Reload this Page >

Jimmy Kimmel 5/15 - Snake Bite episode

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 05-16-06, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 19 Likes on 3 Posts

So I was watching the show last night and they had an animal handler guest (typical for late night talk shows) & they bring out this crate which supposedly had a deadly snake and they had a clamp on it. Suddenly, the snake strikes across the table and bites Jimmy on the hand. The audience gasps, he cusses up a storm and starts sweating, the crew had a genuine look of concern on their faces. They bring in EMTs and he is brought out to the ambulance as the audience applauds. Seems very real.

However, they conveniently had cameras on the hallway and in the waiting ambulance; they even showed him being wheeled into the hospital room. Then Kimmel proceeds to host the show from his hospital bed (with his band playing beside him) and his guests are in hospital attire. Musical guest performs too in a bed beside him in hospital attire. Also, in one of the commercials, there is a rubber snake in a crate saying "Jimmy Kimmel will be right back". So obviously the snake bite bit was a fake.

So anyhow I'm just wondering if anyone other than me thought the snake bite initially was real. Also, does anyone have a link to the video (if there are any online?).
Old 05-16-06, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jimmy sat in on Howard Stern's show all morning yesterday, and spoilered this stunt. I didn't get to see it, but it sounded funny as hell. He said the Stage Manager broke out into tears, which really freaked the audience out.