Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Kidnapped **Series Premiere/Pilot** - 09/20/06

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-06, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I appreciated seeing Dana Delaney as much as any man, but I thought this was very ho hum. I didn't really like the scene at the start that felt like a direct lift from Man on Fire, so that may have soured me on it. I'll probably give it another couple of episodes since I hear Greenwalt is involved, though.
Old 09-21-06, 12:39 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 258 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally Posted by Jimmy James
didn't really like the scene at the start that felt like a direct lift from Man on Fire
That's what I thought of as well
Old 09-21-06, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
I enjoyed it and will keep tuning in. I had hopes that the kidnappings would take place over about a 2 or 3 episode arc rather than a complete season, though. Hopefully they don't let this drag.

What was the name of the last song played?
Old 09-22-06, 06:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
I just watched the pilot episode last night and I enjoyed inmensely even with its "Tony Scott" style flashcuts. This show has a season pass on my DVR or for however long it last. Also, I did not know that Dana Delany was 50 until I read this thread. Damm! She looks amazing.

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
I appreciated seeing Dana Delaney as much as any man, but I thought this was very ho hum. I didn't really like the scene at the start that felt like a direct lift from Man on Fire, so that may have soured me on it. I'll probably give it another couple of episodes since I hear Greenwalt is involved, though.
This is my theory but after seeing the flashcuts near the end of the episode,
Spoiler:
I think that the kidnappers are keeping the son in Mexico City. The flashcut near the end right after they show the image of the son, it shows the shot of a city with "church" looking building and the traffic which is similar to Mexico City. That may also explains why they are speaking Spanish.
Which if I'm right, it might be another similarity with "Man on Fire".

Originally Posted by kvrdave
What was the name of the last song played?
The song is "When I'm Gone" by 3 Doors Down
Old 09-22-06, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Thanks
Old 09-23-06, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I really enjoyed it too. Nice plot, great actors and some action for the 24 type fans. Not sure why more people didnt watch it,
Old 09-24-06, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Just finished watching it and really enjoyed it. I'll definetly be back for a few more episodes.

I'm curious to see how this show will play out over the entire season.
Old 09-25-06, 06:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't think that I have liked Jeremy Sisto in anything I have seen him in, but I did enjoy him in this. Seems like a good match for his type of personality.

What were the differences in the leaked pilot and the episode that aired?
Old 09-25-06, 09:57 AM
Mok

Just watched this last night, wow it was pretty good. I love the acting all around, I do agree it did feel like Man on Fire at points. I just hope the one kidnapping case does not take up the whole season, that would be hard to stretch.
Old 09-27-06, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'll add a "wow". Very impressed.
Old 09-27-06, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Not a bad 2nd episode. The best part of this show is the acting from the group of actors, without getting the feeling that the characters are being underwritten while also pushing the larger kidnapping arc in the same episode while concentrating on the older daughter's kidnap/rescue.
Old 09-27-06, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Lindo and Sisto do a good job and play off each other like they have been doing it for a long time.
Old 09-27-06, 11:35 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

I thought it was another good episode. Hopefully the numbers pick up for it this week or we'll be sweating it out to see if it lasts.
Old 09-28-06, 02:34 AM
Banned

No new thread for episode two?

Anyone think that the agent gunning down gangbanger kidnapper was the contingency plan master kidnapper was referring to?
Old 09-28-06, 03:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Since people are already commenting in this thread for episode 2, I guess I will be another sheep. I was a little bored or distracted at first and was having trouble keeping track of what was going on, but I got into it by the second half of the episode. The end was really good. I'm hoping they spend more time with the kidnappers in Mexico next week.
Old 09-28-06, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Legolas
No new thread for episode two?

Anyone think that the agent gunning down gangbanger kidnapper was the contingency plan master kidnapper was referring to?

Wait, so the master kidnapper knew the police/FBI would shoot him, or that the police officer that shot him is in cahoots (Is that how you really spell that?) with the master kidnapper?

Either way, I really starting to like this show. I found myself choosing to watch this episode on my DVR over Jericho, Heroes and Smith from earlier in the week.
Old 09-28-06, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Umm...okay, I have a question that's bothering me since last night. When this episode started, the words "Day 2" flashed up on screen.

Is it safe to assume that the time line between what's happening back in New York City and what's happening with the kid in Mexico ISN'T the same? I mean, wouldn't it take a whole day for them to get that kid from New York to Mexico? Yet, we saw him during the pilot in Mexico during daylight hours. I'm assuming they had to fly him there in a private plane, and that plane would need to refuel at least ONCE during that trip.

Also, if this was only the kid's second day in captivity, how did he make that hole so fast? With a plastic butter knife, no less!

I'm just going to assume the events with the kid are happening days down the line compared to what we're seeing in NY...otherwise, it's going to drive me crazy.
Old 09-28-06, 11:49 AM

The timeline was bothering me as well. I didn't think they could get the kid down to Mexico that fast.
Old 09-28-06, 12:15 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Also, if this was only the kid's second day in captivity, how did he make that hole so fast? With a plastic butter knife, no less!
The opening was there already, there was something closing it off.
Old 09-28-06, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Originally Posted by MrX
The opening was there already, there was something closing it off.
Ahh..well that would explain a lot. Still, wondering just how long it takes to fly from NY to Mexico in a private plane. Anyone have a lot of travel experience?
Old 09-28-06, 01:54 PM
Banned

^ Jack Bauer drove him to Mexico. Only took 10 minutes.
Old 09-29-06, 06:59 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
This show is edging out Vanished for sure.

I'm glad they aren't playing the Rogue ex FBI v Real FBI card. Good to see them basically working together.
Old 09-29-06, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Ahh..well that would explain a lot. Still, wondering just how long it takes to fly from NY to Mexico in a private plane. Anyone have a lot of travel experience?
Where in Mexico? We had a plant in Chihuahua (the city, but it's in state of same name) 250 miles S of El Paso. When we could get corporate jet, it was 2.5 hours, nonstop from Setroit. In a larger but slower turboprop that carried more people, it was 7 hours counting the fuel stop. A Piper Cub would be slower yet.
Old 09-29-06, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by OldDude
Where in Mexico? We had a plant in Chihuahua (the city, but it's in state of same name) 250 miles S of El Paso. When we could get corporate jet, it was 2.5 hours, nonstop from Setroit. In a larger but slower turboprop that carried more people, it was 7 hours counting the fuel stop. A Piper Cub would be slower yet.
I was thinking it was in northern Mexico as well. Mexico City is too obvious a guess.
Old 09-29-06, 05:53 PM

Encore Presentations?

I thought NBC was going to re-broadcast the first 2 episodes of Kidnapped on Sat 09/30. I had the tivo set up and everything! Now I go to check tomorrow's TV listing and they've changed to a 2 hour Dateline and an SVU. That sucks! We don't watch the Wed 10pm airing because it conflicts with Project Runway. Has any one else noticed this?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.