Reload this Page >

7th Heaven - "And Thank You" SERIES Finale 5/8/06

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 05-08-06, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tonight the series finale of 7th Heaven airs on the WB. After 10 seasons the Camden clan finally retires. I'm sure a lot more people watch this show than will own up to it. I'm not going to lie, it's been a very guilty pleasure of mine for years. The finale actually aired last night in Canada and overall it was a decent enough episode.

They manage to get everyone of major importance into the episode (with a few exceptions) and despite some VERY cheesy fantasy sequences, ends up being a good send off, even if it does leave a door open in case the CW gets desperate. Overall it was decent enough, but had a lack of Ruthie...she only was in like 2 minutes, come on!

So Simon and Rose DO NOT tie the knot after all, a mutal decision that was a long time coming. Carlos and Mary are back together and expecting twins. Matt and Sarah make the wedding and announce that they too are expecting twins...and not wanting to be left out, Lucy and Kevin make the same announcement... Six grand kids...holy crap!

Then of course, the big shocker, Sandy comes back to talk to Simon, and through the limited dialogue, IMPLIES heavily that HE IS THE FATHER OF HER BABY! Uh woah...that's a nifty little development, too bad Sandy ruined Martin's life and crushed Ruthie with what turned out to be a case of mistaken paternity!

Overall, a sweet and cheesy finale to a show that is just that. Rest in Peace 7th Heaven!

MATT

Last edited by mdc3000; 05-09-06 at 09:43 AM.
Old 05-08-06, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm kinda sad to see it go, only because it represents 45 minutes every week I can do whatever I need to without being interrupted by my wife.
Old 05-08-06, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So a good finale for this show is telling the audience to keep making babies and everything will be fine?
Old 05-08-06, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I admit I'll miss it. I've watched it for the past 6 years. While it is not as good as several seasons ago, this season was an improvement. Like all shows that have been on this long, it be sad that no new episodes will be made. I wouldn' mind if CW picked it up. While actor's saleries go up each year, I can't see this show costing more money than shows that have stunts, SFX, non-everyday sets.
Old 05-08-06, 10:43 PM
Political Exile

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I was a regular viewer during the first few seasons. Since then I've seen a few episodes per year.

I wasn't aware that Martin and Simon had both had sex with the same girl.

So Martin thought the baby was his, but it's really Simon's. Heh heh heh.

It's too bad Sam and David never got to be individuals. I don't think I ever saw one of them onscreen without the other.

A good series overall. I hardly ever watch new shows at all these days. The only ones I watch now are Alias and Gilmore Girls. So for me to watch this show even a few times a year is a compliment toward the show, not a criticism.
Old 05-08-06, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

What exactly was the writer's beef with Jessica Beil? For the past few seasons Mary has just been a character to beat on with them talking how Mary is screwing up her life. Even in this one, it sort of snuck in with Eric's daydream showing Mary not intelligent. The fiirst few seasons established Mary as pretty smart and school wasn't a problem for her.

I liked the finale but it should have been a two hour event. There was too many flashbacks or daydreams in this one. Sam & David had more screentime than Ruthie.
Old 05-09-06, 12:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

What I hated is that the whole season was about Simon getting married, then they don't get married in the last minute - wierd.

So, Simon is a father, they should have brought that up sooner.
Old 05-09-06, 11:45 AM
Cool New Member

What killed me in the entire episode was when Sandy implied that Rose knew about the baby and didn't tell Simon!
Old 05-09-06, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ruthie's Scottish boyfriend looked like Brian Peppers
Old 05-09-06, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by riley_dude
So a good finale for this show is telling the audience to keep making babies and everything will be fine?
They gotta leave their options open for 7th Heaven: The Next Generation.