Reload this Page >

Psych - *Season Finale* - 08/25/06

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 08-28-06, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

No thread, doesn't anyone watch this great show?

This episode was the weakest one so far, unfortunately. Shawn & Gus go to a comic book convention to find a missing teenager.

The chief finally has her baby, with Lassiter by her side. Funny line at the end when she mentioned that she's coming back to work soon and Shawn told her to take more time off and come back "in January". Just like the show.

Although I like the show so far, I really could do without the scenes of near child abuse that begin each episode.
Old 08-28-06, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I liked this episode, although the mystery wasn't much of a mystery. I liked the January line, and I also liked how the female detective got to sing with Shawn and Gus at the end of the show.
Old 08-28-06, 10:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like this show. Plus it's the only thing good on tv on Friday night besides Monk before it.
Old 08-28-06, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I am not sure if I will keep watching the show when it comes back in January. It is ok, but I am pretty "meh" on it. It's ok for a summer show but I wonder if I will have time to watch it when it is up against all the other shows.
Old 08-28-06, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

All the other shows? On a Friday night? I love Psych and was surpised to find out that it's going on break until January... I've got to say, I see the logic in half seasons, but with some shows, it's really starting to piss me off...I'd much prefer just a straight run of all the eps. I'll definitely be back in January though because James Roday and Dule Hill kick serious ass... James is hilarious and Sean is easily one of the funniest characters on TV.

MATT
Old 08-28-06, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Jadzia
I am not sure if I will keep watching the show when it comes back in January. It is ok, but I am pretty "meh" on it. It's ok for a summer show but I wonder if I will have time to watch it when it is up against all the other shows.
That's pretty much how I feel. I gave up on it after three episodes- it's enjoyable enough, but I wasn't finding myself making time for it.
Old 08-28-06, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mdc3000
All the other shows? On a Friday night?
I Tivo everything and never watch shows in their time-slot. In fact, I can gauge how much I enjoy a show by how long it sits in my Tivo unwatched and Psych usually didn't get watched until after most of the other summer shows I am watching (which isn't that many). That is why I am wondering if I will have time for it at all in the regular season.
Old 08-29-06, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,025 Posts
We really enjoyed the run of episodes. Sean is consistently funny, the show is pretty light and airy but my wife and I enjoy it.

And it doesn't matter to us how long things sit on the Tivo. Every show will go into hiatus at some point so we'll have plenty of time to see the things we want to see.
Old 08-29-06, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
This show is entertaining. Loved the "January" line too..