Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

House **Season Finale** - 05/23/06

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-06, 05:25 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
I thought he asked for Ketamine.. Special-K for house.
Old 05-25-06, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
I thought he asked for Ketamine.. Special-K for house.

Yes thats the one. You can use drugs for other purposes besides getting high

I thought it was odd but kinda interesting.

The previews for this made it look like a standard FOX ad, "look at all the stuff that happens here!!"

And I was thinking to myself all the clips theyre showing is enough to last the whole season!!

So then they reveal these were possibilities for a whole season.

My tape cut off after the end credits. What did they show for previews of next season?

I dont know if i would like it more if it was clear to be a hallucination or not. House was essentially diagnosing the whole situation in advance as he was being wheeled around.
Old 05-26-06, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I pretty much figured it was a hallucination when they wheeled in the shooter next to House with no guard, no restraints...and then LET him taunt him verbally.

So in the end. House got shot in the gut and neck, bleeding out horribly, and in the 2-5 minutes it took to get a stretcher and wheel him up to ER House played this episode in his head.

Tongue guy was real, and had a swollen tongue, but after House got shot we don't know what happened to the poor guy. I hope his eye and ball didn't a'splode.
Old 05-26-06, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

We also don't why house was shot. I guess house really did tell the shooters wife that he was cheating on her since this seems to be in houses subconscious, but did she really kill herself? Since it was all in houses head we don't know for sure why the shooter shot him.
Old 05-28-06, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thought it was a very interesting cliffhanger and wonder how this will play out over the start of the fall season.
Old 05-29-06, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
House season finale's are the best episodes on network TV.

INTERESTING- The entire episode was in House's head, SO HOUSE HIMSELF decided that he wasnt properly healing his patients because he was mentally destroying them, and HE HIMSELF decided that his leg pain was causing his biting bitterness...

so House risks losing his mental ability in order to cure his leg, because he's so obsessed with CURING people, that if he cant cure them physically AND NOW sooth them mentally, he'd rather do NOTHING.

Thats basically one of the most astounding 180's in TV history
I totally agree with this.....what I found most fascinating about this episode is that in the reality at the end of the episode, he asked for the ketamine. It's as if he has decided he would rather chance losing his brilliance if it meant his pain would be gone.
Old 05-29-06, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by magiccmom
Does that mean he had a revelation about all he hallucinated about and decided that he would rather be pain free in the end?
that's exactly how I interpreted it. Didn't see this post before my response above.
Old 05-30-06, 10:46 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by DGibFen
I think what just, uh, exploded may have been worse.
both of those scenes were just about the most vile things I've seen in implied form on network television, ewwwwwww.