DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Deadwood- "Full Faith and Credit" 7/2/06 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/470582-deadwood-full-faith-credit-7-2-06-a.html)

Turd Ferguson 07-02-06 09:01 PM

Deadwood- "Full Faith and Credit" 7/2/06

Pretty good episode. Looks like the shit is about to hit the fan.

aktick 07-02-06 09:07 PM

God I love Ian McShane!

That scene in Hearst's room was great. Al is obviously scared shitless of Hearst - the way he stood with the wall to his back, he wouldn't look Hearst in the eyes.

I don't think Daugherty is going to be around much longer, unfortunately. I hope he gets the best of that creepy Captain, but my money is on the Captain if they go at it.

Turd Ferguson 07-02-06 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by aktick
Al is obviously scared shitless of Hearst - the way he stood with the wall to his back, he wouldn't look Hearst in the eyes.

Al respects Hearst's power, but he fears no man.

aktick 07-02-06 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson

I'd like to think that, too, but I'm not so sure after his mannerisms at the meeting.

Michael Ballack 07-02-06 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson

He's so scared, he can't get a hard on. There's always someone more bad out there and Al has met his.

Roto 07-02-06 11:56 PM

This was my favorite episode in a long time. Probably since the first season. Great stuff with Swearengen and Bullock. Bullock dealing with Steve was just cracking me up.

spainlinx0 07-03-06 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Ballack
He's so scared, he can't get a hard on. There's always someone more bad out there and Al has met his.

Obviously being held down reminded him of being orphaned by his mother which is what the last scene is about. He hadn't dealt with that, and now being hit with it it might be a little distracting.

lukewarmwater 07-03-06 01:59 AM

I hope the show doesnt stay historically acurate with regards to hearst. I want al to get some payback.

Red Dog 07-03-06 08:09 AM

There are few things funnier on television than Al philosophying/strategizing while getting a BJ. :lol:

Turd Ferguson 07-03-06 08:48 AM

I was somewhat dissapointed that Richardson was only included in one background shot.

Cusm 07-03-06 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by aktick
I don't think Daugherty is going to be around much longer, unfortunately. I hope he gets the best of that creepy Captain, but my money is on the Captain if they go at it.

I think the exact opposite. I think the Captain is about to depart Deadwood.
AFAIK the Captain is not that important historically and this would give us some of Hearst's blood to avenge Al.

aktick 07-03-06 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Cusm
I think the exact opposite. I think the Captain is about to depart Deadwood.
AFAIK the Captain is not that important historically and this would give us some of Hearst's blood to avenge Al.

:fc:

bunkaroo 07-04-06 12:49 AM

Possible spoiler...

Spoiler:
Given the actor that plays Dougherty was pretty pissed about not getting to come back for a 4th season, I'd guess that means he lives through the fight.

thematahara 07-05-06 01:55 AM

It's a damn shame that this show is being cancelled. The actors are really hitting their stride, and the dialogue is amazing. Pure poetry. Ian McShane deserves 10 emmy's for his performance. That last scene was acting at its finest.

Baron Of Hell 07-05-06 03:48 AM

Nobody likes to be held down. And it looks like someone doesn't want to be held down by marriage.

Turd Ferguson 07-05-06 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
Possible spoiler...

Spoiler:
Given the actor that plays Dougherty was pretty pissed about not getting to come back for a 4th season, I'd guess that means he lives through the fight.

Damn good point.

Nefarious 07-05-06 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
Nobody likes to be held down. And it looks like someone doesn't want to be held down by marriage.

Spoiler:
I assume you are referring to Mrs. Ellsworth. I got the same feeling but I'm asking myself wtf she would do that loser for. My other guess was that it was smack related. That dude used to be heavy into it and we've not been given any major indication he's cleaned up.

I feel sorry for Ellsworth given that he is trying to do right by her in a lot of ways when he didn't have to.

slop101 07-05-06 02:53 PM

Yeah, she's not "doing" that guy - he's just her hook-up for more smack.

bunkaroo 07-06-06 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by slop101
Yeah, she's not "doing" that guy - he's just her hook-up for more smack.

I must have missed this. It was obvious she didn't want to be there, but I never caught what her motive was.

B.A. 07-06-06 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Red Dog
There are few things funnier on television than Al philosophying/strategizing while getting a BJ. :lol:

2x in one ep had me laughing my ass off, too.

Where are they going to put the stage?

CheapBastid 07-06-06 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
I must have missed this. It was obvious she didn't want to be there, but I never caught what her motive was.

Deductive reasoning. Ms. Ellsworth is quite bitchy, but she's intelligent and good looking. Leon is not too bright, not too charming, not too attractive. The only thing they have in common is a need for drugs.

Their first scene together at the bank confused me, but as soon as she saw him through the window and visibly brightened that evening it clicked, even before she stated her intention to 'take in the night air'.

cleaver 07-06-06 10:09 PM

Holy shit Dan is Warren from There's Something About Mary!!! I had no idea!

DeputyDave 07-07-06 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by cleaver
Holy shit Dan is Warren from There's Something About Mary!!! I had no idea!

Damn! I can'r believe i never saw that before. Wow, I don't know if I can look at Dan the same way again.

Is it set in stone that this is the last season?

slop101 07-07-06 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by DeputyDave
Damn! I can'r believe i never saw that before. Wow, I don't know if I can look at Dan the same way again.

If the Capitain gets near his ears, Dan's gonna beat him senseless, yelling "franks & beans!"

Originally Posted by DeputyDave
Is it set in stone that this is the last season?

They might do some sort of movie/mini-series to wrap things up, but yeah, this is the last actual season - Milch has moved on too.

david12 07-07-06 01:24 AM

Dan was also the first customer to go inside Malkovich in Being John Malkovich. "That wasn't my first choice, but he will do...I just want to be skinny." Clean cut with some glasses. Doesn't even look like the badass we know.