DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Supernatural -- Season Finale "Devil's Trap" -- 05/04/06 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/464325-supernatural-season-finale-devils-trap-05-04-06-a.html)

LorenzoL 05-04-06 05:33 AM

Supernatural -- Season Finale "Devil's Trap" -- 05/04/06

"Devil's Trap" Episode #121.
Spoiler:
Sam and Dean seek help in their mission to save their father from Meg; a lively battle ensues between the Winchesters and a long-sought after demon.

Cast: Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Nicki Aycox, Jim Beaver.
Director(s): Kim Manners.
Producer(s): Eric Kripke, Robert Singer.
Writer(s): Eric Kripke.

Original Airdate: May 4, 2006.

LorenzoL 05-04-06 05:41 AM

I hope CW picks up this show for next season.

Morf 05-04-06 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
I hope CW picks up this show for next season.

Nothing official yet, but I think it is a safe bet. At least, it's listed under "Likely Renewals" in The CW's wikipedia article

Chew 05-04-06 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Morf
Nothing official yet, but I think it is a safe bet. At least, it's listed under "Likely Renewals" in The CW's wikipedia article

Thanks for that link. I finally know whether it's the UPN or WB affiliate that will be the new CW. It just had to be the one with the weakest signal.* :rolleyes: I hope that means they're going to start pumping out a stronger one after the merger.

* Neither UPNHD or WBHD is available on cable.

SuperBatMan 05-04-06 08:56 PM

Well, I think that ending pretty much confirms a second season, although it wouldn't be the first time a show ended on a cliffhanger and didn't get renewed.

Still, how the hell can Sam, Dean, and John recover after that? Although, hopefully they kill off the demon in the season premiere.

Joe Molotov 05-04-06 08:59 PM

Oh snap!

If the show doesn't come back for Season 2, that was one hell of a way to end a show.

mongoco 05-04-06 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Chew
Thanks for that link. I finally know whether it's the UPN or WB affiliate that will be the new CW. It just had to be the one with the weakest signal.* :rolleyes: I hope that means they're going to start pumping out a stronger one after the merger.

* Neither UPNHD or WBHD is available on cable.

Time Warner Houston has WBHD now.

dhmac 05-04-06 11:16 PM

I was wondering how they would end the season. I mean, if they killed off the fire demon they've been chasing for all these years in this episode, then they have no main goal for next season. Killing off Meg instead was a good compromise (at least that resolved one storyline), and then that ending - wow! What a way to leave us eagerly waiting for next season.

(And I guess the car is now basically totalled)

pelenor 05-04-06 11:40 PM

Great show and great soundtrack (well, great songs on the show!). If anybody was wondering, the song playing over the beginning is "Fight the Good fight" by Triumph. Man, this show makes me miss high school with all the great songs it plays. Yeah, I'm that old.

collven 05-05-06 12:10 AM

Considering they mentioned in the previews a couple of weeks ago that someone in the family would die, I knew something was going to happen. I think it's a pretty safe bet that the dad will be the one to die if someone really does, considering he was on the side of the car that was hit by the truck, but who knows. Besides, the show was built on the relationship of Sam and Dean. I don't think it would be as good if one of them were gone.

AGuyNamedMike 05-05-06 07:04 AM

Chances for season 2 look great. And check this out:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5598

We've just learned that season 1 will be released on September 5! The 6 disc set will include all 22 episodes from season 1, along with some awesome extras:
Unaired Scenes
Supernatural: Tales From the Edge of Darkness
Day in the Life of Jared and Jensen
Gag Reel
Cast/Crew Commentaries
and a DVD-ROM sneak-peek of Season 2

mdc3000 05-05-06 04:43 PM

Looks like they pulled a page from the Alias playbook... great ending and an overall good episode. I really hope this comes back for season 2 and finds the audience it deserves. Some great scenes between the three guys this episode, showing that all three really have some good acting chops. Very consistent show...if it doesn't come back at all, hell of a way to end it.

