Search this Thread

Old 05-14-06, 01:57 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
Desperate Housewives - "No One Is Alone" - 5/14

"No One Is Alone"
Spoiler:
Felicia Tilman has more in store for Paul Young; Bree reaches the end of her rope; Susan must start over again.
Old 05-14-06, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 753 Likes on 490 Posts
From the description, it sounds like this could be a really good ep. Let's just hope that the Applewhites remain scarce.
Old 05-14-06, 09:14 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

"You look like the type of person that enjoys their frosting"

Should be an interesting finale next week
Old 05-14-06, 10:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That actress has gotten around. She was on Big Love and My Name is Earl this season.
Old 05-15-06, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Whoa. I like Harriet Sansom Harris, but what is up with the fingers? Why did she just suddenly decide to kick it up a notch?

I like Bree's storyline. It wasn't until I heard her say it out loud to Susan that I realized the true horror of what'd done to Andrew. Of course by allowing him to walk all over her, the other brat Danielle has a tried-and-true roadmap to do exactly the same. She wasted no time.

This episode actually moved a lot along in terms of gearing up for some season end cliff-hangers. I'm glad because the majority of this season while entertaining was mostly a snooze.
Old 05-15-06, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a feeling that there is more to Tom's story than it appears.

Edie looked awful in the hospital.
Old 05-15-06, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Jadzia
I have a feeling that there is more to Tom's story than it appears.
This is speculation based on the teaser for next week, so....

Spoiler:
In the teaser, Tom tells Lynette that he isn't cheating. My guess is that he has a child with that other woman from a previous relationship. That way he still wants to check up on the mom and his kid, but he still isn't cheating. Less than honest, yes, cheating, no.
Old 05-15-06, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dvd182
This is speculation based on the teaser for next week, so....

Spoiler:
In the teaser, Tom tells Lynette that he isn't cheating. My guess is that he has a child with that other woman from a previous relationship. That way he still wants to check up on the mom and his kid, but he still isn't cheating. Less than honest, yes, cheating, no.
I hadn't considered that, but your proposal would be a cheap way to milk what could be an otherwise more interesting storyline. Since Tom's father was notorious for cheating, there has to be more of a plausible excuse for what Tom is really up to. What you suggest would be a stretch since Tom and Lynette have been together for several years (8+?). Has he been sneaking to Atlantic City that whole time? Either she is completely naive or legally blind if that is the explaination.
Old 05-15-06, 02:08 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Plus why would he ever volunteer to quit his job and take care of the kids full time. He'd have no time to make it to Atlantic City.
Old 05-15-06, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Something was odd about the way the woman handed him the drink and he just walked upstairs and she followed. I did not get a cheating vibe but it seemed like he was going upstairs perhaps to meet someone else, or maybe there was already a group there he was meeting. The woman who took him upstairs seemed more like a hostess or greeter or something.

It is obviously something he is ashamed of, but I can't think of what it exactly could be.

It's nice to see Bree back to her "perfectionist" mode that they established in the beginning of the series. It seems like a natural progression for her character to eventually go crazy when her perfect world starts crashing down around her and I liked how she reverted back to micromanaging every minute in an attempt to maintain order in her life. Bree has always reminded me of my mother in law, and she also had a nervous breakdown at one point.
Old 05-15-06, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 753 Likes on 490 Posts
You know, I never thought I would say this, but I actually felt a little sorry for Susan. Not because her house burned down, but because she and her daughter now have to stay with a Bree who is losing her mind.
But a crazy Bree is an entertaining Bree, so I'm OK with that.

Wow, Edie looked really bad at the hospital. At least she has finally realized that everything bad that has happened to her has occurred when Susan was near.

Interesting move from Felicia. Not too sure how this is going to end up playing out for her though.

As for Tom, I'm sure that the truth is probably bad, but I don't think the truth is as obvious as he's just cheating on Lynnette. It could be, though.

Could it be possible that in one big gesture we have gotten rid of Bree's daughter and one of the Applewhites? I wish it were that simple, but I'm sure that they will be popping up again next week.
Old 05-16-06, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Jadzia
It is obviously something [Tom] is ashamed of, but I can't think of what it exactly could be.
Until it was mentioned last night, I keep forgetting that Wisteria Lane is somewhere in the west, probably California. I can't see Tom flying across the country to Atlantic City so much just to be having an affair.... so I think I'm going with the spoilered suggestion above.
Old 05-17-06, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
I really liked this episode. I was going to drop this show after this season but, I might actually stay with it now.
Old 05-17-06, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts
I hope Bree's "mega-cranium" daughter is gone for good. She's creepy to look at-she's all forehead!
Old 05-21-06, 02:01 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,178 Likes on 4,207 Posts
Did anyone else catch the upside-down chest xray in the doctor's office? I thought Scrubs was bad with an inverted one, but at least they can tell the difference between a neck and an abdomen.
Old 08-26-12, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: Desperate Housewives - "No One Is Alone" - 5/14

Gabby attitude is crazy. Treating the oven of her kid that way is nuts. And I hope those kids are gone for good also.