Reload this Page >

House - Season Premiere 9/5/06

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 09-05-06, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HOUSE IS BACK AT WORK AFTER RECOVERING FROM MULTIPLE GUNSHOT WOUNDS AND TAKES ON TWO CASES SIMULTANEOUSLY -- ONE OF WHICH HE PUSHES TO THE EDGE OF MEDICAL TREATMENT, PROMPTING CUDDY AND THE TEAM TO QUESTION HIS MOTIVES
ON THE SEASON PREMIERE OF "HOUSE"
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 5, ON FOX

Kathleen Quinlan Guest-Stars

Show Airing in 8:00 PM Timeslot for Four Weeks

House has recovered from multiple gunshot wounds and is back at work, taking on two cases simultaneously: Richard, paralyzed after brain cancer surgery eight years ago, who drove himself on his motorized wheelchair headfirst into a swimming pool; and Caren, a young woman paralyzed from the neck down after a yoga session. As House begins to diagnose and treat them, the team notices a distinct change in his attitude toward the patients, and Cameron even catches Richard's wife thanking House for his sensitivity to her husband's situation. House suspects that Richard could possibly walk again, but he has no specific medical proof to back up his hunch and the various treatment avenues he pursues lead nowhere. Cameron and Foreman refuse to indulge House and his theories, which they feel he's pursuing merely to make the case interesting for himself. Cuddy and Wilson also are convinced House is creating a mystery out of Richard's case to cure his own boredom, but he denies it and becomes more frustrated when his theories do not point to a cure for Richard, forcing House to face an unpleasant truth in the "Meaning" episode of HOUSE airing Tuesday, Sept. 5 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (HOU-301) (TV-PG; L) CC-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1 PA: Viewer discretion is advised.

Cast: Hugh Laurie as Dr. Gregory House; Lisa Edelstein as Dr. Lisa Cuddy; Omar Epps as Dr. Eric Foreman; Robert Sean Leonard as Dr. James Wilson; Jennifer Morrison as Dr. Allison Cameron; Jesse Spencer as Dr. Robert Chase.

Guest Cast: Kathleen Quinlan as Arlene; Edward Edwards as Richard; Carter Jenkins as Mark; Clare Kramer as Caren; Terry Rhoads as Artie; Eamon Hunt as Surgeon; Remy Thorne as Kid; Bobbin Bergstrom as Nurse

Not sure if I like Dr. Cameron's new hair style.
Old 09-05-06, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Been looking forward to this
Old 09-05-06, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Looking forward to this as well. I don't watch too many primetime shows. I watch House and Lost, and I've been watching Vanished, and I'll give that other show on tonight with Ron Livingston a try.

Last edited by GradVT06; 09-05-06 at 12:40 PM.
Old 09-05-06, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I like what I saw of Cameron's new hair style. She's a cutie.
Old 09-05-06, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Looking forward to this as well. I don't watch too many primetime shows. I watch House and Lost, and I've been watching Vanished, and I'll give that other show on tonight with Ron Livingston a try.
I gave up on vanished. I watched the first 2 but couldn't get into it. And something tells me the new Ron Livingston show (Standoff) won't do too well.
Old 09-05-06, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yeah for a new season of House! Cant wait to see the new disgusting cases they come up with!!
Old 09-05-06, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 383 Likes on 244 Posts
Shouldn't some of this be spoilered?
Old 09-05-06, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kenbuzz
Shouldn't some of this be spoilered?
Yeah, some people may not want to find out that Cameron has a new hair style ahead of time.
Old 09-05-06, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Yeah, some people may not want to find out that Cameron has a new hair style ahead of time.
...or that there will be disgusting cases!
Old 09-05-06, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've liked Vanished so far and will continue to watch it. But I don't know how well Standoff will do. Glad that the new season of House has begun.
Old 09-05-06, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,019 Likes on 810 Posts
Enjoyed the ep myself. Nice to see some things changed up a bit for the premiere.
Old 09-05-06, 08:16 PM

Okay, great episode but...

It was already established that House had a big piece of leg muscle removed from this thigh. I just can't believe that he should able to run 8 miles and do all the other stuff he was doing with half of his thigh gone. I think he'd be lucky to walk without a cane at best. This was just bad writing.

Also, the previews for next week looked weird. If the series actually ends up going sci-fi / X-files I'm going to stop watching. The writers just don't need to screw with us like that.
Old 09-05-06, 08:25 PM

I thought that this episode was pretty blah. That is until I saw the preview of next weeks. I think that it will then provide some piece that I cant really figure out what it is but know that it is missing somewhere.
Old 09-05-06, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by wageslave
Okay, great episode but...

It was already established that House had a big piece of leg muscle removed from this thigh. I just can't believe that he should able to run 8 miles and do all the other stuff he was doing with half of his thigh gone. I think he'd be lucky to walk without a cane at best. This was just bad writing.

Also, the previews for next week looked weird. If the series actually ends up going sci-fi / X-files I'm going to stop watching. The writers just don't need to screw with us like that.
They've prevewied some pretty weird stuff that turned out to be normal. (The revival preacher episode). I trust they will keep things in the realm of reality.

Except, of course, being able to run 8 miles with some thigh gone.

And a gunman being able to shoot someone in a hospital and evade justice.
Old 09-05-06, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Overall, a good episode - nice to have it back!
Old 09-05-06, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
It was nice to see Jennifer Morrison back on tv.

And it was weird seeing Cuddy laugh constantly throughout the ep.

Anyone else miss the cane?
Old 09-05-06, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I should really starting this show. I'm gonna have to catch up on the first 2 seasons. Good premiere tonight.
Old 09-06-06, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
I like what I saw of Cameron's new hair style.
I thought it was pretty bad.

As for the episode, the pedophile comment was great.
Old 09-06-06, 01:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 219 Likes on 175 Posts
Dammit. I forgot this was on, and slept right through it.
Old 09-06-06, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Enjoyable episode, but I too think it's a little far-fetched that House should be able to jog and skateboard so quickly.

Next week
Spoiler:
At least they're continuing the storyline of the guy in the wheelchair. Obviously House will find out that he was right and nobody told him. The kid levitating and being visited by aliens doesn't worry me, I'm sure it's all a hallucination. At least, I hope it is.
Old 09-06-06, 08:33 AM

Thought Cameron's hairstyle made her look like a girl scout. Cant believe that after 8 years of being a vegetable, they gave that guy a shot, he stands up, and they let him leave the hospital? Some of the medical stuff didnt hold true for me, but that said...I MISSED THS SHOW..and think the writing is the best on TV. Thought Hugh Laurie's performance was really good last night. This is a great show and I'm looking forward to the whole season.
Old 09-06-06, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

That was a pretty underwhelming premiere. Laurie and Edelstein almost sold it with some really good acting, but other than that, I'll agree with Gasspasser's "blah" assessment.

das
Old 09-06-06, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
So what has happened with last year's cuddy's storyline about trying to get preggo?
Old 09-06-06, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I think I'm still lagged from the weekend, but I wasn't as captivated with the season opener either, but I'll have to watch it again and pay closer attention. It was weird seeing Clare Kramer as the yoga lady patient since I just saw her in person a few days ago at Dragon*Con.
Old 09-06-06, 10:04 AM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts
can anyone explain how House was just going on "hunches" instead of "evidence" or whatever everyone else kept saying? I mean, aren't all the tests based on medical possibilities? I dunno, maybe I have to be a doctor to get it. but I'm guessing most of the people who watch this show aren't doctors, so......

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.