MATT

redrum 05-05-06 08:49 PM

awesome finale.

crankyman 05-05-06 08:55 PM

fucking. awesome. season ender.

can't wait for next year.....

MrX 05-06-06 01:02 AM

Very good finale. Sam looked pretty messed up the way he was positioned in the car.

Here's hoping the music makes it on the dvd, but I kind of doubt it.

spainlinx0 05-06-06 01:54 AM

I guess I was right in guessing that he was killing the babies for their psychic abilities. Good episode, and I can't see how any of them could have survived that crash, but of course at least 2 of them will.

Personally I find it a little cheesy when they have their "tender" moments, but they are a little better when the dad is there. Whenever Sam and Dean have to ratchet up the emotion I half expect them to start making out.

LorenzoL 05-06-06 10:20 AM

I couldn't have asked for a better episode for the season finale. :up:

Now, I only need to wait on the official announcement for renewal for CW, which is on May 18th...

dhmac 05-06-06 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by MrX
Here's hoping the music makes it on the dvd, but I kind of doubt it.

I could be wrong, but I think that the makers of Supernatural most likely included DVD rights when they secured the songs rights in the first place, so it shouldn't be an issue. TV shows that tend to have DVD release rights problems are shows that predated the existence of DVDs, so the rights have to be renegotiated.

(However, if they didn't secure Blu-ray or HD-DVD rights, the music rights could be an issue if they try to release the show in the future on one of those formats.)

JM 05-07-06 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by dhmac
I could be wrong, but I think that the makers of Supernatural most likely included DVD rights when they secured the songs rights in the first place, so it shouldn't be an issue. TV shows that tend to have DVD release rights problems are shows that predated the existence of DVDs, so the rights have to be renegotiated.

(However, if they didn't secure Blu-ray or HD-DVD rights, the music rights could be an issue if they try to release the show in the future on one of those formats.)

I would hope the drafter of the rights agreement would be forward thinking enough to make it broad enough to cover any future home video medium...

Chew 05-08-06 06:12 AM

That's at least the third "oh crap, didn't see that truck coming!!!" car wreak on TV this season (Alias, Prison Break, this). I didn't expect it, of course, but it just doesn't have the impact it should (no pun intended ;) ).

mongoco 05-08-06 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Chew
I didn't expect it, of course, but it just doesn't have the impact it should (no pun intended ;) ).

Blame those VW commercials.

mdc3000 05-08-06 12:05 PM

I really hope the DVD contains the "Previously On"s... especially the last few with their great musical montages "carry on my wayward son" was a great choice a few weeks back...those better make the disc!

MATT

SonOfAStu 05-19-06 02:38 PM

I just watched this episode this morning and am pretty relieved the season is over. My boss raved about the show so I started downloading the whole season a while ago and watching through them. I kind of started getting into it halfway through the season, but was quickly losing interest as it went on. I really have no interest in seeing any future episodes. Unlike most here I guess, I really think the acting and writing are horrendous. The only redeeming aspect of the show to me is the interesting stories which got much less interesting as they started focusing on the big bad demon.

The dialouge in this show is so cringe worthy I almost muted it half the time when they get all dramatic.

Don't worry though fans, the ratings won't go down becuase of me. I never watched it when it aired.

Hope you all enjoy the second season. I'll poke in a thread or two to see what happened with the wreck.

draven31 05-19-06 04:35 PM

WOW I pop in here hoping that somebody has heard something about next season and get subjected to a ... :crap:

If you didn't like it there is no reason to slam it ...TWO WEEKS LATER!

-rolleyes-

SonOfAStu 05-22-06 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by draven31
WOW I pop in here hoping that somebody has heard something about next season and get subjected to a ... :crap:

If you didn't like it there is no reason to slam it ...TWO WEEKS LATER!

-rolleyes-

Excuse you? :crap: ?

Were you under the impression that this was a Supernatural "appreciation thread"? Because it most certainly is not. My opinion of the episode is just as pertinant to the thread as anyone elses. As far as "TWO WEEKS LATER!", well, I just got around to watching it.