Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone want to talk about the BRITNEY SPEARS interview on TODAY and DATELINE?

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Anyone want to talk about the BRITNEY SPEARS interview on TODAY and DATELINE?

Old 06-16-06, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bboisvert
You can't create a UPN "reality" show about your life one year, .
I'm surprised more hasn't been made of the deleted scenes from the "Chaotic" DVD, especially one where Britney (looking completely wasted) talks about how she thinks time travel is real, like in "Back to the Future" and worries that other people are currently doing it, leaving them behind.

There's a few other bizarre deleted clips, as well, including Britney yelling "scrotum!" at a random passerby and another where she's worrying about missing out on life (which in her words are, "Life...like things....and things going on. And I feel like I'm behind....or somethin.") Oh, or the one where she's yelling at Kevin to stop looking through the viewfinder - which she calls a "peephole" - while he's filming her. There's others, as well, but those are a good sampling.

Last edited by dvdmovie1; 06-16-06 at 09:35 AM.
Old 06-16-06, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Shots of her plump thighs as she sits with her legs crossed.

Fuck all the Haters!!! I sitll love you Britney!!!

I checked that out too. Oddly I find her more attractive a bit "fuller."
Old 06-16-06, 09:43 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"Uncka Hank!!!"
Old 06-16-06, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Do you not see the irony in that?

Look, I too believe that sometimes the media (and the celebrity-hungry public) takes it too far. But the celebs use it and benefit from it too.

You can bet that the next time Brit has a album, tour, single, whatever... she'll be intentionally in front of the cameras just begging for coverage. You can't create a UPN "reality" show about your life one year, and then the next year bitch because people are poking into your life. It don't work that way.
Amen to that brother. Count me as one who has zero sympathy for this dumb broad. She got exactly what she begged for (and gleefully profited from), and now we're supposed to feel sorry for her? Please.
Old 06-16-06, 09:57 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

As Gene Wilder's Frederick FrankenSTEEN would say ... 'What Knockers!' ...

My prediction (not much of a stretch) : After divorcing Imbecile #2 (She's #1), she'll crash diet, french kiss that other moron Lindsay Lohan on MTV, and her career will be magically revived. Don't forget, all those white trash mid-westerners and southerners love this chick.

Also : HEY LAUER! What's with those sockless loafers, you putz? That's almost as bad as Brittney's gum chewing.
Old 06-16-06, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Britney who?

Just do Playboy after you have this baby, and then no one will care about you anymore.
Old 06-16-06, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Do you not see the irony in that?

Look, I too believe that sometimes the media (and the celebrity-hungry public) takes it too far. But the celebs use it and benefit from it too.

You can bet that the next time Brit has a album, tour, single, whatever... she'll be intentionally in front of the cameras just begging for coverage. You can't create a UPN "reality" show about your life one year, and then the next year bitch because people are poking into your life. It don't work that way.
EXACTLY.

Reminds me of that scene in Soapdish where Sally Field (a "famous" soap opera star) is down in the dumps, so her publicist, Whoopi Goldberg, decides to bring her to a mall where she just happens to "notice" (loudly) that famous soap opera star Sally Field is riding the escalator with her, and her adoring public starts flocking around her telling her how great she is and asking for autographs..

In other words, they like publicity when it suits them..

though, I still don't get what the big deal about her tripping in the street was...

Also...they actually dedicated the entire hour to Brit?

Last edited by Rogue588; 06-16-06 at 01:50 PM.
Old 06-16-06, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Rogue588

Also...they actually dedicated the entire hour to Brit?
Yes.
Old 06-16-06, 01:45 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

Originally Posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
I kept thinking the same thing when she used those quote fingers.
Old 06-16-06, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks BDB, I think this image needs to be more visible

She could feed the population of Namibia.
Old 06-16-06, 07:40 PM

I think there's a difference between using the media for your benefit and having your privacy invaded.

I have and always will love Britney. From the day ...Baby One More Time premiered on TRL, I was an instant fan.
Old 06-16-06, 07:51 PM

The one thing I love about Britney is that she never brings up or brags about her past success. In the interview, she didn't prephase her child being the happiest moment of her life by speaking of her millions of albums sold. There are many "famous" people that think that they are the most successful and hottest commodity out there; not Britney, she may not have the biggest vocabulary, but at least she's doesn't pretend to be something she isn't. To me, she's always been real.
Old 06-16-06, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)

Originally Posted by JacksModernLife
I think there's a difference between using the media for your benefit and having your privacy invaded.
You're right. There is. Shame neither of the latest incidents have involved having her privacy invaded..
Old 06-16-06, 08:19 PM

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
I like Britney too but this was another giant step backward. It has never been so obvious that she is a young 24 year old girl who is uneducated and naive compared to most girls her age yet wildly jaded and cynical from the lifestyle her 100 million dollars have allowed her to lead. I mean, who at 24 can decide to write off Madonna? I wish they had gotten some soundbites from her mother but obviously Britney's Mom hasn't been calling the shots since the quickie wedding in Vegas.

