles with prescribing Amy anti-depressants because he truly wants Amy to dig out of this hole by the virtue of family strength and support (while prescribing Lanie the anti-depressants after just consulting with her mother).

Delia did set her foot down on Andy seeing Linda romantically, and Linda pretty much squashed Andy's libido like a grape for now. Efram's actually listening to the babysitter, and some fun seems to be headed his way soon...
Old 10-14-03, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You know, I don't see the big deal over having to censor that word. The WB was all proud when they had that abortion episode, and this isn't really more controversial or anything. Lame, WB. Lame.

Ephram's burst of laughter was kind of random, but also a good mood lightener. It was funny.

Emily Van Camp (Amy) did a superb job in being a whiny, misreable teacher. The last dream sequence was pretty eerie, and probably foreshadows a suicide attempt.

Dr. Abbot also was in fine shape tonight. I disagree with his idea that people shouldn't be medicated, especially Amy.

Madison is annoying, and the previews for next week made me yell out in frustration. She's not going anywhere for awhile.

I admit it, I got a misty-eyed at Delia's hero report. I'm such a pansie.
Old 10-14-03, 01:41 AM

Location: Lounging on the beach in L.A., frappucino in hand...
Yeah, I thought Dr. Abbott was going to cave about the medication (he's done the about-face-at-episode's-end before, remember the marijuana storyline?), but I also think they're setting up for a suicide attempt. I thought Amy's logic was spot-on: he's putting his professional/family pride before her health.
Old 10-14-03, 03:20 AM

With the West Wing tanking it big time, this is my new favorite show. Can't wait for next week.

I thought Linda was a little touchy about her Eastern medicine. Certainly she's used to all of the doubters. I would have expected her to react a little more "normal" towards Andy.
Old 10-14-03, 03:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Did anyone NOT have it muted? I'm just wondering if they distributed the episode in full and gave the choice to the affiliate or if the master copy was muted.

On another note, I happened to be flipping by Nip/Tuck on F/X yesterday night and someone woman uttered "[blah, blah, blah]...shit" quite clearly. Has the FCC let up on the usage of "shit" somewhat?

Dr. Green uttering "shit" was the first time I've heard it on a public station.
Old 10-14-03, 03:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Excellent episode. Very much looking forward to next week. The Linda-Andy thing will be interesting especially since it will probably start happening right around the time that Nina is getting over her divorce and will be looking to Andy.

I didn't think that the sequence with Colin was about suicide. I thought it was about moving on with her life. But now that you mention it and I rethought it, I think you're right. It may be foreshadowing future suicidal thoughts or an attempt. Amy may have to fall even further before she can get back up.

The Madison-Ephram thread seems a bit strange to me. Not TOO creepy though, but just because I know the actors are actually somewhat close in age. But what are their ages supposed to be? 16 and 22?
Old 10-14-03, 06:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
I thought last night's was pretty good, too.

Ephram laughing at Delia's "shit" speal was pretty funny and spot on - that's how an older sibling would react if a little brother/sister said that at dinner, imo.

I thought Emily Van Campe did a great job as Amy last night, especially in her rant at her father when she asked to be prescribed anti-depressants. Mrs. Abbot was good, too. And of course Dr. Abbot was terrific. That man makes the best faces, particular when Andy or his sister are around. Linda was a little bit on the defensive side, too. I also like the new and improved Bright.

I know a lot of you don't like Madison, but I enjoy her appearances on the show. She seems to bring a level-head and much-needed reason at times. Next week should be good if she
Spoiler:
goes after Ephram, especially w/ Amy watching

I'll admit it, too - Delia's hero speal had me misty-eyed, too.
Old 10-14-03, 08:18 AM

Actually I think Chicago Hope was the first TV show to say "Shit"
Old 10-14-03, 08:26 AM

Muted in San Antonio... both times... laughed out loud... both times.

Ephram's laugh was classic!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.