DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Twenty Four (24) *Season Finale* -- "Day 5: 5:00 AM - 7:00 AM" -- 05/22/06 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/466302-twenty-four-24-%2Aseason-finale%2A-day-5-5-00-am-7-00-am-05-22-06-a.html)

Anubis2005X 05-26-06 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by riley_dude
Did they actually kill the FLOTUS's aid? She just disappeared.

Well, you never actually see what happens. However, Henderson freakin' shoots the EMS guy. I doubt he has any qualms about killing another person who is witness to the audio tape... In other words, I highly doubt he would've just left w/o tying up loose ends.

Rogue588 05-26-06 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by Anubis2005X
Well, you never actually see what happens. However, Henderson freakin' shoots the EMS guy. I doubt he has any qualms about killing another person who is witness to the audio tape... In other words, I highly doubt he would've just left w/o tying up loose ends.

From post number 15

Oh, and in one of the NY newspapers yesterday (the Post, I think), the producers were hyping the finale (of course), but they also stated that the chick (the one who was Martha's "handler" with the recording and the kid), her fate was intentionally left ambiguous.

Bandoman 05-26-06 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by riley_dude
This from TV guide...

Howard shared no details, noting, "I just started writing the first [episode] this morning" — meaning only two or three main characters have been killed thus far.

rotfl :up:

Don't forget the mole!

Doughboy 05-26-06 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Anubis2005X

He probably killed the aide. But he didn't really need to kill her daughter. She didn't know anything about the recording. Yeah, she could ID Henderson for the authorities, but so could any number of people at CTU.

But the hell with the aide and her daughter. We still haven't learned the status of Keeler. Is he in a coma still? Dead? A cripple? At least Behrooz had 2 different resolutions filmed before they were cut.

The Antipodean 05-26-06 04:56 PM

What were Behrooz's resolutions?

Cartload 05-26-06 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Sierra Disc
What were Behrooz's resolutions?

I don't know that the second resolution was, but they had a cut scene on the season 4 dvd set where Curtis rescues Behrooz just as Marwan's thugs are about to execute him. Behrooz asks Curtis if his Mom is dead, Curtis tell him yes and a sobbing Behrooz is taken into custody.

PacMan2006 05-26-06 07:18 PM

FOX told the producers that they couldn't technically kill the President on TV. They just didn't want to be part of it. So that was the reason for the coma. I would assume he's dead though.

runner001 05-26-06 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by PacMan2006
FOX told the producers that they couldn't technically kill the President on TV. They just didn't want to be part of it. So that was the reason for the coma. I would assume he's dead though.

source?

PacMan2006 05-26-06 07:43 PM

^^I don't remember, but it was common knowledge. It was reported sometime after season four ended. I'm sure you could google it and find a link.

But anyways...anyone at all think Logan should have gotten away with it all (the producer on the 24 podcast stated he wrote a script for just this)? Although you want to see the bad guys get theirs in the end...in real life, bad guys get away with doing bad things. And I think it could have been an interesting story heading into next season.

Cardiff Giant11 05-27-06 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by vegasbaby
First off ... I thought the first half of the season was superb!

I really think they ran out of steam by the 20th episode.

Seems like the Logan/Jack confrontation could have been something spectacular ... instead I thought it ended up pretty lame.

The erased recording was the final straw of lameness.

Also, how does a guy named Morris O'Brien end up with a british accent???

Me thinks the writers and producers ran out of gas 5 episodes ago ....

Agreed, this season started out good but started to go down hill around the time of the big revelation about Logan. The finale did nothing for me either as I pretty much assumed it was the Chinese coming after him (and I didn't even watch last season but it was referenced enough during the early episodes of this season). I gave it a shot but I think I'll be skipping next season.

Doughboy 05-27-06 12:42 PM

^^I don't remember, but it was common knowledge. It was reported sometime after season four ended. I'm sure you could google it and find a link.

But anyways...anyone at all think Logan should have gotten away with it all (the producer on the 24 podcast stated he wrote a script for just this)? Although you want to see the bad guys get theirs in the end...in real life, bad guys get away with doing bad things. And I think it could have been an interesting story heading into next season.

In a way, Logan did get away with it. He lost the Presidency, but he's probably not going to jail. Funny how the writers and Gregory Itzin claimed Logan wasn't based on Nixon in any way, yet the actor looks like the dude and suffers the same fate. Hmm.

ravan 05-28-06 12:59 AM

Just saw the ending..

The POTUS and FLOTUS deserve some kind of emmy's for their acting.. As much as Prez Charles annoyed me, the acting was superb throughout.

Great season - top 2 favorite.

another great moment (actualy may have been ep21 ? just saw last 4 back to back.. When charles is in the basement and mike novak tells him that there is a problem w/ the last centox cannister.. "What?!?' Priceless..

would have loved to see seas 6 in china :(

Chauzer 05-28-06 02:31 PM

lol @ logan's running slap:

http://roflamethrower.com/uploader/u...aps_martha.gif

Chauzer 05-28-06 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by HN
Shot of the night!
http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/3...40018219iu.jpg

as for the ending:

when i saw the chinese agent, i thought:
-no way! he couldn't be, could he?

when jack said "I'll be right back", i thought:
-they're kidding, right? go against the grain of those 4 words?

when jack said "i'll be right back" AGAIN, i thought:

-:wave: see ya on season one of http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/9228/248tk.gif

http://roflamethrower.com/uploader/uploads/logan.gif

:D

garmonbozia 05-29-06 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by sauce07
The Chinese dude said it did not matter cause the guard would still be alive if Bauer had not broken in

actually had Bauer not broken in, they would have never found Marwan in time, and a nuclear bomb would have destroyed all of LA, including everyone at the Chinese consulate..... so many more Chinese would be dead than just the one.

The Bus 05-30-06 09:56 AM

lthough you want to see the bad guys get theirs in the end...in real life, bad guys get away with doing bad things.

The bad guys are the bluetooth gang and the'yre doing AOK.

GatorDeb 01-08-07 05:30 PM

Just finished S5 (have seen S1-5 in the past 2 months... whew).

1. Am I the only one that hated season 1? My order of preference is 5>4>3>2>1. Just keeps getting better and better. According to the leaked S6 eps, it will be even better in S6. Teri was annoying as all hell. I remember watching her being shot a long time ago but couldn't find it again in the S1 DVDs... was this shown at all? And I loved Edgar! Sad to see him go. And Kim is another HasToDie character, along with her douchebag boyfriend.
2. Am I the only one that likes Karen? Reminds me of another favorite, Glenn Close.
3. Since the marine saw Jack kill an UNARMED man, wouldn't he say something at some point and wouldn't Jack have to face murder charges?

Based on other threads, it seems Itzin's mannerisms (the thing with the mouth, the thing with the hands, the thing with the head, the thing with the eyesbrows, etc.) are acting, which for me means he is AWESOME.

rennervision 01-08-07 06:15 PM

I have one big question about Season 5. Was it ever explained what David Palmer knew, and what he was trying to warn the First Lady about?

HE Pennypacker 01-08-07 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by rennervision
I have one big question about Season 5. Was it ever explained what David Palmer knew, and what he was trying to warn the First Lady about?

Palmer knew about Walt Cummings' "smoking gun" plan regarding supplying the terrorists with nerve gas (although Cummings never intended for the terrorists to actually have access to it). It seems Cummings found out that Palmer knew and had him eliminated. Michelle, Tony, & Chloe were targeted simply to implicate Jack and take pressure off of possible investigations as to the real reason Palmer was eliminated.

At least I believe that is correct, someone correct me if I'm wrong.