DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The O.C. - 04/27/06 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/463607-o-c-04-27-06-a.html)

B.A. 04-27-06 04:01 PM

The O.C. - 04/27/06

"The Party Favor" Episode #323.
Spoiler:
Taylor hits a high at the prom; Summer falls flat with her surprising prom date; Marissa convinces Volchok to attend the dance; the students elect one of the girls prom queen.

Cast: Peter Gallagher, Benjamin McKenzie, Kelly Rowan, Adam Brody, Mischa Barton, Rachel Bilson, Melinda Clarke.
Producer(s): Josh Schwartz, McG, Bob DeLaurentis.

Original Airdate: April 27, 2006.

The O.C.

Gizmo 04-27-06 08:18 PM

As always, sweet.

JacksModernLife 04-27-06 08:41 PM

HAHAHAHAHA @ the two Korean girls

HAHAHAHAHA @ Summer falling

and Haha at Seth and Anna's faces/quips throughout the whole ep

DVD Josh 04-27-06 09:44 PM

Towelette!!!!!

Doughboy 04-27-06 10:30 PM

Not that good an episode(what else is new?), but Summer falling was one of the funniest things I've seen in a very long time. I must've rewound that scene about 10 times.

JacksModernLife 04-27-06 10:31 PM

I actually thought this was one of the better eps this season. Nothing too sappy with lots of comic relief and resolution.

Doughboy 04-27-06 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by JacksModernLife
I actually thought this was one of the better eps this season. Nothing too sappy with lots of comic relief and resolution.

There were a few funny moments. Taylor's "seal" remark and Seth mentioning to Anna how the Big Korea dude looks like an anime character were amusing.

Unfortunately the show seems to be headed towards the one thing I swore I wouldn't sit through. Another Ryan/Marissa reunion.

JacksModernLife 04-27-06 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Doughboy
There were a few funny moments. Taylor's "seal" remark and Seth mentioning to Anna how the Big Korea dude looks like an anime character were amusing.

Unfortunately the show seems to be headed towards the one thing I swore I wouldn't sit through. Another Ryan/Marissa reunion.

TAKE IT BAAAACK.

Dear god I hope you are wrong. I will be seriously PISSED off if the writers decide to torture us with a R&M relationship full of bad chemistry, boring dialogue, and trite expressions.

BMH 04-28-06 12:38 AM

Why is FOX waiting soo long to renew the OC for next season?! It's making me nervous.

Doughboy 04-28-06 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by BMH
Why is FOX waiting soo long to renew the OC for next season?! It's making me nervous.

Probably because the ratings are weak and the show sucks. If it makes you feel better though, Kristen over at E! put The O.C. on her list of shows likely to return. The similarly struggling One Tree Hill was on her list of doomed series(most likely due to the WB/UPN merger).

boogieman03 04-28-06 08:05 AM

Well, I'm glad to see volcheck get the beating he had coming to him.

Summer falling off the stage was probably the highlight for me.

Nick Martin 04-28-06 09:18 AM

Kristen over at E! put The O.C. on her list of shows likely to return. The similarly struggling One Tree Hill was on her list of doomed series(most likely due to the WB/UPN merger).

For The O.C. possibly returning :banana:

For One Tree Hill ending :banana: :banana:

Doughboy 04-28-06 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Nick Martin
For The O.C. possibly returning :banana:

For One Tree Hill ending :banana: :banana:

Frankly, I wouldn't be too upset to see either of them put out of their misery. Although the prospect of both series ending with major cliffhangers unresolved does suck.

B.A. 04-28-06 11:13 AM

We needed more of drunk Summer.

Good fight.

riley_dude 04-28-06 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by BMH

I posted last week that in Entertainment Weekly it said it was on the bubble for being renewed because the ratings are in the toilet and the buzz is gone from this once great show. Does Josh Schwartz even write for the show anymore? He has said in interviews that there will be some retooling next season. It's going to take a lot to get viewers back.
This stopped being an appointment show for me when the plotlines got upsurd (Jeri Ryan character and the Snidley Wiplash Dean of the school).
We deserve better!

magiccmom 04-28-06 12:53 PM

Okay, enough is enough! Are they bothering to even write for this show anymore, or are they just replaying the same scenes in a loop, again and again and again, and hope we dont even notice?
What is the point with Theresa, who looks 28 years old? Why couldnt they have kept Sadie throught the Prom episodes? Geez, it's just stupid!
Summer and Seth, & Taylor are the only hightlights of this show anymore. Julie Cooper has become boring as hell!
Man, it's driving us all to drink!

Puzznic 04-28-06 01:22 PM

I want it to come back for another season as long as they make Anna a permanent part of the cast.

Doughboy 04-28-06 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by magiccmom
Okay, enough is enough! Are they bothering to even write for this show anymore, or are they just replaying the same scenes in a loop, again and again and again, and hope we dont even notice?
What is the point with Theresa, who looks 28 years old? Why couldnt they have kept Sadie throught the Prom episodes? Geez, it's just stupid!
Summer and Seth, & Taylor are the only hightlights of this show anymore. Julie Cooper has become boring as hell!
Man, it's driving us all to drink!

They only signed Nikki Reed for 6 episodes. When her time was up, they forced her character out of the show by having her get cold feet about going with Ryan to Berkeley even though she had no problem a few days earlier sticking around Newport to be with him.

As far as Theresa coming back, there actually was a pretty important subplot involving her baby's father that needed to be resolved. Of course, if she's telling the truth about Eddie being the father then why does the kid look exactly like Ryan?

The returning cast member who's been completely wasted is Anna. Fans were begging for two years to see her come back and this is how she's used? As Seth's Cupid? Have they even bothered mentioning anything about what she's been up to since she moved back to Pittsburgh? All I gathered was that her parents switched houses and she's going to Brown. Whoop-de-do.

And yes, Julie Cooper has been really dull since getting engaged. Put her back in the trailer park. She's no fun when she's respectable.

BMH 04-28-06 03:04 PM

And yes, Julie Cooper has been really dull since getting engaged. Put her back in the trailer park. She's no fun when she's respectable.

You know it won't last. Come on! We know Juju better than that.

Bill Geiger 04-28-06 07:47 PM

I guess I am the only one that thinks Ryan actually killed Volcheck!?! Now, I didn't see the previews for next week so I am most likely way off.

boogieman03 04-28-06 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Bill Geiger
I guess I am the only one that thinks Ryan actually killed Volcheck!?! Now, I didn't see the previews for next week so I am most likely way off.

I thought so at first.

Original Desmond 04-29-06 03:32 AM

The OC is a big worldwide hit so i am sure it will survive

It will be sad it One Tree Hill ends without some kind of Dan resolution

I loved this episode including the inevitable fisticuffs. Summer was hell funny this episode, loved Big Korea, he was funny

Patman 04-29-06 05:14 AM

Loved the Summer front flip off the short balcony at prom. It's funnier if you replay it a few time in a row.

Ryan brings the pain on Vomit finally. But has he killed Vomit? Hmm...

Kirsten keeps lying to herself, can't come clean about falling off the wagon.

Marissa always returns to the bottle during "trying" times.

Anna is being wasted as Seth's Cupid.

Big Korea was cheesy/lame.

Taylor can scream like a banshee.

Chauzer 04-29-06 02:06 PM

i liked anna coming back, her scenes w/ seth are great

the scenes w/ anna/seth/summer were the best parts of this episode

Chauzer 04-29-06 02:07 PM

http://roflamethrower.com/uploader/u...mmer_shark.gif

http://smiliesftw.com/x/bowrofl.gif

http://roflamethrower.com/uploader/u...summer_fly.gif