DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   How I Met Your Mother *Season Finale* - "Come On" - 5/15 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/465507-how-i-met-your-mother-%2Aseason-finale%2A-come-5-15-a.html)

MrX 05-15-06 11:48 AM

How I Met Your Mother *Season Finale* - "Come On" - 5/15

"Come On"
Spoiler:
Ted makes a final attempt to win Robin's heart; Marshall and Lily's relationship is in jeopardy

wergo 05-15-06 12:52 PM

This aired last night here in Canada.

I won't give anything away (not that it's not predictable, of course) except to say that Amy Acker is still cute as hell and Aly is even more droolworthy than usual.

It's a must-see for Buffy/Angel fans, but I'm still not convinced the show's worth watching on its own merits.

Jadzia 05-15-06 02:30 PM

Will this be delayed?

wergo 05-15-06 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Jadzia
Will this be delayed?

It's probably pretty safe to assume that everything will be delayed tonight.

Dr. Henry Jones, Jr. 05-15-06 03:40 PM

i think shows are airing in their entirety, so expect a delay

LorenzoL 05-15-06 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by wergo
This aired last night here in Canada.

I won't give anything away (not that it's not predictable, of course) except to say that Amy Acker is still cute as hell...

Amy Acker looked amazing in this episode compared to when she's on Alias.

movieking 05-15-06 06:10 PM

I didn't think that she looked THAT great. I am starting to warm up on Alyson. Never
thought much of her before, but I really am starting to come around...

I liked the episode. Not as good as some of the more recent ones, but pretty good.

aktick 05-15-06 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Jadzia
Will this be delayed?

My Tivo guide said "no," but it is...so record an extra half hour!

OldDude 05-15-06 07:25 PM

CBS covered speech and is running full lineup, roughly 20 minutes late.
Not clear why they couldn't have told us earlier.

RoyalTea 05-15-06 07:51 PM

tropical storm willy - hitting in may?

what kind of screwed up hurricane season would have to happen for them to get to the W's in MAY?!?

DGibFen 05-15-06 08:05 PM

Hey, it's Fred and Wes!!

wergo 05-15-06 08:19 PM

So, how'd everyone like the Red Lobster commercial right in the middle of the episode? -rolleyes-

Me? I can think of LOTS of bad things to say about melted butter......

greydt 05-15-06 08:19 PM

Nice ending - anyone know the song they used towards the end?

DGibFen 05-15-06 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by greydt
Nice ending - anyone know the song they used towards the end?

Not sure of the song title, but the band was Bloc Party.

Cardiff Giant11 05-15-06 08:53 PM

Hmm some thoughts.. Older Ted doesn't say to the kids that's how I ended up with your mother, he says Robin. My theory during last weeks episode was that Ted is going to end up with Lilly and despite tonight's sucess with Robin I think showing Marshall and Lilly's breakup was possibly further proof of my theory. Overall it was a good episode that was necessary (cliffhangers) but there wasn't enough Barney. Though I did like his line about the girl's mom while they were on the roof :)

greydt 05-15-06 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by DGibFen
Not sure of the song title, but the band was Bloc Party.

Ah, thanks :)

I was just wondering, but maybe each of Ted's kids is from a different mother? Hypothetically, if one is from Robin and one is from Lily, then the whole "Aunt Robin" and "Aunt Lily" thing is covered since he could be talking directly to only one of the children.

I haven't read through all of the previous episode threads, so apologies if this has been brought up before and discussed :)

DGibFen 05-15-06 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant
Hmm some thoughts.. Older Ted doesn't say to the kids that's how I ended up with your mother, he says Robin. My theory during last weeks episode was that Ted is going to end up with Lilly and despite tonight's sucess with Robin I think showing Marshall and Lilly's breakup was possibly further proof of my theory. Overall it was a good episode that was necessary (cliffhangers) but there wasn't enough Barney. Though I did like his line about the girl's mom while they were on the roof :)

Yeah, but he's referred to Lilly this season (in the narration) as "Aunt Lilly". I think Marshall and Lilly will reunite at some point next season. (Of if hope beyond hope occurs, Amy Acker's character will reappear as a love interest for either Marshall or Ted.)

I know he's done the same with calling Robin "Aunt Robin", so it could be a red herring by the writers. I have a feeling that the audience will find out near the end of the series that the narrator is telling his children all of these stories because of the recent death of their mother.

Patman 05-15-06 10:53 PM

Buffy/Angel fans must be buzzing over this episode (I think it was kinda fun, too, from that perspective).

It was obvious the 3 month window just fits into the summer hiatus, so I knew Lily would fly the coop.

I think Robin definitely isn't "the one" for Ted, but she probably will be the one that finally couldn't commit to Ted, and Ted finally does meet his future wife, but it'll be at the bar when Ted in the middle of drowning his sorrows. I can't see Ted and Lily hooking up. But I still hold out hope that Robin ends up with Barney when all is said and done.

kevin75 05-15-06 11:01 PM

i still think that even though ted said "aunt robyn" in the first episode, he is eventually going to end up with robyn, unless somewhere down the road, cobie smulders leaves the series (NOOOO!!!). and tonight he just called her robyn at the end.

MrX 05-16-06 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
Amy Acker looked amazing in this episode compared to when she's on Alias.

I completely disagree.

ok episode. A few good Barney lines but Ted is still a douche.

Patman 05-16-06 01:28 AM

No, Ted won't spawn with Robin, but he might have a semi-long term relationship with her (as long as the show is on the air, I suspect).

Jadzia 05-16-06 01:40 AM

I thought this episode was more serious than funny.

Patman 05-16-06 01:44 AM

Pause!

dolphinboy 05-16-06 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by Patman
Pause!

That was the best pause ever. ;)

the big train 05-16-06 03:35 AM

Barney could have at least thrown Ted a "Legendary!" when he made it rain.