Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Dish Network HD Question - History Channel?

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 06-04-06, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 237 Likes on 149 Posts

I'm looking at abandoning my 1970's quality cable company for Dish Network, and will definitely be getting the HD package. In looking at the SD channels included, it seems that some basic staples of cable/satellite aren't included.

The one that bothers me the most is the History Channel. On the Dish Network website, it lists History Channel International as being included, but not the regular History Channel. Other places show it as carrying the regular History Channel.

Can someone confirm which History Channel is carried? I know whichever one carried will be SD, but i greatly prefer the original over the international version. Also, any comments regarding the quality of the HD channels are greatly appreciated.
Old 06-04-06, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
I can't comment on the History Channel situation. I can tell you, though, that Dish HD is better than DirecTV's right now. More choices and better quality. DirecTV has (essentially) what constitutes HD Lite. They aren't passing along full signal/bandwith to the channels, so you don't get the best PQ. From what I read, Dish does.

You may want to go to www.avsforum.com and ask your questions. Might be more people knowledgeable with the answer.
Old 06-05-06, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I get both History Channel and History Channel International on the DishHD Gold package, if that answers your question.