Scary News about Everwood

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Scary News about Everwood

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-06, 10:50 AM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts
I saw this coming, but still sad to hear. OTH and 7th Heaven are some of the worst family shows on television.

Edit: OTH is one of the lamest shows ever.

Last edited by Brack; 05-17-06 at 01:47 PM.
Old 05-17-06, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Brack
I saw this coming, but still sad to hear. OTH and 7th Heaven are some of the worst family shows on television.
OTH isn't meant to be a family show. It is a teen drama like everything on the WB aside from 7th Heaven.
Old 05-17-06, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm no fan of OTH, but I think the blame is misplaced on that show. CW clearly wasn't satisfied with Everwood as their family drama, so they brought one back from the dead. It's CW's fault first and 7th Heaven's fault second.
Old 05-17-06, 11:39 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Unfortunately, Everwood's ratings weren't that great when it wasn't preceded by a new 7th Heaven or Smallville. On Monday it was 19th out of 19 shows in both the overall ratings and in the 18-49 category. Even the 7th Heaven repeat beat it. This was probably the final nail in the coffin.

I think what hurt it the most is that a lot of adults who might have loved the show had written it off as just another WB teen show.

This is probably the saddest cancellation of the season for me, even moreso than Arrested Development because I had been expecting that one all along. At least we have four hours of Everwood left.
Old 05-17-06, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DRG
Unfortunately, Everwood's ratings weren't that great when it wasn't preceded by a new 7th Heaven or Smallville. On Monday it was 19th out of 19 shows in both the overall ratings and in the 18-49 category. Even the 7th Heaven repeat beat it. This was probably the final nail in the coffin.
It certainly didn't help how the WB jerked Everwood around this year. They pulled it for months and brought it back with little fanfare. I know the ratings were never the best, though.
Old 05-17-06, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Didn't 7th Heaven take Everwood's spot in the lineup, even thought 7th Heaven got 6 months of "series finale" countdown?
Yes, that seems to be the popular opinion. For a long time there people where expecting either 'one tree hill' or 'everwood' to be picked up with two new drama pilots, but when it leaked that CW wasn't thrilled with most of their pilots, many people began to believe that OTH and EW would both be on the lineup (and probably on the same night), but then the 7th HEAVEN shocker came out and it threw EVERWOOD out the window.

between Everwood and OTH, which show had better ratings?
Everwood averaged about 500,000 more viewers than OTH, but OTH didn't have a major leadin for most of the season, and EW had 2 of the WB's most popular series as a Leadin (7TH HEAVEN & SMALLVILLE)... Also, the OTH season finale beat EW Season Best, and market research has proven that OTH's fans are 'more loyal' (which means OTH will probably have a crappy time slot, in the hopes that CW might still be near the ratings map)...
Old 05-17-06, 12:56 PM

OTH fans are also dumber, but yeah, whatever, I don't have to watch it.

I only wish CW luck because of Gilmore Girls and Veronica Mars.
Old 05-17-06, 12:59 PM

I still hate OTH for the cancellation of Angel.
Old 05-17-06, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

OTH fans are also dumber, but yeah, whatever, I don't have to watch it.

I only wish CW luck because of Gilmore Girls and Veronica Mars.
I still hate OTH for the cancellation of Angel.
You're an idiot.
1. Saying anyone who enjoys a certain anything is dumb, is simply ignorant.
2. Blaming Angel's cancelation on OTH instead of the crapload of drama surrounding the production and lacklustre ratings is completely mental.
Old 05-17-06, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Blaming Angel's cancelation on OTH instead of the crapload of drama surrounding the production and lacklustre ratings is completely mental.
you also forgot to mention that "Blue Colar TV" was greenlite the week after 'Angel' was cancelled, and when it was picked up, it got the exact same budget as 'Angel'...

And If I'm not mistaken Angel was Cancelled in 2004, and OTH premiered in 2003...

AND WHERE DO YOU GET THAT 'ONE TREE HILL' is only for stupid people? I mean yes it is a teen drama, but is also a really well written one, and a very thought pervoking one. Everyweek in my Dorm, me and my friend get together and watch the episode and then discuss the episode (which starts with 'No she didn't" and always eventually goes into the themes of the show)... It's very thought pervoking when you get into it, and thats why I supported it over 'EVERWOOD'
Old 05-17-06, 01:50 PM

OTH replaced Angel's timeslot, and didn't do any better. It's actually done worse.
Old 05-17-06, 01:54 PM

btw, it's thought provoking.

and I watched it for a while, giving it a chance, but realized these are the dumbest teens on the face of the planet. and it's not much fun from what I remember it. maybe it's gotten better in the last two years, but I doubt it.

and get some thicker skin, critter.
Old 05-17-06, 02:48 PM

everwood's one of the best shows on tv
Old 05-17-06, 03:08 PM
dek
DVD Talk Legend

Location: On the road to reclaiming Lord Stanleys Cup, Turlock CA
Everwood, West Wing, Love Monkey....damn good shows and my Tivo list just got smaller