DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The West Wing - "The Last Hurrah" - 4/30 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/463843-west-wing-last-hurrah-4-30-a.html)

MrX 04-30-06 11:41 AM

The West Wing - "The Last Hurrah" - 4/30

"The Last Hurrah"
Spoiler:
Issues facing the new first family overwhelm Helen; Vinick ponders his future.

Phineas444 04-30-06 03:35 PM

Anyone know if they're giving the series finale 2 hours?

Philly30 04-30-06 04:47 PM

One hour retrospective and then 1 hour finale

Phineas444 04-30-06 06:55 PM

Ah, guess just hoping for a long sendoff. Thanks.

kevin75 04-30-06 08:54 PM

pretty blah episode.

MrX 04-30-06 11:17 PM

I liked the Vinick/Santos scenes

The Mrs. Santos scenes were filler.

lisadoris 04-30-06 11:39 PM

The Santos/Vinnick scenes were the best part though I must admit I'm a little peeved that Nancy didn't get picked for Sect of State.

Chew 05-01-06 06:12 AM

Turns out whoever said NBC would pull a switcharoo with Vinnick as VP was correct. State makes much more sense for him.

dstrauss 05-01-06 08:19 AM

Good to know my guess was right, many many weeks ago.

I do think they played Helen as very naive about the changes coming. She's been in this campaign for close to a year, she had to know what was coming with the security details and such. But Teri Polo did look seriously hot in those boots. :)

boogieman03 05-01-06 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by dstrauss
But Teri Polo did look seriously hot in those boots. :)

Yes she did. Sure wish we had a 1st Lady that looked like that.

bralph 05-01-06 09:01 AM

It sure seems like this show is setting up for another season instead of ending its run. Donna becoming Chief-Of-Staff for First Lady, keeping both Vinnick and Santos in the fold as well as Josh (of course). Add Al Bundy as VP and Rob Lowe as Deupty CoS, and I would definitely continue to watch.

I know that it actually is ending, but it doesn't seem like it and I wish it wasn't.

boogieman03 05-01-06 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by bralph
It sure seems like this show is setting up for another season instead of ending its run. Donna becoming Chief-Of-Staff for First Lady, keeping both Vinnick and Santos in the fold as well as Josh (of course). Add Al Bundy as VP and Rob Lowe as Deupty CoS, and I would definitely continue to watch.

I know that it actually is ending, but it doesn't seem like it and I wish it wasn't.

Same here. I would definetly continue watching with all these characters.

sherm42 05-01-06 11:31 AM

No way the president sends his kids to public school. Especially in DC.

Can you even imagine what the secret service would have to do to the public school to make it safe? At least private schools probably have been used to heavy secutiry for high profile kids.

Giles 05-02-06 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by sherm42
No way the president sends his kids to public school. Especially in DC.

Can you even imagine what the secret service would have to do to the public school to make it safe? At least private schools probably have been used to heavy secutiry for high profile kids.

Jimmy Carter's daughter went to Public School.

That school in the episode looked alot like John Eaton.

The coffeehouse scene was soooooo classic DC

Palpadious 05-02-06 12:42 PM

:brickwl2: I wish Al Bundy was our vice-president.

It would be really cool is they picked this show up again. I guess they have to show reality crap for the idiot masses.

mikehunt 05-02-06 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Giles
Jimmy Carter's daughter went to Public School.

a lot has changed in 30 years