She obviously wants so badly to be able to live 'country' like she is still in smalltown Louisiana and yet isn't willing to give up what she has to go back to that life. I was disappointed Lauer didn't push it further when they started talking about the compromise celebs make with their public life in order to be famous and have a gazillion dollars.

He pushes her to tears over the scrutiny she has gotten for being caught looking like a bad mom and then gets her to admit, she loves the money and big 'resort' house she lives in, etc.

Maybe they figured the contradiction would be so obvious we would all just get it but for once Id like to see someone call these rich m-f'ers out out. This is the deal you have made with the devil. The press will hound you until you self–destruct or die like Princess Diana and that is why you are famous and have the power you do. Deal with it! If you don't like it, then fade into obscurity, go into rehab or go bankrupt and live a sad little normal life like the rest of us. She's not the first we will see like this or the last...In another five years Dakota Fanning will be sitting in that chair...
Old 06-16-06, 08:32 PM

You're right. There is. Shame neither of the latest incidents have involved having her privacy invaded..
You wouldn't feel that your privacy was invaded if 20 photographers were snapping your picture as you were walking into starbucks?
Old 06-16-06, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Uhh...no.

If I were sunbathing with my big, juicy preggo boobies hangin out in my back yard...or if there was a telescopic lens aimed directly at my bedroom as I was bent over doggystyle making a cast of myself while I was preggers?...Yes.

In a perfect world, a "celebrity" would be able to shop amongst us and do "normal" things. However, this is far from a perfect world.

I remember back in the early 90's when I worked at an arcade, Michael Bolton stopped in one night (this was during the 12 minutes he was hot). Everyone and their cousin was fawning over him and making a big deal that he was breathing the same air that they were. Judging by his attitude, he wasn't too appreciative. My girlfriend at the time, was going gaga and wanted me to introduce her to him. I walked over..."Hi Mr. Bolton, this is my girlfriend who loves your music and just wanted to say "Hi". Need some tokens?" He said "Hi" to her, "No" to me and I walked away, leaving her there fawning.

Perhaps there needs to be more people like myself who just don't give a shit? Instead, we get celebrities who bitch about being a celebrity.
Old 06-17-06, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

If I were sunbathing with my big, juicy preggo boobies hangin out in my back yard...

YOU have big juicy boobies?!

Moving to Mature
Old 06-17-06, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
I remember back in the early 90's when I worked at an arcade, Michael Bolton stopped in one night (this was during the 12 minutes he was hot). Everyone and their cousin was fawning over him and making a big deal that he was breathing the same air that they were. Judging by his attitude, he wasn't too appreciative. My girlfriend at the time, was going gaga and wanted me to introduce her to him. I walked over..."Hi Mr. Bolton, this is my girlfriend who loves your music and just wanted to say "Hi". Need some tokens?" He said "Hi" to her, "No" to me and I walked away, leaving her there fawning.

Perhaps there needs to be more people like myself who just don't give a shit? Instead, we get celebrities who bitch about being a celebrity.
I remember back in highschool a friend worked at a Warehouse Music (actually at the time it was Sound Warehouse) and his store was doing a big New Kids on the Block win a date promo that week. He was working stocking cds when a guy comes up and ask where his album is. My friend looks at him and honestly asks who he is and what album. The guy goes balistic on him and his manager. Evidently one of the New Kids was a little pissed at not being fawned over or recognized by my friend.
Old 06-17-06, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Cusm
I remember back in highschool a friend worked at a Warehouse Music (actually at the time it was Sound Warehouse) and his store was doing a big New Kids on the Block win a date promo that week. He was working stocking cds when a guy comes up and ask where his album is. My friend looks at him and honestly asks who he is and what album. The guy goes balistic on him and his manager. Evidently one of the New Kids was a little pissed at not being fawned over or recognized by my friend.
I think I just shed a tear, that was beautiful...
Old 06-17-06, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: (formerly known as Inglenook Hampendick) Fairbanks, Alaska!
Received 286 Likes on 200 Posts
Originally Posted by bluesix
...In another five years Dakota Fanning will be sitting in that chair...
In Tom Cruise's lap.
Old 06-18-06, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My wife and I turned the station when she said "I sat on my dad's laptop when I was a kid". Drive with a kid on your lap is an easy way to kill your kid.

Car seats have caused death to go down over the past 20 years, parents will die now and the kids will stay alive sitting in their car seat that is in the middle of the back seat, not on mom's lap while she is driving!