DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Plots on The Sopranos that were never revisited (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/464405-plots-sopranos-were-never-revisited.html)

JimmySRU 05-04-06 08:50 PM

Plots on The Sopranos that were never revisited

Watched a couple old episodes randomly on DVD and kind of made me think of what plots that were never revisited and will probably never be resolved. Here is one that I forgot about and waited and waited to see what would happen
Season 3
Pine Barrens
Spoiler:
Did the russian die or get away

GuessWho 05-04-06 09:18 PM

When is life is everything "resolved"?

Decker 05-04-06 10:11 PM

When is Adrianna going to get back from her trip?

Will Mr Finnerty ever find his wallet?

Giantrobo 05-05-06 04:17 AM

I remember the creater of the show saying we won't see the Russian guy from Pine Barrens or Furio again so we'll never know...

raven56706 05-05-06 07:08 AM

Will Aj finally grow first hair on ball?

rfduncan 05-05-06 07:55 AM

This has been discussed over the course of the entire series. I agree with GuessWho (and many others in here have expressed the same feeling in various Sopranos threads) that this show shows that life is on-going and doesn't always tie itself up in a nice little resolved bundle like conventional hour-long dramas tend to do.

You will actually find too many items to keep track of upon closer inspection.

It would not at all surprise me if the entire series ends this way. No real catharsis or resolution, it will have one major event, and then it will end.

Giantrobo 05-06-06 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by rfduncan
It would not at all surprise me if the entire series ends this way. No real catharsis or resolution, it will have one major event, and then it will end.

:up:

To me that would be great. Just end it with some great slow Steve Van Zandt song while showing everyone going about life as usual then fade to black...roll credits.

ScandalUMD 05-06-06 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by JimmySRU
Watched a couple old episodes randomly on DVD and kind of made me think of what plots that were never revisited and will probably never be resolved. Here is one that I forgot about and waited and waited to see what would happen
Season 3
Pine Barrens
Spoiler:
Did the russian die or get away

The Russian in the Pine Barrens was a metaphor.

Dydion 05-06-06 03:50 PM

The Russian in the Pine Barrens was a metaphor.
Can you explain that?

And whatever happened to that woman who used to visit Uncle Junior, the one who put the breather thing on his head one episode in Season 2? She just disappeared without any explanation.

Tommy Ceez 05-06-06 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Dydion
Can you explain that?

Yes...when you are a gross apologist, using the 'BLANK was a metaphor' excuse, you can cover alot of ground

Bill Needle 05-06-06 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
Yes...when you are a gross apologist, using the 'BLANK was a metaphor' excuse, you can cover alot of ground

If they had put him in a dream, it could have become a six-episode run.

Giantrobo 05-07-06 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by Dydion
Can you explain that?

And whatever happened to that woman who used to visit Uncle Junior, the one who put the breather thing on his head one episode in Season 2? She just disappeared without any explanation.

Is that one who's dead husband was a cop who Junior was friends with?

TyroneJordan 05-07-06 02:03 AM

Furio was awesome. The night Tony tested Furio's prowess in the Filipina's whore house was one of most prominent violent scenes in the show's history. Bad-ass to the max.

Dydion 05-07-06 06:27 AM

Is that one who's dead husband was a cop who Junior was friends with?
Yes...she said she used to find money in his pockets, and Junior said "Nah, he was a straight shooter."

Maybe she was a metaphor, too? :lol:

GuessWho 05-07-06 02:29 PM

The Sopranos recognizes real time inbetween seasons--that is, they acknowledge 2 years have gone by before this current season. A lot of stuff (capture of Russian as an example) can be resolved in 2 years. What's the show's obligation to "flashback" and fill in the YEARS of activity inbetween seasons?

Jimmy James 05-07-06 05:22 PM

If I ever create a series, I hope I attract a cadre of Internet apologists like the Sopranos has. It must make reading about the show online much easier.