DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   I can't believe how much good TV is on tonight within the same 2 hr block (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/473789-i-cant-believe-how-much-good-tv-tonight-within-same-2-hr-block.html)

j123vt_99 08-06-06 09:12 PM

I can't believe how much good TV is on tonight within the same 2 hr block

My DVR is going to be working overtime:

NFL Preseason
Celebrity Fit Club
Flavor of Love
Entourage
Lucky Louie
Tourgasm
Reno 911
Mind of Mencia
The Girls Next Door

Feel free to make fun of my choices, but those are some good programs all on basically at the same time

LordofWar 08-06-06 09:18 PM

What no deadwood?

Case01 08-06-06 09:19 PM

Well I easily managed only watching the girls next door and reno 911. All right.

nazz 08-06-06 10:59 PM

My night was simple. Jeremiah Johnson on HDNet Movies and Deadwood.

TimeandTide 08-06-06 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by nazz
My night was simple. Jeremiah Johnson on HDNet Movies and Deadwood.

Ditto. Caught Big Brother: All Stars and my DVR'd Jackie Brown.

Big Boy Laroux 08-06-06 11:53 PM

no venture brothers?

j123vt_99 08-07-06 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by LordofWar
What no deadwood?

I want to start watching deadwood, but feel like i'm late to the party. I need to get the DVDs

DRG 08-08-06 10:31 AM

Most of those shows are repeated throughout the week.

tonyc3742 08-08-06 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by DRG
Most of those shows are repeated throughout the week.

Not "repeated"; they're "encore presentations". "Repeats" or "reruns" are the things we don't like, in summer, eight months after the original playdate. "Encore presentations" are the ones we're supposed to like, three days after the original playdate.

DRG 08-08-06 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by dtcarson
Not "repeated"; they're "encore presentations". "Repeats" or "reruns" are the things we don't like, in summer, eight months after the original playdate. "Encore presentations" are the ones we're supposed to like, three days after the original playdate.

Or using the WB's "Fresh Episode" teminology, you could say they are "Day Old Episodes". :)

j123vt_99 08-08-06 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by DRG
Or using the WB's "Fresh Episode" teminology, you could say they are "Day Old Episodes". :)

or NBCs "It's new to you"

GuruTwo 08-09-06 12:51 AM

Am I the only one appalled by the OP's definition of unbelievably good TV?

movielib 08-09-06 06:48 AM

I've never even heard of more than half of those shows. I've never watched any of the others (with the exception of the NFL, of course).

Michael Corvin 08-09-06 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by GuruTwo

That's what I was thinking. I'm more concerned with Thursdays this fall. Earl/Office, C.S.I. & Grey's Anatomy all vying for the 9 pm hour. :eek:

tonyc3742 08-09-06 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by GuruTwo

I didn't say anything about that, I thought it might be considered a threadcrap. But yes : ) But in his defense, there's very little current TV being shown I give a crap about.

day old - I hate leftovers :(

Sticky Bomb 08-09-06 08:33 AM

Oh yeah you forgot Deadwood. Also you should try to catch Brotherhood on Showtime. That show is great and at only 4 or 5 episodes in, its not too much trouble to catch up.

j123vt_99 08-09-06 08:46 AM

I'll take my bashing.. I enjoy crappy tv. I have no interest in those high brow shows like West Wing, CSI, or any hour long show. There is nothing I enjoy more than getting home from work and watching stupid people or funny shows.

sven 08-09-06 09:58 AM

You certainly do enjoy crappy TV. Mind of Mencia and Tourgasm are two of the worse shows ever created and Lucky Louie isnt much better. Simple television for simple people.

j123vt_99 08-09-06 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by sven
You certainly do enjoy crappy TV. Mind of Mencia and Tourgasm are two of the worse shows ever created and Lucky Louie isnt much better. Simple television for simple people.

ouch.. and I see Ace Ventura, Billy Madison, Dead Man on Campus, Dumb and Dumber, Emmanuelle 2, Killer Klowns from Outer Space , Joe Dirt, etc in your dvd collection... that's some complex stuff

oh.. and WWF... good stuff

Michael Corvin 08-09-06 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by j123vt_99
I'll take my bashing.. I enjoy crappy tv. I have no interest in those high brow shows like West Wing, CSI, or any hour long show. There is nothing I enjoy more than getting home from work and watching stupid people or funny shows.

There's nothing wrong with that. :shrug:

GoldenJCJ 08-09-06 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by j123vt_99
ouch.. and I see Ace Ventura, Billy Madison, Dead Man on Campus, Dumb and Dumber, Emmanuelle 2, Killer Klowns from Outer Space , Joe Dirt, etc in your dvd collection... that's some complex stuff

oh.. and WWF... good stuff

ZING!!!!!