Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

the Sopranos -- "Kaisha" -- Mid-Season Finale -- 06.04.2006

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: After tonight's episode, what do you think of this mini-season...?
Excellent. One of the best, if not THE best.
4.17%
Pretty good.
48.61%
Poor.
34.03%
Terrible. Why am I still watching this?
11.11%
Not enough whacking. Well, not really...but I just like saying "whacking".
2.08%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

the Sopranos -- "Kaisha" -- Mid-Season Finale -- 06.04.2006

Old 06-05-06, 12:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I knew it!

I wonder if they will fix it for repeats?
Old 06-05-06, 12:51 AM

You could tell she was thinking back to when they met, nothing seemed out of the ordinary to me.
Old 06-05-06, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by MFRONE
You could tell she was thinking back to when they met, nothing seemed out of the ordinary to me.
Same here, was just a flashback.
Old 06-05-06, 02:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Nefarious
Didn't Paulie have a goomah that was of a different ethnicity? The episodes around where Christopher had been shot and told Paulie in the hospital that he'd seen them both in Hell. Paulie wakes up all freaked out at the chicks house and she's got kids and everything.
Yeah, he sure did. She was played by Judy Reyes, aka Carla on Scrubs.
Old 06-05-06, 05:30 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
YAWN!!!!!!

Wow, the last 5 episodes were just plain boring and uneventful. As I have said before, the acting is still great, the writing is still great, and the humor is still funny, but I believe David Chase has run out of storylines.

There is no reason to have a 12 episode buildup for the final 8 episodes next year, there was nothing in there to make you say, "I can't wait for January!!!!"

The last 3 years have been pure setup for the final 8 episodes, which I think will be really interesting (I hope), and they will be the plotline David Chase has always wanted to go with since he started doing extra seasons for more money.

Chase should have stuck with his original plan of a 4 season story arc for the show, because the last 3 seasons have been lackluster, and it seems he is holding everything off for the final 8 episodes.

And by the way Mr. Chase, if I wanted to watch a whole show of Julianna Marguilas, I would buy the early seasons of ER on DVD.

What ever happened to Uncle Junior? The man hasn't had good screentime since Season 3. His one-liners were the best on that show.
Old 06-05-06, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by coli
What ever happened to Uncle Junior? The man hasn't had good screentime since Season 3. His one-liners were the best on that show.
I told my wife the same thing after his scene. He always delivered some of the best lines every season. My all-time favorite is when he's on his dementia walk and encounters the African-American lady on the bench and asks her if they had "relations".

As for the Christopher black goomah. He knew who he was seeing but used the African-American line as an excuse of why he hadn't brought her around. That was deemed an understandable/acceptable reason. We are then privy to the fact that it is Julianna and later still on how they met.
Old 06-05-06, 06:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i am sorry but is it me or is Johnny Sacks crew look like a bunch of side show freeks... i mean wow... that guy trying to push Soprano around in the hospital looks like the Hunchback of Notre Dame...

Soprano's boys are much better looking..
Old 06-05-06, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

When comparing this Mid season finale to the Shield's this one left me filling empty and unsatisfied, whereas the Shields left me feeling the whole gambit of emotions from shock to anger to saddness, to eggerness for the next season.

However it is hard to really rate this episode until we are able to watch the last 8 episodes. Hell it might turn out that this was the perfect bridge between seasons. But I must say that so far my overall feeling is that of a giant letdown.

Biggest gripes for this season and the series for the last few seasons was the serious underusage and devaluing of what was IMO the 2 most entertaing characters of the early seasons Paulie and Jr. It is a crime what Chase has done to those characters.

Also I hope somehow Johhny Cakes wanders down to NJ so that he will get a brutal whacking. Man that guy annoyed the fuck out of me.
Old 06-05-06, 07:49 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Decent episode. Lackluster season finale.
Old 06-05-06, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This season started off really well, and just sunk...Not awful, but average. And I could care less about whackings or whatever, I just dont want to be bored, and thats what happened with the last few episodes here.
Old 06-05-06, 08:14 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by 1998Nole
This deep undercover idea bothers me it reminds me too much of
Spoiler:
Jack Bauer's heroin addiction he got while trying to infiltrate the Salazars.
(tagged just to be safe)
It doesn't do much good to spoilerize something unless you tell people what you're spoilerizing (Season 3 of 24, in this case).

Speaking of spoilers, remember that AICN "scoop" from a few months ago that Finn would get raped by Vito?
Old 06-05-06, 08:18 AM

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts
I'm still watching, but with the revolving door of different writers/driectors each week, it seems impossible to have a good, compelling, ongoing storyline each episode. Instead we get in depth character examinations while well acted, don't satisfy (me at least) as a good story.

Why can't they have the same writer and director for a 3-4 episode story-arc?

Thos.
Old 06-05-06, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
The various writers/directors has been the case from Episode 1. David Chase is involved regardless, though, to make sure that is follows what he has mapped out overall.
Old 06-05-06, 08:51 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts
this ep was obviously filmed without the final 8 in mind. it was horrible and so anti-Sopranos. i was so disappointed. this was not a good episode and even a worse season ender!
Old 06-05-06, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,879 Posts
Needed more nudity. You had Julianna Margulies and Dania Ramirez (she was on Buffy season seven as a potential, no?) getting fucked nine ways to Sunday in every other scene, and not a single shot of tit, ass, or bush?

C'mon, this is HBO. When that dude from Beverly Hills 90210 was on Oz he did a scene with his cock out flopping around.
Old 06-05-06, 09:18 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Dania Ramirez (she was on Buffy season seven as a potential, no?)
And also in X-Men: The Last Stand as Callisto.
Old 06-05-06, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
I agree with most every post here. I was incredibly disappointed. Call it what you want (my Tivo called it the "Season Finale," and I respect my Tivo's opinions), but with SEVEN MONTHS before the next episode, I expected more--SOMETHING to keep me wanting the next ep., but instead I just don't care that much.

MAYBE Carmella will catch on and do something; MAYBE the new goomah is undercover; MAYBE there will be a mob war--too many maybe and not enough real storyline progression.

Good acting, still better than most regular TV, etc. etc., but overall a real disappointing season...
Old 06-05-06, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by coli
And by the way Mr. Chase, if I wanted to watch a whole show of Julianna Marguilas, I would buy the early seasons of ER on DVD.

I thought the same thing everytime she was onscreen. I am not one of the season haters here, but all the Chris crap this episode sucked ass. I am so sick of Chris and his addiction crap.
Old 06-05-06, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
At least she is Catholic.
Old 06-05-06, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

the mention of the Juliana/Fed thing got me thinking...

i don't think she's working for the feds so much, but what if she was sent in by NY to take down chris, via an overdose??

think about it - it's a way for NY to take down one of NJ's top guys with clean hands. a juliana-influenced christopher overdose would look like it's his own fault, when in fact it was Phil & co. that took him down..

thoughts?
Old 06-05-06, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Originally Posted by BigDaddy
At least she is Catholic.
That was my favorite line.
Old 06-05-06, 10:05 AM
Mok

Damn that stunk! I wanted an SUV to drive through the living room shooting up the whole place. Now that would have been an awesome ending.
Old 06-05-06, 10:06 AM

Received 164 Likes on 120 Posts
Originally Posted by Mok
Damn that stunk! I wanted an SUV to drive through the living room shooting up the whole place. Now that would have been an awesome ending.
Sure it would, if this were The A-Team.
Old 06-05-06, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i died laughing when phil said he would try to take a shit.
Old 06-05-06, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
There were so many promising storylines, and in end (no pun intended) all we got was "Brokeback Jersey".

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.