DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Worst new summer TV show (trash them as you see them) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/469647-worst-new-summer-tv-show-trash-them-you-see-them.html)

Jadzia 06-22-06 11:00 PM

Worst new summer TV show (trash them as you see them)

Ok, I was pretty sure that "Tuesday Night Book Club" was the worst new show I have seen this summer. It might be the worst TV show I have ever seen. (CBS has already yanked it after 2 airings.)

But I am halfway through "Master of Champions" and it is giving it a run for its money.

They grated cheese with racecars. I repeat, they grated CHEESE WITH RACECARS. Not only that, but the host first warns the audience that "this has never been done before." Gee, you think?

So, what new shows have you watched that suck?

das Monkey 06-22-06 11:54 PM

Yeah, <i>Master of Champions</i> was crap. Who's the idiot who thought Oksana Baiul would make a good "judge"? An hour show with only 4 separate events. What a waste.

das

Patman 06-23-06 12:32 AM

Hell's Kitchen is a bit one-note-ish, boring to me.

So You Think You Can Dance lacks star power.

The 4400 is plodding along with no truly charismatic character stepping up to carry the burden of making it truly interesting viewing.

illini420 06-23-06 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by das Monkey
Yeah, <i>Master of Champions</i> was crap. Who's the idiot who thought Oksana Baiul would make a good "judge"? An hour show with only 4 separate events. What a waste.

das

I didn't think tv could get worse than it has become, but come on, grating cheese with your car? And that was their opening act? Serioiusly.

However, I thought Oksana Baiul was the best part of the show. I mean when they cut to the judges and they showed her yawning, that was awesome! Also, when she was just staring with a grumpy look on her face while the other judges were smiling and clapping to the contestants' performances, priceless.

Charlie Goose 06-23-06 02:05 AM

Lucky Louie is an abomination.

Not exactly a new show since it has a limited run, but I just couldn't sit through Gameshow Marathon for more than a few minutes per viewing.

Count Dooku 06-23-06 03:25 AM

Quit on SAVED about 20 minutes into the first episode.

Quit on HEX about halfway through the second episode.

LUCKY LOUIE is a little painful to get through.

I haven't watched any of the summer reality shows. I watch reruns of HOUSE.

Red Dog 06-23-06 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
Lucky Louie is an abomination.

That's my pick.

Goldberg74 06-23-06 07:51 AM

America's Got Talent... where? :down:

Ayre 06-23-06 09:43 AM

Gave up on Windfall.

I gotta say ... Saved is great. Second episode was much better than first. I am surprised others haven't picked up on this show.

DVD Josh 06-23-06 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
America's Got Talent... where? :down:

Horrible. I actually fell asleep.

DRG 06-23-06 04:47 PM

I didn't even make it past the intro for Master of Champions. Once they explained what was going to be on the show I thought, "Do I *really* need to give this a shot?"

Worst thing I actually sat all the way through was Dane Cook's Tourgasm. The stand-up portions are too short, and the off-the-stage stuff is annoying, like a watered-down Viva La Bam (a show I absolutely hate).