Reload this Page >

Korgoth of Barbaria Pilot on Adult Swim

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 06-06-06, 06:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anybody else see the pilot? (I think it's waiting to hear if it'll be picked up for a series, it's just one episode so far)

Easily the most violent television program I've watched in a long time. I loved it.

It's like Conan the Barbarian mixed with a whole lot of Heavy Metal by way of Ralph Bakshi and a smattering of humor.

If that sounds interesting to you, it'll be replayed Thursday 06-08 at 11PM and Friday 06-09 at 2:30AM. Both of those should be CST, you might want to check your own listings for the time.

Last edited by Chew; 06-06-06 at 02:51 PM.
Old 06-06-06, 06:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Chew

How dare you steal bandwitdh!!!

Anyway, the promos just didn't get me all that interested. Like a barbarian samurai jack, only, not as well done.
Old 06-06-06, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I missed the promos for this, but saw it listed in the guide, so I Tivo'd it.

So, I really didn't have any preconceptions as to what it would be like, but I really didn't think it was that great. I didn't think the animation or story were anything special. Yeah, it may be more gory than most cartoons, but that won't get it very far.
Old 06-06-06, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was hoping for something more like Thundarr or Baltar done in the style of The Venture Bros. This wasn't it.
Old 06-06-06, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,390 Likes on 1,021 Posts
While not excellent, I saw a lot of room for potential. Esp the self-referential stuff like the thug-squad leader rolling dice to see who's turn it was. While the gore could get old after a while, it was nice to see battles that weren't sugarcoated like Samurai Jack's.

My wife and I both LOL'd at a couple of bits, I hope to see more.
Old 06-06-06, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Hmmm. That image I initially posted looked perfectly fine from work, it wasn't until I got home and saw the huge-ass "I steal bandwidth" that I had any idea what Josh was talking about.
Old 06-06-06, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I liked it and hope it gets picked up, because with the exception of Robot Chicken and the Boondocks, all of AS's new shows have been pretty crappy.
Old 06-07-06, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Its got potential. They did the same thing with Venture Brothers. Only producing one episode to see the reaction before deciding whether to put in an order for a full season.

Originally Posted by MrBob
I liked it and hope it gets picked up, because with the exception of Robot Chicken and the Boondocks, all of AS's new shows have been pretty crappy.
No love for Squidbillies?! Still cant believe that "Tom goes to the Mayor" got picked up for a second season.
Old 06-07-06, 03:46 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It was pretty boring.
Old 06-07-06, 04:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
I liked it well enough. It had that wizards feel to it or something out of heavy metal magazine. All the guys are ugly and all girls are big breasted and sexy. Ultra violent just for the sake of being violent. Weakest point was story, there wasn't much of one. It doesn't seem like they will be doing serious episodes which might have been nice change of pace for this type of show.