DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Heroes "Genesis" 09/25/06 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/478680-heroes-genesis-09-25-06-a.html)

Chew 09-25-06 07:31 AM

Heroes "Genesis" 09/25/06

Spoiler:
In this episode we are introduced to Peter Petrelli, a young man who dreams of flying, and his brother Nathan, a ruthless politician who thinks that Peter is dreaming his life away. Meanwhile, ordinary people from all around the world are starting to suspect that they have abilities beyond those of normal humans. Artist Isaac Mendez believes that he is painting the future, High School cheerleader Claire Bennet is suddenly able to recover from any wound almost instantly, Japanese businessman Hiro Nakamura tries to convince a friend that he can bend space and time, and single mother Niki Sanders starts seeing strange things in mirrors.

Upon learning of his father's death, genetics Professor Mohinder Suresh begins to look into his research for a clue to why he was killed. When he follows his father's trail to New York City, however, he Mohinder learns that someone else is on the trail of the same research. Someone who may kill to protect the secrets of the next step in human evolution.

Being a superhero geek, I was looking most forward to this series when it was first announced. Having said that, I was a bit....bored with the pilot. Hopefully it picks up in future weeks.

Snowmaker 09-25-06 07:35 AM

Damn, you posted just as I was, but my thread errored out when I submitteded it. Probably my most anticipated new show this season.

http://www.nbc.com/NBC_First_Look/images/heroes.jpg
They thought they were like everyone else... until they woke with incredible abilities. In Japan, a lowly office worker can teleport at will. In New York, a struggling artist can paint the future. In Los Angeles, a discontented beat cop can hear the thoughts of others. Elsewhere, a high school cheerleader discovers she is unbreakable and a single mom realizes she has a powerful alter ego. Heroes chronicles the lives of these people and the lives of others like them - whose destiny just might be saving humankind.

Patman 09-25-06 07:41 AM

It wasn't too bad, I'll watch this in real time and time-shift the CBS Monday comedies in this timeslot for now.

Ali Larter's got a smokin' bod these days, too.

LorenzoL 09-25-06 07:43 AM

Finally! The wait is over. I have been looking forward to this show.

Dr. DVD 09-25-06 07:49 AM

This reminds me a lot of the short lived 80s show "Misifits of Science", except set in the 21st century. They have quite an esemble to build stories with, but I don't know if they're ever going to truly form a group. If so, I wonder if they will eventually have to face a team of villains with powers as well?
I read that this show will most likely get a cult following, but we all know that never really helps a show if its on Network. I wonder how long Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Smallville, or Battlestar Galactica (the new one) would have lasted had they gone on network?

Meteu185 09-25-06 08:43 AM

Not expecting much after reading these comments from TV Gal on Zap2It:

""Heroes" (premiering Monday at 9 p.m. on NBC): I know this is so not what you want to hear, but despite a great cast, I really found the pilot quite lackluster. We'll talk more about this show next week. Three stars."

FantasticVSDoom 09-25-06 11:49 AM

Well this is my most anticipated new show of the season...Wow 2 possible shows on Mon. night on NBC.

kvrdave 09-25-06 11:54 AM

I didn't even really want to watch, but then the network told me it was the best show ever, so I will watch.

DVD Josh 09-25-06 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by FantasticVSDoom
Well this is my most anticipated new show of the season...Wow 2 possible shows on Mon. night on NBC.

Good night of TV - Prison Break, Heroes, Studio 60.

Patman 09-25-06 12:01 PM

Well, since our local CBS affiliate is showing the Falcons-Saints game, that's my viewing schedule for tonight.

riley_dude 09-25-06 12:11 PM

I am looking forward to this too!
Hope it is good.

Quake1028 09-25-06 01:53 PM

This is by far my most anticipated show of the year. Cannot wait.

Ayre 09-25-06 02:17 PM

I gotta say ... its not a high energy show. Most scenes are slow to develop and if you don't like dark, slow paced drama, you might not like this.

I liked it, but I like darkness.

eatntae 09-25-06 02:20 PM

I've got 3 extra iTunes download cards for this episode, and they expire on 10/15/2006. The theater gave me a small stack of them when I went last week. I'm not sure what the proper etiquette is for giving out codes like this. I'll email a download code to the first 3 that post an email address requesting one. If that is frowned upon, I'll just edit this post and give the codes out another way.

I thought the episode was pretty good, and I'm really looking forward to next week's episode. I also hope they clear up one thing in particular. I don't know if this really requires a spoiler tag, but I'll use one just in case.
Spoiler:
What the hell is Ali Larter's power supposed to be? Her reflection in the mirror has a life of its own, and she somehow kills 2 guys? How the hell did that happen?

resinrats 09-25-06 02:24 PM

Seems a lot like X-Men.

devilshalo 09-25-06 02:27 PM

Unbreakable the television series... I guess I'll watch a couple episodes.

Ayre 09-25-06 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by devilshalo
Unbreakable the television series

*ding* That's it. Definately not X-Men.

DRG 09-25-06 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by devilshalo
Unbreakable the television series...

That's a plus for me. I'll get more mileage out of a slower character study (provided it stays interesting) than if they jumped into X-men mode immediately.

clckworang 09-25-06 02:55 PM

I thought I would note that my guide shows that the pilot is being shown again tomorrow. I know I have some recording conflicts tonight, so I'm going to record it when it re-airs.

lukewarmwater 09-25-06 03:01 PM

ehhhhh it was okay, more like surface then lost. the cheerleader character annoyed the hell out of me. And unbreakable was way better then this, but Ill keep watching hopefully it will get better.

Deftones 09-25-06 04:06 PM

How is this any different than the 4400? It's basically following the people with powers around, instead of those trying to stop them from using it.

digitalfreaknyc 09-25-06 04:11 PM

I won't be home but it'll definitely be interesting to see how it came out. Like I said...i already saw the pilot in May and loved it.

teddydogg 09-25-06 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by clckworang
I thought I would note that my guide shows that the pilot is being shown again tomorrow. I know I have some recording conflicts tonight, so I'm going to record it when it re-airs.

saw that this is on tomorrow also is it the same episode? I read above but didn't know if it is a 2 parter

Goldberg74 09-25-06 08:41 PM

It's the Japanese "Backstreet Boys" Kareoke guys from Google Video/YouTube!

rotfl

dpz301 09-25-06 09:02 PM

the japanese backstreet boys thing was hilarious. rotfl

i thought the show was pretty good overall. didn't get ali's power, but i guess that will develop over time. she is good looking though :thumbsup:

just need to remember to watch next week. haha.