Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Psych - Series Premiere - 7/7/06 - USA Network

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-06, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GatorDeb
There's a commercial with the lead arguing with someone else that he (the other guy) was born with his powers and it was easier, and then the other guy said the lead of Psych had it easier, then you hear Monk counting corn bits on the next table and they say to each other (not to Monk) it could be worse. Hey they're picking on Monk!
That would be Anthony Michael Hall, star of Dead Zone. I think the series of commercials that USA has had with stars of their shows interracting have been great (love the Dead Zone / WWE Raw one).

As for Psyche, I really enjoyed the show, but I can't see them stretching the concept out over more than one season without running out of steam.
Old 07-11-06, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

ratings are in..quite good... http://www.thefutoncritic.com/pr.aspx?id=20060711usa01
Old 07-11-06, 08:11 PM

I liked it and added it to the season pass.
Old 07-11-06, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I liked the show a lot. It's the perfect show for summer. Funny and fluffy.

Does anyone know if USA puts their spots on their website any where? I've seen the Johnny Smith/ Triple H and Psych (with cheetos)/Monk ones, but would like to check out the others if they're online anywhere.
Old 07-12-06, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It was good but I think the lead character will become a bit annoying over time.
Old 07-15-06, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just watched the 2nd episode, I didn't like it anywhere near as much as the first one.
Also, I actually really liked the female detective from the first episode. Well, it appears she is replaced by someone else now and for the rest of the show. Saw a note on tv.com that the original female detective tested negatively with a test audience and was replaced, or something like that. I just find something kind of off about her and much preferred the original choice.
Old 07-15-06, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I saw this too and really enjoyed it. Will be sticking with it.
Old 07-15-06, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Even with plot holes big enough to jump through, me and the wife rather enjoyed it. It really feels like a dead zone rip-off though....
Old 07-16-06, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by riley_dude
It was good but I think the lead character will become a bit annoying over time.
An hour.

There appears to be one joke with this show. "Ohhh, I am seeing something ...".

Monk lite.
Old 07-16-06, 11:46 AM
Video Game Talk Editor

Originally Posted by Jeraden
Just watched the 2nd episode, I didn't like it anywhere near as much as the first one.
Also, I actually really liked the female detective from the first episode. Well, it appears she is replaced by someone else now and for the rest of the show. Saw a note on tv.com that the original female detective tested negatively with a test audience and was replaced, or something like that. I just find something kind of off about her and much preferred the original choice.
I'd have to agree with the test audience. She was the one thing that didn't fit. She was a bit too frumpy and her relationship with the male detective seemed wierd. The new chick looks five years younger and more of a possibilty for romantic interest with Shawn.

I thought the second episode was actually better than the first. The setup seemed more creative this time around.
Old 07-16-06, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts
Liked the second episode. I liked the first blond better, this one seems kind of ditzy.

I've enjoyed the two Monk ones less than the Psych ones, but Monk is Monk, so Monk Rules All
Old 07-16-06, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I enjoyed it a lot, although it makes the cops look like total dumb asses, but I'm not sure how they could make it work for more than a season.
Old 07-17-06, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by DeputyDave
I enjoyed it a lot, although it makes the cops look like total dumb asses, but I'm not sure how they could make it work for more than a season.
I think for it to work for more than one season they will eventually have to back down on the psychic angle more than a little bit. Its a funny gag for now but I can't see it lasting. If everyone is let on to him faking it other than the ass detective and the chief it may work quite well.