DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Shows Considering Dumping (after the 2005-2006 Season concludes) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/464796-shows-considering-dumping-after-2005-2006-season-concludes.html)

dhmac 05-08-06 09:40 PM

Shows Considering Dumping (after the 2005-2006 Season concludes)

Any shows that you're considering dumping, once this season ends?

Me, I'm considering bailing out of Desperate Housewives after the season ends.

Michael Corvin 05-08-06 09:41 PM

Nope. Already weeded out the deadbeats about mid-season. Down to about 8 shows and I still can't keep up. :lol:

Red Dog 05-08-06 09:59 PM

The O.C. - clinging on as is

Timber 05-08-06 10:01 PM

Smallville, but I consider dropping it every season.

Steam 05-08-06 10:02 PM

I gradually drop shows over the course of the year once they lose my interest. The main core of shows (24, Survivor, Family Guy, The Office, South Park) won't change.

MrX 05-08-06 10:07 PM

I've got about the last 7 or 8 OC episodes recorded, not sure if I'll get around to watching them or not. Other then that I don't think I will drop anything else.

invisiblegt 05-08-06 10:20 PM

I do the same thing as a few posters have already mentioned: I just dump the shows early on.

For me, I try to give every new show at least three episodes before deciding it's fate. Sometimes (War At Home) I only need one episode...

B.A. 05-08-06 10:43 PM

We dumped Desperate Housewives last fall.

I have a couple months worth of Smallville tivoed - I'm still not sure if I will watch them.

I should dump The O.C., but I know that I won't.

I bailed on Nip/Tuck last season, too - still not sure if I will catch up w/ it on DVD eventually.

I've been hit/miss w/ E.R. all season. I have watched maybe half of this season and really haven't missed it.

onebyone 05-08-06 11:22 PM

I am always thisclose to dumping The OC, but then Julie Cooper pulls me back in.

For the first time ever, Gilmore Girls and I are on the brink of divorce, but it has been my favorite show for so long that I don't know if I can go through with it. I am going to try to dump it though. I have the Indianapolis Colts to watch for when I want to watch something that will make me feel miserable and stupid in the end.

Groucho 05-08-06 11:23 PM

I should dump Desperate Housewives, but it's a hard sell to my wife.

Jadzia 05-08-06 11:30 PM

I have a few shows that seem to linger for awhile in the Tivo before I get around to watching them: Close to Home and Supernatural are prime culprits.

Doughboy 05-09-06 12:12 AM

The O.C. would be at the top of my list. Season 2 was mediocre at best and Season 3 has been dreadful. I'm almost rooting for Fox to put this show out of its misery and just cancel the thing.

One Tree Hill had a weak Season 3 as well, but the cliffhanger has me hoping the CW brings it back another year.

I've kinda given up on Smallville already. I've only seen the first 20 minutes of the Season 5 premiere and am having a hard time motivating myself to get caught up. I heard it's been decent this year though.

Rogue588 05-09-06 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by Doughboy
I heard it's been decent this year though.

You must be cheating on us with another forum, cuz you surely didn't hear that here. :D

Out of the shows i'm watching now, they're all shows I want to watch [with the exception of the aforementioned Smallville].

Doughboy 05-09-06 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Rogue588
You must be cheating on us with another forum, cuz you surely didn't hear that here. :D

Nah, I heard this from a friend of mine who hated Season 4 as much as I did, but begrudgingly admitted Season 5 has been pretty good. You know, an actual flesh-and-blood person.;)

Ayre 05-09-06 08:02 AM

Lost & Veronica Mars ... Unfortunately, they both keep pulling me back in.
One Tree Hill may be a victim of downsizing by both the CW and me.

DH is still a good diversion and leadin to Greys Anatomy.

I am in TV hell anymore. Not enough time and little room on my DVR.

Charlie Goose 05-09-06 08:35 AM

Gave up on Desperate Housewives a few months ago. Not dumping anything else yet.

jonw9 05-09-06 08:54 AM

Dumped "Teachers" although I kinda had high hopes. It followed scrubs and my wife is a teacher, but the show was a stinker.

We gave up on O.C. in the begining of the season, it was very meh for the first couple of episodes we watched.

I am border line on the Simpsons, evertything they do seems like a repeat. I have been loyal to them since the Tracey Ullman show, which is pretty much why I still watch it.

We will stick with Housewives, and probably Big Love, although I am hoping that comes around soon.

Big Worms 05-09-06 10:05 AM

Already dumped Desperate Housewives after 3 episodes this season.

bboisvert 05-09-06 10:16 AM

Realistically, I'm not going to dump it... but I'm considering losing The Gilmore Girls for the first time ever. This season was really just spinning its wheels.

I'm really hoping that the upcoming 7th season will be the last, with a decent finish. Of course, the changing guard behind the scenes doesn't give me much hope.

I'm also considering waiting for Lost: Season 3 to hit DVD. This show plays so much better in a few sittings rather than gaps of weeks between episodes.

I've already dropped a ton of TV this year... I can't remember the last time I watched so little series television. Even shows that I enjoy -- Family Guy, etc. -- I don't go out of my way to catch, figuring I'll have the DVD eventually anyway.

mphtrilogy 05-09-06 10:18 AM

without a trace may be ready for exit, and desp housewives is on severe life support...

FatTony 05-09-06 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by bboisvert
I'm also considering waiting for Lost: Season 3 to hit DVD. This show plays so much better in a few sittings rather than gaps of weeks between episodes.

:thumbsup:

I'm considering doing the same for 24 as well (plot holes and bad writing are easier to ignore if you don't have time to think about them). That would leave me with Scrubs* and The Office as the only shows I watch regularly. I'm actually giving serious thought to just cancelling my cable altogether.

* I'm not even sure if Scrubs is coming back for another season. Anyone have any news?

Jimmy James 05-09-06 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by FatTony
* I'm not even sure if Scrubs is coming back for another season. Anyone have any news?

The rumor is that if NBC doesn't pick it up, ABC will.

raven56706 05-09-06 10:58 AM

I dropped the OC but i picked up Smallville and the Office...

bothanspy 05-09-06 11:17 AM

I'm dumping

Arrested Development
and I'll probably give the Sopranos 8 - 10 more episodes before I dump it.

lordwow 05-09-06 11:21 AM

I've all but given up on the OC this year. Watched it until about Thanksgiving time, and it seems like the shows gone about 2 feet since then.