DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Invasion is being cut loose - WAHHHH! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/465472-invasion-being-cut-loose-wahhhh.html)

Orbi-Wan Techno 05-15-06 05:52 AM

Invasion is being cut loose - WAHHHH!

Of all the new shows this season, Invasion was my favorite.

At least Surface hasn't been officially canned yet...has it?

DVD Josh 05-15-06 06:31 AM

While I didn't think a show could progress at a slower pace than LOST, Invasion managed to do so. I gave up on it because literally, nothing was happening.

edstein 05-15-06 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
While I didn't think a show could progress at a slower pace than LOST, Invasion managed to do so. I gave up on it because literally, nothing was happening.

Ditto. Invasion = Watching paint dry or grass grow. Glad to see this show go.

Mopower 05-15-06 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by N2DVD
Invasion is being cut loose

Thank god.

RichC2 05-15-06 08:04 AM

Invasion was odd, it started off too slowly then went entirely too quickly, they coulda made it a little more universal.

Gasspasser 05-15-06 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by edstein

Mega mega dittos.

firteen88 05-15-06 08:46 AM

yea, I gave this show a try but it was a bust

DVD Josh 05-15-06 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by RichC2
Invasion was odd, it started off too slowly then went entirely too quickly, they coulda made it a little more universal.

Reminds me of Brokeback Mountain (the pacing).

MFRONE 05-15-06 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by edstein

I guess you didn't watch an episode in the past 2 months. It's easily been the most exciting and original show on TV.

Morf 05-15-06 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by MFRONE
I guess you didn't watch an episode in the past 2 months. It's easily been the most exciting and original show on TV.

And herein lies the reason why the show didn't have viewers. Most (like me) gave up 2-4 episodes in because nothing was going on!.

DRG 05-15-06 10:44 AM

Yeah, I'm all for patience in shows but quit after 5-6 episodes. I just found it a chore to sit through and only stuck around that long because I liked the concept (and the sheriff's daughter). Interesting to hear it picked up the pace later on, but too late perhaps.

pinata242 05-15-06 10:45 AM

It did take a while, too long, to get started. But since that time (maybe November or December?), it has been running on all cylinders. I'm really glad I stuck with it. I know there was a rumor of the CW picking it up next season. I'd follow, but there's no way I'm putting any faith in that rumor.

This show would probably do very well on DVD. Maybe even bring in talk of a resurrection.

Bronkster 05-15-06 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Morf
And herein lies the reason why the show didn't have viewers. Most (like me) gave up 2-4 episodes in because nothing was going on!.

I agree with the assessment, yet I stuck with the show. It really is a shame that it had to drag early on and lose a lot of its audience because it really has become a good show.

JasonF 05-15-06 11:10 AM

My TiVo messed up recording the show in December or so and I didn't care enough to track the episode down. So I stopped watching at that point. But I had alway splanned to catch up via DVD. Is Season 1 a complete story worth tracking down when it comes out on DVD, or should I just skip it?

MFRONE 05-15-06 11:32 AM

You should track down the DVD, the last 4 or 5 episodes are completely worth it and the season (series?) finale looks to be incredible.

tenaciousdave 05-15-06 11:39 AM

Damn, I hope they wrap it up during the finale Wednesday. If they don't, I probably won't even watch.

Those rat bastards.

valkyrie 05-15-06 11:52 AM

Wow...so much for sci-fi. Invasion, Threshold and Surface all dead. I guess I assummed (hoped?) that one of them would make it.

All confirmed dead. Bummer.

DVD Josh 05-15-06 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by valkyrie
Wow...so much for sci-fi. Invasion, Threshold and Surface all dead. I guess I assummed (hoped?) that one of them would make it.

Hopefully Heroes will carry on. LOST is doing well. Alias did in its heyday. And X-Files ran for 9 seasons!

Breakfast with Girls 05-15-06 12:10 PM

As everyone else has said, the pacing was just ridiculous in the beginning. I stopped watching after the first few episodes, but have recently come back in the last few episodes and it's actually not a bad show now. I'm still not all that interested in it, but people who gave it a shot early on should definitely tune in for the finale to see how much has changed.

Doug Heffernan 05-15-06 12:20 PM

This sucks.

Josh H 05-15-06 01:25 PM

Shame so many gave up on it with the slow start.

It was ridiculous. But it's more than made up for it. More's happened in the last half of this season than in the nearly 2 full seasons of Lost thus far.

Lost and Invasion was a perfect 1-2 punch for me. Hopefully someone else picks it up and keeps in the 10pm wed. slot.

Patman 05-15-06 01:36 PM

Wednesdays on ABC were the fastest night for me with their Alias/Lost/Invasion lineup. I sit down and 3 hours just fly by just like that! Too bad that's not returning next season.

FinkPish 05-15-06 01:43 PM

ABC may be putting a new show in the Invasion slot, and if everything goes well, I may have some inside info for everyone here.

Jadzia 05-15-06 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by valkyrie

It is interesting that the only new "sci-fi" type show to make it this season is Supernatural, on the WB.

clckworang 05-15-06 03:14 PM

Saddened but not surprised by this announcement. As others have said, the fatal flaw with this show was that it started so very slowly. I barely stuck with it, but I'm very happy that I did because it turned out to be a very good show, one that I know will play much better on DVD. That being said, I didn't see this show lasting several seasons. I figured that the storyline would end up playing out within a couple of seasons, especially at the speed that things have started happening.