DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   What shows do you HATE half of and LOVE the other half? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/464947-what-shows-do-you-hate-half-love-other-half.html)

j123vt_99 05-10-06 09:59 AM

What shows do you HATE half of and LOVE the other half?

Watching Prison Break the other night made me think of this. I think the parts of the show that take place in the prison are some of the best tv out there (of course it is unrealistic, but it is just some fun tv), while the parts outside the prison (the consipiracy, the lawyer, the VP) is just horrible... In the prison - 8 or 9 out of 10.. Outside the prision - 2 out of 10.

The only other show that comes to mind that has polar opposites like that is the Sopranos... The mob stuff - 8/10.. The psychologist/Dr. Melfi stuff - 2/10

What other shows that you like are split with you loving and hating?

jmb295 05-10-06 10:11 AM

The Unit

Scenes with the wives are unwatchable, but my tivo fixes that pretty well.

Randy Miller III 05-10-06 10:12 AM

<i>Grey's Anatomy</i> - I love the hospital stuff and <i>hate</i> the...well, the non-hospital stuff. Oh, and Meredith's overwrought, Doogie Howser voiceovers at the beginning and the end are even worse. :rolleyes:

Cusm 05-10-06 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by jmb295
The Unit

My answer as well.

Jadzia 05-10-06 10:36 AM

The Loop
Loved the stuff in the office, hated the crap with his juvenile friends

Big Love
Love the stuff with Bill and his family - hate all the Roman/compound politics stuff

superdeluxe 05-10-06 11:02 AM

24:

Love the bauer kicking ass part

Hate the idiotic side plot lines (Kim vs cougar, kim vs baby daddy, Palmer's affair with sectary of health, Head of CTU's mentally Ill daughter, Sexual harassment chick)

paradicelost 05-10-06 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Jadzia
Big Love
Love the stuff with Bill and his family - hate all the Roman/compound politics stuff

I'm almost the complete opposite, I don't really hate the family stuff, i just prefer the Roman/compound plotlines.

mrpayroll 05-10-06 12:08 PM

I don't think anyone else has given the same answer, but The Unit! ;)

The wives all need to be rounded up and used for target practice.

Last nights 2 episodes were the most offensive so far. We had to sit thru seeing Molly losing $40k of the wives money to a scam artist and then having to settle on only getting back $15k of it.

Chris

Jadzia 05-10-06 12:12 PM

I like the Wives aspect of the Unit. Without that stuff, it would just be too much like E-Ring.

The wives stuff makes the stuff in the field more interesting, since you see these as family men as well as soldiers.

mrpayroll 05-10-06 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Jadzia
I like the Wives aspect of the Unit. Without that stuff, it would just be too much like E-Ring.

The wives stuff makes the stuff in the field more interesting, since you see these as family men as well as soldiers.

Now see, you just proved my point! :D

But the problem is since the beginning, CBS has sold this as an action show about an elite group of soldiers (men, though if they had a tough woman in there I wouldn't mind) who go all around the world and take care of political and military problems and who only answer to the President.

What we get is 40% to 50% of that scenario and 50% to 60% of the lives of the wives.

Chris

Dr. Henry Jones, Jr. 05-10-06 01:22 PM

L&O: SVU

I could do without the ass-hattery of Stabler.

crankyman 05-10-06 01:39 PM

how i met your mother

anything with the side characters is good. anything with the lead makes me want to strangle his ass.

more neal patrick harris!

riley_dude 05-10-06 01:47 PM

The flashbacks on Lost are getting old.

zebop 05-10-06 01:49 PM

On Conviction I like Julianne Nicholson, J. August Richards and Jordan Bridges. The shows that featured them were good. The other folks? Bad stuff IMO--and enough to take the show out.

King of Queens- I like Doug, Carrie, Deacon w/ or without his wife. Arthur's fine-when I see him. Everything else is horrible, horrible--they've made Spence such a whiner.

josuff247 05-10-06 02:06 PM

Da Ali G show
Agli G and Borat are great.
Bruno, is just OK.
So I guess thats two-thirds.

Red Dog 05-10-06 02:10 PM

PTI between April and June. Hate the NBA-half. Love the rest.

milo bloom 05-10-06 04:58 PM

I would have enjoyed Mad About You a lot more if they could have erased Paul Reiser from all the episodes. I've never been able to forgive what he did to Ripley (seriously, that's skewed my perception of him for years)

GuessWho 05-10-06 05:07 PM

Lost; Love the island stuff, sick of flashbacks

Desp Housewives; Love everyone except the Applewhites and Nicolette Sheridan's character

WWE; Love Raw, hate Smackdown

Smallville; Love all of it except scenes with Lana Lang

Ayre 05-10-06 06:41 PM

Sister Sister .... That one sister annoys me.

Lost ... Love the cliffhangers and absolutely hate the lack of resolution and plot direction.

nodeerforamonth 05-10-06 07:04 PM

Hannity & Colmes. Love Hannity. Hate Colmes. Just kidding... I don't hate him.

SunMonkey 05-10-06 07:05 PM

Before I stopped watching, Surface. I liked the creature discovery part, hated the stuff with the kid.

Red Dog 05-10-06 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
Hannity & Colmes. Love Hannity. Hate Colmes. Just kidding... I don't hate him.

How can you hate a Cadaver? ;)

adamblast 05-10-06 11:21 PM

I love Law. I hate Order.

astrochimp 05-10-06 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by adamblast
I love Law. I hate Order.

:lol:

Bateman 05-10-06 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by jmb295
The Unit

Yeah this is mine as well. Its a show that can't be watched unless its recorded.