Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Veronica Mars -- Season Finale "Not Pictured" -- 05/09/06

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who's responsible for the bus crash?
Kendall Casablanca
9.30%
Beaver Casablanca
53.49%
The Fitzpatricks Gang
2.33%
Weevil
2.33%
Mayor Woody Goodman
6.98%
Aaron Echolls
4.65%
Other
18.60%
Twikoff
2.33%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Veronica Mars -- Season Finale "Not Pictured" -- 05/09/06

Old 05-14-06, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Even if that's true (I don't doubt you, I just don't recall that deal being made) I never understood why he erased the tapes at all. He clearly hated his dad.

[Edit] I see you've answered my question in your edited post -- we're posting at the same time. And I guess that makes sense. Ok, theory withdrawn.

Last edited by Flave; 05-14-06 at 06:01 PM.
Old 05-14-06, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I liked the finale a lot. It packed in a boat load of plot in typical V. Mars fashion. My two complaints are the rooftop scene and the ten minutes where a zillion things happened. The rooftop scene felt a little corny. I know Veronica had to explain the mystery and all, but geez. And the plane exploding right there just seemed...this is gonna sound stupid...but too tv. Told it was gonna sound stupid. About the ten minutes where everything happened - like others I just think they needed another hour to let things breath a little bit.

I, for one, loved the dream sequence. Especially the part with Wallace. Wallace doesn't get much love, but he is a great character. There "goodbye" to their highschool selves was really nice.

Mac is great too. To the person that said her reaction to being left behind in the hotel was kind of extreme - I didn't think so at all. Even without knowing about Beaver being a killer - she was still a virgin (I think) who was trying to give herself away only to have dude desert her in a cruel fashion. And she's 18. Ain't that enough?

I look forward to a 3 mystery season. Hope they can pull it off.
Old 06-11-06, 07:19 PM

just finished watching the finale, watched season 2 in 3 days.

season 2 definately felt different than season 1.. i dunno if i would say worse, but just had a different feel to it.

i still enjoyed the season though, way better than most other shows on tv.

i thought the finale was good, didn't expect beaver to be the killer.

i was pretty upset seeing aaron get off for the murder, but having CW kill him (ordered by duncan) was awesome.. probably my favorite part of the finale. it was pretty cool how duncan called cw and said "CW?" and CW responded saying "its a done deal" .

sucks that veronica really did end up getting raped though.

one i didnt understand:
what was the point of megs sister getting "mentally abused" by having her write all those notebooks and locking her in the closet by her parents?? did that get resolved and i just didnt notice it?
Old 06-24-06, 04:42 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Chauzer
one i didnt understand:
what was the point of megs sister getting "mentally abused" by having her write all those notebooks and locking her in the closet by her parents?? did that get resolved and i just didnt notice it?
Well it took me a week, but I watched the first 2 seasons over the last week and a half.

I wondered the same thing about Meg's parents? Lamb seemed so pissed at them, then nothing happened with it? And what about Meg's sister who's in HS? No big deal, just odd they didn't touch on it again.

For some reason I thought Dick and Beav were seniors? Guess not...I also thought Lilly was a year younger than the rest of the gang.

I'm glad I'm easily entertained, because I find very few things to nitpick about this show. Before watching this, I watched all 5 seasons of Smallville in about 3 weeks, and I hope people that complain about this show don't watch Smallville.

So I'm really happy I finally discovered this show...just sad it took me so long.
Old 06-24-06, 04:49 PM
Suspended

They did it so they could get rid of Duncan. Meg not wanting her baby to end up with her parents gave the writers a reason to have Duncan leave without having his relationship with Veronica end on bad terms.

BTW, I'm pretty sure Dick is a senior, but Beaver is not.

Last edited by Slayer2005; 06-24-06 at 04:52 PM.
Old 06-24-06, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Slayer2005
They did it so they could get rid of Duncan. Meg not wanting her baby to end up with her parents gave the writers a reason to have Duncan leave without having his relationship with Veronica end on bad terms.

