Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

One Tree Hill -- Season (Series?) Finale?

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 05-04-06, 04:03 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did anyone else become a little shell-shocked watching Hailey scream her guts out in the last scene?

I really want to throw my remote at the writers if this is the last episode, but at the same time if this is just a season finale, I must congradulate them on an AWESOME cliff-hanger.
Old 05-04-06, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The show has always provided us with great season ending cliff hangers. I wonder if that is a trademark of producers. Smallville also seems to have great season endings.
Old 05-04-06, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

It was a pretty decent finale to a really mediocre season. I don't think we'll be seeing this show return in the fall unfortunately, so it looks like the cliffhanger(s) will never be resolved.
Old 05-04-06, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by critterdvd
I must congradulate
Old 05-04-06, 08:22 AM

I thought this was already announced as returning in the fall on the new lineup?

Anyway, it was a vintage, classic One Tree Hill. Back to the first season/early second season of crashing storyline after storyline together. I always found that entertaining. Not a happy episode this time, but a good one.
Old 05-04-06, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I quit watching mid-season. Can someone post of recap of the season finale?
Old 05-04-06, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by antennaball
I thought this was already announced as returning in the fall on the new lineup?

Anyway, it was a vintage, classic One Tree Hill. Back to the first season/early second season of crashing storyline after storyline together. I always found that entertaining. Not a happy episode this time, but a good one.

Great episode. Lots of drama going down, lots of LOL moments. Rachel's a crazy b*tch. Glad we didn't get any speeches from Mouth.
It was funny how Lucas sold on Peyton to Brooke about the kiss, then basically just said, "my bad".

Anyways, I may have to go postal on somebody if they don't renew the show. We can't be left hanging like that.
Old 05-04-06, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Nice wholesome show, with 2 (maybe 3) teenagers preggers. And with Karen carrying Keith's child, oy!

The older I get, the more I hate the pregnancy angle to force "couples" to stick together to milk more drama from the dried up relationship, otherwise.

I felt really bad for Peyton (then again, from day 1, she's been my favorite tree hill girl, but that was back when she showed her music/artistic flair, now she's all afluttered with emotions and trauma from the past few months).

So who left "Murderer" on Dan's wall in blood? Who else knows? Hmm...
Old 05-04-06, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by boogieman03
Anyways, I may have to go postal on somebody if they don't renew the show. We can't be left hanging like that.
Plenty of shows end that way unfortunately. Hell, Angel ended on a major cliffhanger and that's with the writers knowing the show wasn't coming back. Apparently Mark Schwann was surprised by the news that the show was on the bubble when they decided to end the season in this manner.

I hope it does come back for a 4th season. As weak as the last 2 years have been compared to Season 1, at least there seems to be potential for a return to form next season. Unlike The O.C. which I don't think can ever recover from the shark jump it's performed.
Old 05-04-06, 12:36 PM

As weak as the last 2 years have been compared to Season 1
Really? I think that the last season was the best yet...
Old 05-04-06, 12:39 PM

Damn I didn't know that about Angel. I've only seen about halfway through S1. (I've got all 5 seasons that I hope to get through this summer). That sucks though.
I hope that's not the case for OTH. I need to get my fix of Sophia Bush.
Old 05-04-06, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That was actually a fresh spin on the soap opera pregnancy cliff hanger.

Brooke was so fucking annoying this episode. "Go Brooke Yourself!!!"

That would really suck if the series ended like this. I thought this season was a decent improvement over S2. Hopefully, CW picks it up for a S4.
Old 05-04-06, 04:16 PM

I do hope that CW picks this show up. If it ends like this with so many loose ends it would make me sad. I really have not liked Brooke the last few episodes but at least we might now know why she has been acting like she has. Have people in this town learned of birth control? Geez.
Old 05-04-06, 04:34 PM

Have people in this town learned of birth control?
can't that be said of any television drama, lol?

Only 14 days to go till we officially find out the fate.

And in my defense on the spelling issue, my only argument was that it was late.

Last edited by critterdvd; 05-04-06 at 04:37 PM.
Old 05-04-06, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kenage
I do hope that CW picks this show up. If it ends like this with so many loose ends it would make me sad. I really have not liked Brooke the last few episodes but at least we might now know why she has been acting like she has. Have people in this town learned of birth control? Geez.

That tidbit of information would pretty much ruin all soap operas.
Old 05-05-06, 03:40 AM

"One Tree Hill" won E! Online's save one show campaign... I think Our chances of season four just got a lot better *knocks on wood* click on the link for A LOT OF INFORMATION

E! Online
Old 05-05-06, 05:59 PM
Political Exile

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just want to thank the writers for actually having the wedding go down happily (not counting reception) with neither of them running away at the altar or something. They were just renewing their vows so it's not really the same thing, but it seems like every TV wedding I have seen lately has ended that way.

I'm not going to criticize them for the lack of birth control because we all know in real life people seem to have a problem swallowing a pill consistently or wrapping their johnsons. It's not like unexpected pregnancies never happen to teenagers.
Old 05-06-06, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm guessing only one of the girls is preggers.
I'm guessing Haley.
I bet that Brooke and Rachel had other secrets they are coping with.
Old 05-06-06, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by garmonbozia
I'm guessing only one of the girls is preggers.
I'm guessing Haley.
I bet that Brooke and Rachel had other secrets they are coping with.
I have a feeling that Haley would only be pregnant if Nathan doesn't make it out of the season finale. A happy marriage and a baby on the way paints the characters in a dead-end in such an angst-driven series...splitting them up again and fighting for custody of the child would retread on past storylines too.