TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

House - 05/03/06

Old 05-03-06, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
House - 05/03/06

"Euphoria" Episode #221.
Spoiler:
Facing possible death, Dr. Foreman meets with his father and tries to make amends; House tries radical procedures to save Foreman's life.

Cast: Hugh Laurie, Lisa Edelstein, Omar Epps, Robert Sean Leonard, Jennifer Morrison, Jesse Spencer.
Producer(s): Paul Attanasio, Katie Jacobs, David Shore, Bryan Singer.

Original Airdate: May 3, 2006.

House

This is the conclusion to last night's episode. And it is on @ 8/7 Central (one hour earlier than normal.
Old 05-03-06, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hope Foreman lives! If not, at least we may be able to see Cameron in a sexy funeral dress!
Old 05-03-06, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Something has to come of this..either Foreman dies or is fired..

Or cameron and foreman have make up sex.

Can't tell which way the producers want to go with this.

I like the 3 doctor dynamic...if its just cameron and chase..that would feel...strange.
Old 05-03-06, 08:58 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

"Level 3, call Jack Bauer"

Pretty good episode
Old 05-03-06, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Pretty damn good ep. Always great when Cuddy has something of substance to do. Probably not a good idea to hire Dutton, though, as his performance dwarfed Epps's.

das
Old 05-03-06, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

That is the most Cuddy has had to do since Stacy left.
Old 05-03-06, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I thought Dutton was just OK, but Epps was spectacular. A great episode...wonder what long term effects we're going to see in Foreman now...some great moments in this one and very disturbing.

MATT
Old 05-03-06, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Will Foreman be able to automatically switch gears? Did the biopsy do that? Will he face tremendous rehabilitation? So many questions, can't wait for next week.
Old 05-04-06, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Originally Posted by cdoug57
Will Foreman be able to automatically switch gears? Did the biopsy do that? Will he face tremendous rehabilitation? So many questions, can't wait for next week.
You know, even though he's young, for a TV show Epps is a professional actor, and I think a long painful rehab would really put his character to better use than just sitting around spouting off medical terms like Cameron and Chase (who are just models with acting classes)

Hey, maybe Foreman will be permanantly disabled, and we can see how a House is created.
Old 05-04-06, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Wow. This show just makes absolutely NO effort to be medically plausible. Legionella slowed down the Naegleria infection??
Old 05-04-06, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by hahn
Wow. This show just makes absolutely NO effort to be medically plausible. Legionella slowed down the Naegleria infection??
That totally ruined the show for me. I could barely watch it. All I could think about was ... I bet when the Proctologists on the internet see this, there will be a riot !!!

/sarcasm off

Great show, Great acting and Great writing.
Old 05-04-06, 09:33 AM

The previews for next week really blew it, though. We know for sure Foreman isn't paralyzed because they showed him standing up. I thought he was going to be in a wheelchair until I saw that.
Old 05-04-06, 12:40 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

There was no thought in my mind that he was paralysed, more like he probably doesn't know his left from his right in real life.

Epps was spectacular, he's a phenomenal actor.
Old 05-04-06, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Another for the performance by Epps.

His affliction seems to be that when he tries to move his right side the left moves & vice versa. I suppose one could learn to adjust to something like that eventually, but I'd imagine it would take quite a while.
Old 05-04-06, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

When I saw last night's ep, I though about one of my profs in college who had surgery to remove a brain tumor where the surgeons had to cross from his right brain to his left brain. He said that when he came to, he went to move his left arm and his right arm moved. When he was able to walk, he would try to step forward with his right foot and his left foot would step. He was a writer, and he wrote on a typewriter. When he would go to type, his hands would involuntarily cross so that he would typing left with his right hand and right with his left hand. He said it was the weirdest sensation. It cleared itself up after time, about three weeks or so if I remember correctly.
Old 05-04-06, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
At first, I thought he was paralyzed from the waist down. After showing he is a bit backwards, it just made sense that he wasn't paralyzed. I'm hoping that there are some bits of him coping with it in the future. I also would like to see more of the interaction between Cameron and Foreman, and not an "Everything is ok" playout.
Old 05-07-06, 02:18 AM

I totally did not understand the whole "we can't do an autopsy on that dead body, the CDC has to do it" thing.

1> Why would autopsying a dead body cause a disease to spread any more than just letting it sit there?

2> Why would the CDC have to wait 3 days before they could do it?
Old 05-08-06, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

1. I'm guessing it's just the 'severity' of it all. Do you want to diffuse a bomb in a day care center, or move it to an empty warehouse in the desert? if you HAD a choice, might as well take the desert.

2. I think it was 3 days before they 'could' do it.

Either way, I didn't mind that plot point. I liked everyone yelling at Cuddy. If only we could have seen Cuddy in another sheer nightgown backlit by her kitchen light.
Old 05-21-06, 03:31 PM

I finally watched this episode

I was when House walked into Cuddy's office with Foreman's father.

Cuddy: "What is this?"
House: "It's not a what, it's a who-- I have heard they even have the right to vote now."