the Sopranos -- "Moe N' Joe" -- 05.14.2006

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-06, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Moe N' Joe"

Tony leverages Johnny's misfortune into a domestic upgrade; Bacala suffers vision impairment.
Old 05-14-06, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 202 Likes on 156 Posts
Okay then, not much aside from Vito whacking that poor bystander, and that seemed more or less gratuitous. A rather anti-climactic ending. Only two more eps. left, so I will stick around, but the last two eps. have been below par for this season IMO.
Also, I like how they edit the teasers for the next week as if it's a mile a minute situation, when they're typically anything but that.
Old 05-14-06, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Too bad the bullet missed its mark. I'm getting tired of Bobby's horrible acting.
Old 05-14-06, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
Also, I like how they edit the teasers for the next week as if it's a mile a minute situation, when they're typically anything but that.
They've been doing that forever. A good bet is to take whatever they present you with and predict what will actually happen as the exact opposite, or highly skewed.
Old 05-14-06, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts
meh... this was a rare, uninteresting episode.
Old 05-15-06, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Im so sick of the Vito gayness by now...wasted wayyy too much time on the story. However, "I love you, Johnny Cakes" was f'n hilarious
Old 05-15-06, 01:52 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I thought it was good. Not great, but much better than the week before. Vito is a trainwreck, and that makes for interesting television.

Never admit to La Cosa Nostra, eh?

Last edited by PJsig08; 05-15-06 at 02:35 AM.
Old 05-15-06, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A rather anti-climactic ending. Only two more eps. left, so I will stick around, but the last two eps. have been below par for this season IMO.
Really? I thought this was one of the better episodes of the season. There were some decently solid scenes with Melfi and Tony that really helped flesh out Tony and Janice's relationship. Suddenly in many ways she really HAS become her mother! On the other hand, her interesting turn on her ability to genuinely do a decent job of parenting was obvious when she spoke to Bobby Jr. about doing his homework instead of sneaking out of the house to watch football at a friend's house.

It is interesting to see that Tony is being courted on both sides of the NY crew. Both Johnny and Phil Leotardo are making side deals with Tony behind the other's back. Not going to be good. I can't believe Ginny is just being booted out of the house. It was funny to see Janice just walking through with her decorator bitching about the stuff Ginny had in there.

Why did Vito just take off? I don't really understand his motivation for leaving... and all drunk no less.
Old 05-15-06, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Not top of the line, but a solid episode.

Loved the nod to Hitchcock's final shot of North By Northwest ..... one of the funniest moments I've seen on TV in a long time!
Old 05-15-06, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rfduncan

Why did Vito just take off? I don't really understand his motivation for leaving... and all drunk no less.

He had gotten used to "the life" of a mobster. Remember the scene where he was thinking about lunchtime being the halfway point. He went over that scenario several times before he looked at his watch and it really being early in the morning. He just couldn't hack it in the real world.

Last edited by kantonburg; 05-15-06 at 08:32 AM.
Old 05-15-06, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by JZ1276
Im so sick of the Vito gayness by now...wasted wayyy too much time on the story.
I think so too...except if Vito ends up being a major player in the things going down back in NJ. With Phil, Johnny, and Tony all dealing, double-dealing, and triple dealing, and given Phil's hatred for Vito, Tony's apparent soft-spot for Vito, he (Vito) could be the one to bring the fireworks to the last 2 episodes. If that happens, then all that time spent on Vito would be justified. But like most story threads, this one will probably just fizzle out.

Originally Posted by rfduncan
He gave a clue while he was cooking dinner... he said that he missed this "stuff". He knew he would be leaving... probably after his ride-along to the flooded church. He got a rush from the excitement, and it brought memories of his life in NJ. The candlelight dinner was a "farewell dinner".