BTW, I'm pretty sure Dick is a senior, but Beaver is not.
Right, Dick is a senior, but he didn't graduate, so he'll have to go to summer school. Beaver was probably a junior.
Old 06-24-06, 08:32 PM

also, how come they had to write off duncan? was it money issues or something? although i didnt care much for his character, i wouldve liked to see him finish off the season/school year since he was a big part of the show. i didnt really like the story they wrote to get him off the show.. his family's worth billions, he wouldnt need to run away w/ the baby
Old 06-25-06, 09:53 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Chauzer
also, how come they had to write off duncan? was it money issues or something? although i didnt care much for his character, i wouldve liked to see him finish off the season/school year since he was a big part of the show. i didnt really like the story they wrote to get him off the show.. his family's worth billions, he wouldnt need to run away w/ the baby
Can't say for sure. It could be money (especially since the ratings are that good), but it could also be to make way for a relationship more people liked. Veronica & Logan have far more chemistry and when it first happened it so unexpected (it reminded me a lot of Buffy the Vampire Slayer when Buffy
Spoiler:
Hooked up with Spike after Angel.
One thing I thought was really cool, since they made Duncan seem like the love of her life, is that in the flashbacks of the season 2 finale she envisioned herself with Logan had Lilly stayed alive. I thought that was definitely really interesting.

Jason Dohring, the guy who plays Logan, actually auditioned for the role of Duncan, but the suits wanted a male model type for the lead romantic role. Of course it worked out for the best since Veronica ended up hooking up with Logan anyway. Bet the suits didn't expect that.

BTW, a couple of great TV recommendations for you Chauzer since you're all done with Veronica Mars and are probably going through VMars withdrawal. :

If you loved Veronica Mars you absolutely must check out Buffy the Vampire Slayer (if you haven't already, and the darker spinoff, Angel). Greatest. TV. Show. Ever. (with Angel a being a near tie). Like Veronica Mars, it's a series best watched from the begining in order. A lot of the reason why so many Buffy fans are hooked on Veronica Mars (not to mention the creator himself) is because of the great Buffyesque dialogue and of course the great story/character arcs. The comparisons to Buffy is a big reason why at least three very popular Buffy people have appeared on the show, including the the creator of Buffy, Angel, Firefly & Serenity himself, Joss Whedon (2 of the 3 had fairly major roles, Kendall and Trina). Whedon himself is actually a big fan. The guy knows a great cast and show when he sees one. Not surprising since he's made 3 of the best shows ever.

I swear there are so many times when watching Veronica Mars that she seems like a mirror image of Buffy portrayed by Sarah Michelle Gellar. Sometimes it's her voice, her dialogue deliver and/or her facial expression. It's almost scary how similar they can seem, because I once thought Sarah Michelle Gellar was the only person who could've nailed the TV role of Buffy the way she did, but I now have no doubt that Kristen Bell could filled the role perfectly and it would've been nearly identical in quality. lol.

Also, since you love 24 and Veronica Mars you would probably also love Alias. Great spy action, very interesting plot and a hot, super smart and great lead character portrayed by Jennifer Garner (great cast all around really). Not to mention lots of big twists and probably the best TV pilot I've ever seen, with a couple of big twists just in the 2 hour pilot. One of the best first seasons of a series ever.
Old 06-26-06, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think Teddy Dunn (Duncan) was let go because they said his story ran it's course buy I think it was partly due to the lack of chemistry between Veronica and Duncan and, becauswe I think Most fans liked Logan and Veronica together.
Old 06-26-06, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by riley_dude
I think Teddy Dunn (Duncan) was let go because they said his story ran it's course buy I think it was partly due to the lack of chemistry between Veronica and Duncan and, becauswe I think Most fans liked Logan and Veronica together.
I understand wanting to put Veronica and Logan together, but the way they got Duncan out of the picture was pretty odd. I mean, stealing a baby that he's the biological father of? Come on! The guy is rich enough to afford any lawyer(s) he wanted and would win the custody case in almost any courtroom in the country due to that fact it is his child! The whole stealing-the-baby-and-running-off-to-Mexico was just dumb, plain and simple.
Old 06-26-06, 04:16 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by dhmac
I understand wanting to put Veronica and Logan together, but the way they got Duncan out of the picture was pretty odd. I mean, stealing a baby that he's the biological father of? Come on! The guy is rich enough to afford any lawyer(s) he wanted and would win the custody case in almost any courtroom in the country due to that fact it is his child! The whole stealing-the-baby-and-running-off-to-Mexico was just dumb, plain and simple.
It could be called "dumb" I suppose, but maybe he didn't want to take any chances, especially considering his medical condition. People do dumb things sometimes in real life too.
Old 06-26-06, 05:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dhmac
A lot of the second season was just dumb. If you strip away the idiot plots, the show's second season would have lasted three episodes.