DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Scary News about Everwood (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/465566-scary-news-about-everwood.html)

critterdvd 05-15-06 08:26 PM

Everwood Officiallly Dead

It is reported that 'everwood' is not returning next year

http://community.tvguide.com/forum.j...umID=700000049

I really want to know whats going on with 'the cw'.... :(

Autotelik 05-15-06 08:51 PM

OK. That just ruined my day, and possibly the entire week as well.

ChrisHicks 05-15-06 09:13 PM

The CW is turning out to be my most hated network and they aren't even going yet. :mad:

clckworang 05-15-06 09:49 PM

I wish I could say that I am shocked at this annoucement, but I'm really not. I had pretty sure accepted the fact that this show probably wouldn't be returning. I just hope that it will get a fitting finale.

innocentfreak 05-15-06 10:45 PM

Wow I may be able to deactivate at least one of my Tivos this year at this rate.

Nick Martin 05-15-06 11:38 PM

No damn comment.

critterdvd 05-15-06 11:51 PM

This just doesn't make sense to me anymore, and I wish that The WB had just been left alone... 'Everwood,' 'One Tree Hill,' and 'Veronica Mars' would all of had continued for years if the network hadn't been fucked around... not to mention Amy Sherman Palladino might still be around

I wish I could say that I am shocked at this annoucement, but I'm really not. I had pretty sure accepted the fact that this show probably wouldn't be returning. I just hope that it will get a fitting finale.
I really hope that I don't have to say the same thing about 'one tree hill' come thursday

calhoun07 05-16-06 01:12 AM

I can't say I am surprised either. And, as others have said, I also hope that we get an actual finale, and not some cliffhanger. However, since it seems the season finale is already filmed, I am doubting it will wrap everything up.

I also wonder if this damages any shred of a chance we will see the rest of this series on DVD in the future? I know it wasn't looking all that bright to begin with, and this certainly can't help.

Daniel-A 05-16-06 02:00 AM

Any word on the rest of the CW/WB line up? I'm still crossing my fingers for One Tree Hill.

LorenzoL 05-16-06 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by Daniel-A
Any word on the rest of the CW/WB line up? I'm still crossing my fingers for One Tree Hill.

You have to wait until Thursday 05/18/06 when CW will announce their Fall lineup.

Daniel-A 05-16-06 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
You have to wait until Thursday 05/18/06 when CW will announce their Fall lineup.

Shouldn't be hard. Looks like the only thing still airing new is Everwood.

critterdvd 05-16-06 02:47 AM

also hope that we get an actual finale, and not some cliffhanger. However, since it seems the season finale is already filmed, I am doubting it will wrap everything up.
The Producers said that they filmed two endings to 'foreverwood' (the last episode of the season): one that would be a cliffhanger (which they would air if they are on the cw schedule) and one that would 'provide a fitting ending' (if the cw doesn't pick them up)... Everwood was actually in a really good situation being able to do this, every other WB show finished too early in the month

Jimmy James 05-16-06 03:07 AM

If Everwood ever makes it out to DVD (past season 1), I hope we get to see the ending that isn't aired. Since it looks like that will be the cliffhanger, I also hope they give us a sense about what the resolution would have been.

Jimmy James 05-16-06 04:09 PM

Ausiello is now reporting on his "blog" that very reliable sources indicate Everwood is dead.

Morf 05-16-06 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Daniel-A

The Wikipedia has had a list of confirmed/likely renewals for some time now:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CW_Tele...cially_renewed

(One Tree Hill is listed under "likely renewals")

Red Dog 05-16-06 04:27 PM

Sorry about Everwood - didn't watch it, but I know it had a good following here.

That being said, great news on OTH.

sq240 05-16-06 05:06 PM

They are considering bringing back 7th Heaven but killing Everwood... Mother f*******.... Everwood is one of the best damn shows on TV.

I like OTH, but there is no contest between OTH and Everwood. I don't suppose there is any chance someone else would pick up Everwood?

I can't say that I am surprised, but I am still frickin pissed.

Superman07 05-17-06 07:04 AM

I really can't say how sad I am by this. I watched probably the first 8 episodes of OTH and found it rather interesting (in place of Dawson's), but then for whatever reason didn't continue with it. Seeing the previews over the years let me say I'm glad I dropped it. I don't think I could even compare it to a WB's OC...

Really upset by this. I am glad to hear that they filmed two versions of the finale.

I'm really too upset to be angry.

Ayre 05-17-06 07:21 AM

I can only hope that Berlanti does well with Touchstone.

We could see a show as good as (or better) come out of the move.

Everwood and Jack & Bobby were very good shows. Everwood was great out of the gate and weakened more each season.

The cast of Everwood and Jack & Bobby were both superb and the real shame is that Tom Amandes didn't win an Emmy for his work on Everwood.

mdc3000 05-17-06 10:07 AM

Wow... I hated One Tree Hill before, but now I absolutely LOATHE this show for taking Everwood's place... I couldn't believe it when it won the E! Save One Show contest... For Shame.

MATT

ChrisHicks 05-17-06 10:08 AM

between Everwood and OTH, which show had better ratings?

Superman07 05-17-06 10:26 AM

My understanding is Everwood.

Must be to "old" of a crowd.

Jadzia 05-17-06 10:32 AM

I hever never watched One Tree Hill, but that is some bullshit if they get rid of one of the most acclaimed series on TV for another show that didn't evenhave that great ratings.

I don't undertand why they don't renew it and just play it during the midseason, like this season it was on hiatus for 4 months while they showed other stuff.

Patman 05-17-06 10:32 AM

Didn't 7th Heaven take Everwood's spot in the lineup, even thought 7th Heaven got 6 months of "series finale" countdown?

Doughboy 05-17-06 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by mdc3000
Wow... I hated One Tree Hill before, but now I absolutely LOATHE this show for taking Everwood's place... I couldn't believe it when it won the E! Save One Show contest... For Shame.

MATT

Don't blame One Tree Hill. At least that ended with a massive cliffhanger that warranted another season. 7th Heaven had a 10-year run, was costing the WB a lot of jack, and had a freaking SERIES finale, yet the CW is still bringing the show back. THAT'S the one you should loathe if Everwood does indeed get the ax.