DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   What About Brian? 5/8/06 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/464799-what-about-brian-5-8-06-a.html)

Patman 05-08-06 10:00 PM

What About Brian? 5/8/06

Well, I think this was the last episode of this show, and if you don't feel like slitting your wrist watching "friends" combust in front of each other, you never will.

Spiderbite 05-08-06 10:07 PM

I have really enjoyed this show though this episode was pretty depressing.

The big question is: Will it return?

I thought this show was 100 times better and more interesting than Love Monkey.

Patman 05-08-06 10:11 PM

Marjorie in that white dress was pretty hot, though. It almost made up for the crappy feeling the end gave me.

dvd182 05-09-06 02:30 AM

I liked this show as well, also enjoyed it a lot more than Love Monkey. I guess I'd like to see it return, but would not at all be surprised if/when it doesn't.

mdc3000 05-09-06 08:44 AM

I liked the finale...some great stuff. I don't think it's getting renewed, but I'd love to see ABC take a chance, I think this COULD find an audience if given the right timeslot.

MATT

Ayre 05-09-06 08:53 AM

I liked the ending. The character profiles are all over the place. Is this a chick show for guys or a show about guys for chicks. Not that it matters to me. But from a demographics standpoint, you can't just toss a show out there and hope it sticks. It needs to, at the very least, establish an audience.

The show is really jaded. Nobody seems to believe in love. Everyone is lying to everyone else and the resolution is for them to get caught. It is entertaining and the acting is surprisingly good. But the show needs to tighten up a bit. Golf and guys in a van do not exactly go with women trying on wedding dresses. It is trying too hard to be too much for everyone.

windom 05-09-06 10:43 AM

There are two more episodes after this one that have already been filmed. I imagine they will be shown to start the next season if there is one. Otherwise I hope they will burn them off in the summer.

There is also another unaired episode that should have come before the past two weeks' episodes.

Jadzia 05-09-06 11:05 AM

Wow, I can't believe there are people who liked this more than Love Monkey. I have thought this show was dull and all of the characters are pretty unlikeable. The lead has no charisma especially.

I think the only interesting storyline has been the open marriage couple, but they really just got cliched with that one. I found it hard to believe that couple was even married for 13 years, they seemed so mismatched in the first place.

Thank goodness for Love Monkey episodes on VH-1. That show is truly special and I watch every episode with a big smile on my face. What About Brian is like watching paint dry. Very depressing paint.