Okay then, not much aside from Vito whacking that poor bystander, and that seemed more or less gratuitous.
I disagree that it was gratuitous. It shows that Vito's ruthlessness is making a resurgence. (sure the alcohol may have had something to do with it, but it had been dormant for so long, it needed a little help coming out.)
Old 05-15-06, 08:42 AM
Suspended

I wonder if Finn will be in trouble if Vito shows back up?
Old 05-15-06, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

booooring
Old 05-15-06, 08:45 AM

For those who are interested

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/...=5182#readmore
Old 05-15-06, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
If this show was not ending soon, I would be gone by now, this ep was horrendous.

Vito does not deserve this kind of airtime, a weak character and a weak actor.
What a combo.
Old 05-15-06, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by firteen88
booooring
Your elegantly worded critique astounds.
Old 05-15-06, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I didn't see next weeks preview and this is a guess but i know people are sensitive about upcoming episodes so i spoilerize anyway
Spoiler:
It seems that the shit is going to hit the fan between Tony and Phil with Vito back in the picture, which is very familiar of last season
I liked the episode, but it would have been much nicer of Vito to tell the other motorist if he didn't take his money he was going to shoot him.
It was funny with Bobby yelling "This is Giants house." I'm glad my dad wasn't like that, I would have been stuck watching the bengals every week.
This episode was a big improvement on last weeks, so hopefully the last two are even better. Isn't there going to be eight more at the end of the year.
Old 05-15-06, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by mphtrilogy
If this show was not ending soon, I would be gone by now, this ep was horrendous.

Vito does not deserve this kind of airtime, a weak character and a weak actor.
What a combo.
I agree. This is the END of this great show, and they're wasting WAY too much time on this Vito thing. OK--we get it--he's a gay mobster. But to spend so much time on it, while so many major characters get so little, is just lame.

Why did Tony want to stick it to Carmella? Why wouldn't he get on the building inspector? Not that interesting, but just curious.

Overall I'm very disappointed in the way this season has gone...
Old 05-15-06, 09:59 AM

Received 164 Likes on 120 Posts
This episode was most definitely not boring, and Vito killing the random guy was certainly not the only thing that happened. The whole season has been about Tony's coming to terms with who he is, and with that, the really important parts of the episode were Johnny Sack's guilty plea and Tony arranging for his sister to get the Sacrimoni house. Tony sees that he can't continue his life the way it's been since we've known him, but he can't figure a way out, as much as he is trying.
Old 05-15-06, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by uteotw
I agree. This is the END of this great show, and they're wasting WAY too much time on this Vito thing. OK--we get it--he's a gay mobster. But to spend so much time on it, while so many major characters get so little, is just lame.

Why did Tony want to stick it to Carmella? Why wouldn't he get on the building inspector? Not that interesting, but just curious.

Overall I'm very disappointed in the way this season has gone...
re: Carmella. I think he's starting to resent his new, relatively boring life. He didn't cheat on her, he's bored with the food, he's just BORED, probably the reason he decided to rip off the Vipers.
Old 05-15-06, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Vito stalking tony is weird..... i wonder how it all comes about..
Old 05-15-06, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

oh and to "i love you Johnny Cakes"

and also " its got to be 10:50........ damn."
Old 05-15-06, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Originally Posted by uteotw
re: Carmella. I think he's starting to resent his new, relatively boring life. He didn't cheat on her, he's bored with the food, he's just BORED, probably the reason he decided to rip off the Vipers.
Not at all how I saw it. Tony was being "neglected". He started to see that things around the house were "slipping" when Carmella got more deeply into the spec house project.

Several times we saw him rooching through the fridge unsatisfied with what was stocked there. Remember when he was like "Uh, where's dinner?" when she was working on meeting with someone that evening about the spec house? He was saying "YO! ME FIRST, WOMAN!"

And of course Carmella is tugging the opposite way trying to be a successful business woman like Angie Bonpensiero appears to be in Carm's eyes (remember her yelling on her cell in the background at Ginny's birthday gathering?).
Old 05-15-06, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts
Despite all the Vito stuff, the gayest line in the 9pm hour last night was from Survivor. ("Two mature guys. Getting it on. Strapping it on.")
Old 05-15-06, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

vito rolling over in bed, then the train going into the tunnel... OOF!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.