Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

7th Heaven returns for 11th season!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-06, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
7th Heaven returns for 11th season!

Thefutoncritic.com just announced that the CW will actually be ordering atleast 13 episodes of '7th Heaven' to air next season.

I know that the 7.2 million viewers was impressive, but don't they realize that is because it was the last episode of a show that everybody has watched at one point or another. I mean it was a good show, but nobody can deny that its been rather lackluster these last couple years. I my opinion, I think I should have stayed ended... maybe a miniseries, but returning the show after a 'series finale'... i dunno
Old 05-12-06, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
It's not entirely out left field, there's always been the vibe that it could return. The CW must be getting desperate though if their already plugging holes in their schedule.
Old 05-12-06, 06:53 PM

It's ironic that the renewal of this show is the best indicator that there is no god.
Old 05-12-06, 06:53 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I didn't see the finale, as I've never actually watched a full episode of this... but seeing as that was supposed to be the finale, how are they going to continue on? And then, how will they do another finale?
Old 05-12-06, 08:10 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
If they cancel VM for this show...I'll be pissed.
Old 05-12-06, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Or Everwood!
Old 05-12-06, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm sorry but I'm a fan! If it's just 13 eps then that will save on reruns of other shows.
Old 05-12-06, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Plus "Heaven" remains the WB's top overall draw this season with an average of 5.66 million viewers.
Old 05-12-06, 08:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think Charmed will be the next show renewed from cancellation.

all I have to say on this matter is that as long as they renew Supernatural I could care less what they do with the rest of this network.
Old 05-12-06, 08:56 PM

I doubt that one considering 'Charmed' is one of the lowest rated shows on the network...

What I'm just thinking about also is accessibility. '7th Heaven' has been on the air for a decade, and it is not the easiest show to get into right now, because you need the foundation with the characters to get most of what is going on. But with "Veronica Mars" she's starting college, and the show is going to be completely different. Probably a 2 minute recap will get everyone up to date...
Old 05-12-06, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well now we get to here more of the Simon/Sandy story.
Old 05-12-06, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

13 episodes means that it could alternate half seasons with Everwood.

It could be a midseason replacement.
Old 05-12-06, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisHicks
I doubt it because none of the actresses want to do a 9th season. Also the ratings completely blow.

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Words cannot describe what I'll be, especially after that awesome season finale.
Old 05-12-06, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Ditto for OTH.
Old 05-12-06, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Put me in the "if they cancel VMars for this, I'm going to to flip out" crowd.
Old 05-12-06, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Originally Posted by antennaball
Ditto for OTH.

Yep. That's my biggest guilty pleasure show and the most important WB show to me.
Old 05-12-06, 11:33 PM

I guess I should have used that sarcastic smilie in regards to Charmed.
Old 05-13-06, 07:09 AM
Suspended

I will be so mad if this gets in the way of renewing Veronica Mars. I just do not understand how a show like 7th Heaven can last 11 seasons while a great show like Veronica Mars is on the bubble. It just boggles the mind.

I just started watching VM a couple weeks ago on DVD and am now on season 2. I'm not ready for another great show to ends far too soon.
Old 05-13-06, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Slayer2005
I will be so mad if this gets in the way of renewing Veronica Mars. I just do not understand how a show like 7th Heaven can last 11 seasons while a great show like Veronica Mars is on the bubble. It just boggles the mind.

I just started watching VM a couple weeks ago on DVD and am now on season 2. I'm not ready for another great show to ends far too soon.
Simple. Hardly anyone watches VM. Even if the viewers of VM think its the cat's ass, obviously most of tv views don't think its good enough to watch. The Firefly excuse can't be said about VM. Its been on for years and probably been kept in one schedule/slot that people won't give up since they can't find it. It just never got an audience besides a small one. 7th Heaven has built a audience that is large enought to have been the WB's top show for years and large enough for the CW to want the audience. If VM had the audience that 7H has, it would be a sure bet to be back as well.
Old 05-13-06, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by critterdvd
a show that everybody has watched at one point or another.
I must confess I have never even seen an episode of 7th Heaven.
Old 05-14-06, 02:18 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by resinrats
Simple. Hardly anyone watches VM. Even if the viewers of VM think its the cat's ass, obviously most of tv views don't think its good enough to watch. The Firefly excuse can't be said about VM. Its been on for years and probably been kept in one schedule/slot that people won't give up since they can't find it. It just never got an audience besides a small one. 7th Heaven has built a audience that is large enought to have been the WB's top show for years and large enough for the CW to want the audience. If VM had the audience that 7H has, it would be a sure bet to be back as well.
Gee, thanks for your insight. I had no idea that it comes down to Neilson ratings. When I said I don't understand "how" a show like 7th Heaven can last 11 seasons while a far greater show is on the bubble I wasn't referring to ratings. I was merely wondering how it's possible for more people to watch such a show than Veronica Mars. I shouldn't be surprised though, the *average* TV watcher couldn't recognize a great show if their life depended on it. The extending story/character arcs on VM may be too hard to follow (especially by not watching in order) and/or the dialogue may be a bit too witty for the *average* tv viewer to appreciate or even "get". 7th Heaven is designed to pull in the family of Christians, regardless of its actual quality.

Most TV viewers have no idea what Veronica Mars is anyway, so those who don't know it exists or haven't seen it don't know if it's worth watching. Also, for the record, it's one of those shows that should be watched from the very first episode, IMO. I'm sure that doesn't help the show's ratings. Pretty much everyone knows what 7th Heaven is. I just got my cousin and best friend hooked on Veronica Mars too. They both knew what 7th Heaven was before they even heard of Veronica Mars (which was only recently when I showed it to them on DVD). Guess which one of the two that they actually like though.

I hadn't even seen one episode of VM before a couple weeks ago. I've never even seen an advertisement for it on TV either. I only knew about it after reading about it online. Mainly after reading Joss Whedon & Stephen King gush (followed by many more similar opinions) about it.

It's a shame we live in a world where great series like Firefly and Freaks & Geeks get cancelled before a season is up and a great show like VM is on the bubble after two seasons, but something like 7th Heaven can survive year after year, regardless of its quality in comparison. Oh well. I don't care if it comes back for a 20th season. All I hope is that it's renewal doesn't get in the way of renewing much better series out there.
Old 05-14-06, 06:10 PM
Banned

Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
I hope they explain how it's possible that Simon's baby doesn't have a twin.
Old 05-14-06, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

well, rob thomas has stated his plans for next season, so why would he make plans for next season if it was not coming back?
Old 05-14-06, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think it's the Everwood/OTH fans who need to be worried, not the VM fans. I thought perhaps both of those shows would come back due to the very weak pilots, but now we're looking at 1 of them coming back if you ask me. I'd hate to lose Everwood.
Old 05-14-06, 07:29 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
What scares me about CW bringing 7th Heaven over is the $. After more and more season of the show, its costs more and more $. Something in its 11th season...how much are these actors getting paid? VMs budget is a frickin shoe string.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.