Desperate Housewives - "It Wasn't Meant to Happen" - 4/30

Old 04-30-06, 12:43 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Desperate Housewives - "It Wasn't Meant to Happen" - 4/30

"It Wasn't Meant to Happen"
Spoiler:
Karl and Edie come to a crucial juncture in their relationship; Lynette tries to help Ed improve his sex life; Bree discovers new information about Peter.
Old 04-30-06, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually, thre's more of a description than that on the site:

"It Wasn't Meant to Happen"
Spoiler:
Karl breaks up with Edie, who has no idea that Susan is now the 'other woman,' Lynette tries to help Ed heat up his sex life, Bree finds out that Peter has another addiction, and Lily's father comes back to claim his daughter.
Old 04-30-06, 10:05 PM
Retired

Good episode. Preview for the last 3 eps was good as well. Hopefully they can redeem what has been a dissappointing 2nd season.
Old 04-30-06, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

So did Danielle and Matthew stage that Caleb Encounter to force Betty to entertain putting down Caleb, and thus Matthew would be able to leave his mom and be with Danielle?

Nothing beats a catfight at a Hooters-wannabee restaurant.

I almost felt bad about Gabby's predicament, but still not able to give her much sympathy.

Didn't much care for Lynette's IM-equivalent of Cyrano de Bergerac in "helping" her boss stoke the fires on the homefront, only to boomerang on her because the boss deserves to have his nipple bitten off for having no backbone.

Bree's subplot is pretty ho-hum as well.

Last edited by Patman; 04-30-06 at 10:25 PM.
Old 04-30-06, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Zeke/Mr. Friendly played a bad ass in here too.
Old 04-30-06, 11:23 PM

Can't believe I actually cried at a Desperate House episode!! Gabby's scene really got to me!
Not really buying the whole Lynette thing. Seems pretty forced...
Old 05-01-06, 12:09 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Eva Longoria should just focus on looking pretty instead of trying to act. I cried at that scene as well just becasue watching her trying to project emotion in that scene was painful.

I actually liked the episode otherwise.
Old 05-01-06, 01:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts
OK episode, but just to point out three (of many) inaccuracies in the episode :

That high school QB just got back from Spring Break and now he's at a football rally ? Yes this show is written by a gay man, but seriously, that's a biggie to miss.

Phenobarbital is a sedating anti-seizure med. I doubt anyone would die even if you gave him the whole bottle. Sometimes people are actually given massive IV doses to intentionally place them into a phenobarb-induced coma after major head trauma to avoid further damage. Mrs Applewhite's plan wouldn't do anything except make Caleb sleepy.

I would hope that someone in one of the police cars might have insisted that the baby be taken back IN A CAR SEAT!!!!!! Did Britney Spears teach us NOTHING?

Last edited by Decker; 05-01-06 at 02:01 AM.
Old 05-01-06, 04:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Decker
That high school QB just got back from Spring Break and now he's at a football rally ? Yes this show is written by a gay man, but seriously, that's a biggie to miss.
No kidding, is this some kind of fictional spring league?

I'm glad they are at least attempting to forward/end the Applewhite plotline.
Old 05-01-06, 07:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dvd182
I'm glad they are at least attempting to forward/end the Applewhite plotline.
Yes, I hope it's ended this month to never been seen again.
Old 05-01-06, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson
It just dawned on me that he's also the guy that played Rosco P. Coltraine in the Dukes movie.
Old 05-01-06, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson
So did he run off to hide on the LOST island because he got busted for coke? The mystery deepens!
Old 05-01-06, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
So did Danielle and Matthew stage that Caleb Encounter to force Betty to entertain putting down Caleb, and thus Matthew would be able to leave his mom and be with Danielle?
Matthew's plan made no sense whatsoever. If Caleb assaults Danielle without hurting her, then his mom Betty would either accelerate moving or do something drastic about Caleb (the latter is now the case, and Matthew seemed shocked by it). Plus there's always the chance that Bree would shoot Caleb or call the police despite the pleas of Danielle not to, leading to jail time for all of the Applewhites. And if Caleb had attacked Danielle and killed her, then the plan really failed (unless that's what Matthew actually wanted to happen).

I can get that Matthew could convince Danielle to go along with his plan (afterall, all she has going for her are her looks ), but I don't understand what exactly he was hoping to accomplish with the plan.
Old 05-01-06, 10:02 AM

I think part of the plan was that it would happen when Bree was home to walk in on them and stop the attack. I believe he had meant for Betty to finally have the impetus to send the brother away to a home but he is shocked she would rather kill him instead.

I really liked this turn of events because initially I thought Matthew was trying to do away with Danielle since she had threated to go to the police herself. I liked the twist that she was in on it.
Old 05-01-06, 10:08 AM

I felt bad for Gabby at the end.

I was surprised to see Mr. F in this episode. Guess he must of left the island to film this episode.

I too laughed at the pep rally for football right after spring break.
Oh and I had to pause the dvr to laugh at the fight in the "Hooters". That was great. The girl really flew when she got tripped.
Old 05-01-06, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'm also not clear on Danielle and Matt's plan. I guess they want Bree to catch Caleb assulting Danielle. The plan could've easily backfire. Luckily, Bree only fired a warning shot. She could've easily shoot Caleb when she caught him 'attacking' Danielle.
Old 05-01-06, 11:50 AM

Well, even then, they'd be free of Caleb.
Old 05-01-06, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by mookiemeister
I'm also not clear on Danielle and Matt's plan. I guess they want Bree to catch Caleb assulting Danielle. The plan could've easily backfire. Luckily, Bree only fired a warning shot. She could've easily shoot Caleb when she caught him 'attacking' Danielle.
I got the impression that Danielle wanted Bree to shoot and kill him.
Old 05-01-06, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This was absolutely the most back-stabbing episode of this show ever. Everyone backstabbed someone in this ep. It was crazy how duplicitous everyone was. Overall, it was a decent ep, looking forward to how it wraps up. A poor season of a show can very often be redeemed by a big finish.
Old 05-01-06, 05:39 PM

How Very True.

This Season of Desperate on the Whole IMO, Echoes DS9's Second Year, Good but had a lot of Poor Episodes, Although it was Redeemed by the Big Finish of "The Jem'Hadar".

Hopefully this Season will have a Big Finish that will bring back viewers lost by the Dry Patch.
Old 05-02-06, 12:22 AM

Maybe Wisteria Lane is really in Australia.
Old 05-02-06, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by MrX
Eva Longoria should just focus on looking pretty instead of trying to act. I cried at that scene as well just becasue watching her trying to project emotion in that scene was painful.
I agree. That was the most ridiculously forced performance I've seen in a LONG time.

BTW - I actually watched this episode online from ABC's site. It worked really well, and the "commericals" were fewer that the broadcast episode and only took between 20 and 30 seconds each break. Certainly a decent way to catch a missed episode IMO.
Old 05-02-06, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I can't really access the streaming option here. Is it a decent size? How's the quality?
Old 05-02-06, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Chew
I can't really access the streaming option here. Is it a decent size? How's the quality?
The small size is kinda lame, but the larger option is decent. This show is letterboxed or perhaps they are sending the high def version? The quality was excellent from my desktop.
Old 05-02-06, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Humor this gay man. What's wrong with that?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.