DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Scrubs - 05/16/06 **Back-to-Back Episodes, including the Season Finale** (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/465650-scrubs-05-16-06-%2A%2Aback-back-episodes-including-season-finale%2A%2A.html)

B.A. 05-16-06 02:06 PM

Scrubs - 05/16/06 **Back-to-Back Episodes, including the Season Finale**

"My Urologist" Episode #523.
Spoiler:
J.D. challenges a patient assessment from a urologist (Elizabeth Banks); Elliot considers breaking up with Keith because he is too weak.

Cast: Zach Braff, Sarah Chalke, Donald Faison, John C. McGinley, Judy Reyes, Ken Jenkins, Neil Flynn.
Producer(s): Bill Lawrence.

Original Airdate: May 16, 2006.

"My Transition" Episode #524.
Spoiler:
Elliot gets in the way as J.D. tries to plan the perfect date with Dr. Briggs (Elizabeth Banks); Dr. Cox and Jordan celebrate a milestone in their son's life.

Cast: Zach Braff, Sarah Chalke, Donald Faison, John C. McGinley, Judy Reyes, Ken Jenkins, Neil Flynn.
Producer(s): Bill Lawrence.

Original Airdate: May 16, 2006.

Scrubs

Interesting - according to NBC's website, the second ep is in High-Definition. Must be some sort of goof - unless that is what the ep title is refering to.

:D

Kal-El 05-16-06 03:24 PM

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but is this the only season where JD and Elliott didn't sleep with each other? I thought that was an annual thing?

BDLOU 05-16-06 05:49 PM

That's false advertisement to me. This is really the 2nd to last episode and a normal 30 min season finale. It would be awesome if they had a full hour story arc. I always thought this show could be an hour long.

B.A. 05-16-06 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by BDLOU
That's false advertisement to me. This is really the 2nd to last episode and a normal 30 min season finale. It would be awesome if they had a full hour story arc. I always thought this show could be an hour long.

It is one hour of new Scrubs, who cares whether it involves two eps or one long one? :hscratch:

Spoiler:
There is one continuing storyline throughout both eps, involving the gorgeous Elizabeth Banks.

BDLOU 05-16-06 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by B.A.
It is one hour of new Scrubs, who cares whether it involves two eps or one long one? :hscratch:

Spoiler:
There is one continuing storyline throughout both eps, involving the gorgeous Elizabeth Banks.

It's still two seperate stand alone episodes. The 2nd one being the season finale. If it's an hour long season finale then why are they showing the credits twice? Why two names for the 1 hour season finale?

FatTony 05-16-06 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by BDLOU
It's still two seperate stand alone episodes. The 2nd one being the season finale. If it's an hour long season finale then why are they showing the credits twice? Why two names for the 1 hour season finale?

:violin:

-ohbfrank-

B.A. 05-16-06 08:02 PM

Oh, Glorious Day - Gift-Shop Girl!

:banana:

kenny79 05-16-06 08:07 PM

Great LOTR reference.

I've only started watching the show regularly this season, but this episode's modified theme song opening shows why it has such devoted viewers -- it's evident how much they enjoy making the show for their fans.

invisiblegt 05-16-06 08:25 PM

Lisa... How I've missed thee.

Meteu185 05-16-06 08:30 PM

Hd!!!!! Hd!!!!!! Thank God For Scrubs In Hd!!!!!

B.A. 05-16-06 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Meteu185
Hd!!!!! Hd!!!!!! Thank God For Scrubs In Hd!!!!!

So it really happened?

Too bad I'm watching on the Walkman at work. That fucking figures. :mad:

Meteu185 05-16-06 08:40 PM

Yep, I've never been so happy to have a show in HD.

TabascoKid 05-16-06 08:43 PM

Scrubs renewed and in HD....and fantastic reference to the deck....LIFE IS GOOD, ladies and gentlemen.

DGibFen 05-16-06 08:45 PM

That bareback horseriding scene was perfect. Biggest laugh of the night so far.

B.A. 05-16-06 08:56 PM

:lol: Now that's a cliffhanger!

MFRONE 05-16-06 08:59 PM

I did not expect that one

silentbob007 05-16-06 09:09 PM

OK ... the thing with Dr. Cox and Jordan was predictable, but the other ... whew. I was wondering what would go wrong, as the season would never end with three happy couples .....

MrX 05-16-06 10:12 PM

Gift Shop Girl:up:

crymaxing:lol:

Boot 05-16-06 10:30 PM

The Dr. Acula clips were awesome. Loved Turk as a vampire.

The Todd: "I think I felt it move!"

tenaciousdave 05-16-06 10:32 PM

I'm so used to watching HD that I didn't even notice that the 2nd episode was in HD until this thread.

It's about damn time!

cornflakeguy 05-16-06 11:25 PM

Oh man I noticed right off the bat it was HD, because my Scrubs viewing experience is usually not as good as say Lost or 24.

I was so surprised. I mean, the last episode of the season? I guess they are warming us up for next season.

My NBC DT on Comcast DVR was screwed up, though. I didn't go 30 seconds in the whole hour without a scrambling of some sort.

Rogue588 05-16-06 11:40 PM

:hscratch: Am I the only one that sees **Back-to-Back Episodes, including the Season Finale** in the thread title?

maingon 05-16-06 11:49 PM

excellent episodes, Loved the opening credits, when she fixes the x-ray, loved the horse back riding scene, best laugh of the night, Dr. Acula was great especially turk, quite a shocker wonder whats going to happen. Season 5 was probably my favorite season so far.

FatTony 05-17-06 12:46 AM

great end to a great season of a great show!

just great!

tenaciousdave 05-17-06 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by cornflakeguy
Oh man I noticed right off the bat it was HD, because my Scrubs viewing experience is usually not as good as say Lost or 24.

I was so surprised. I mean, the last episode of the season? I guess they are warming us up for next season.

My NBC DT on Comcast DVR was screwed up, though. I didn't go 30 seconds in the whole hour without a scrambling of some sort.

I was having the exact same scrambling problem.

I thought "Wow, Comcast sucks all over" and then I noticed your location.