Alias -- "There's Only One Sydney Bristow" -- 04.26.2006

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-06, 02:40 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"There's Only One Sydney Bristow"

In the milestone 100th episode of the award-winning spy drama, Sydney's maternity leave is cut short when she learns that Will has been abducted by her nemesis, Anna Espinosa. Meanwhile, Sloane finds himself one step closer to obtaining the cure for daughter Nadia.
Old 04-26-06, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Woo-hoo! Let the final episodes of ASS-KICKING continue!!!!
Old 04-26-06, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
On wonder if the title mean's there is more than one of Sydney since there were rumors circulating she may have a double.
Old 04-26-06, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Damn, I hate the "doubled Sydney" storyline a-brewing with so few episodes left. The actual creation of it was so cheesy, take a bath in some punch and turn Anna into Sydney...riiiiiigggghhhhttttt....

It was good to see Will again, plus they gave a nod to him cooking (formerly played Jack Bourdain on "Kitchen Confidential") as he answered the door.

Rachel brought out the cleavage once again.
Spoiler:
Thank you.

So does Arvin truly have the necessary ingredients to bring back Nadia?
Old 04-26-06, 08:33 PM

maybe i stopped in the middle of a previous episode and forgot to watch the end, but
Spoiler:
when did Sydney (or us) find out that Vaughn was still alive???
Old 04-26-06, 08:35 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
Originally Posted by Darq
maybe i stopped in the middle of a previous episode and forgot to watch the end, but
Spoiler:
when did Sydney (or us) find out that Vaughn was still alive???
The end of last weeks

Liked the CIA babysitters
Old 04-26-06, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The babysitters could have come straight from the set of "Men in Black".
Old 04-26-06, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by MrX
The end of last weeks

Liked the CIA babysitters
Ahh.. i forgot the last scene. But i definitely didn't realize what Sydney's nod to her dad meant... Guess that's what I get when I'm surfing while watching..
Old 04-26-06, 08:45 PM

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts
We (audience) learned Vaughn was alive last week. There hasn't been a scene of Sydney and Jack finding out. Even my Dad noticed....

Episodes being aired out of order? Bad editing/writing?

Thos.
Old 04-26-06, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Patman
Rachel brought out the cleavage once again.
Spoiler:
Thank you.

Pretty much the only reason why I've been watching this final season. Aside from Jack and his eyeball removing ways.
Old 04-26-06, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I was wondering, I dont remember sidney finding out. anyways good episode, loved the babysitters, Will was great again, miss him he always added alot to this show. Rachel looked amazing tonight, this is getting sad only what..four new episodes?
Old 04-26-06, 09:05 PM

The way they were talking tonight with her saying she hated lying to Will, it seemed to me Syd and her father were the ones that helped Vaughn fake his death. So they knew all along.
Old 04-26-06, 09:05 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

I think we're supposed to assume they knew he was in hiding all this time. Jack was the one that sent word to him that the baby was born.
Old 04-26-06, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Actually, both Sydney and her father know about Vaughn being alive. In fact, there was even a scene in which Sydney said that she hated lying to her best friend about Vaughn being dead.

Her father said something to the effect that, if they're going to keep Vaughn safe, no one can know that he is alive.

So yeah... they know.
Old 04-26-06, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by invisiblegt
Actually, both Sydney and her father know about Vaughn being alive. In fact, there was even a scene in which Sydney said that she hated lying to her best friend about Vaughn being dead.

Her father said something to the effect that, if they're going to keep Vaughn safe, no one can know that he is alive.

So yeah... they know.
Well, yeah. TONIGHT they know, but there was never indication that they knew in previous any previous episodes. That's what some viewers are having trouble with. Sydney also took his "death" very hard afterwards and I could've sworn she had several scenes where she broke down and cried alone because she was so depressed. I guess the writers are gonna say that it was only because he was gone, not dead.
Old 04-26-06, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Did you not watch the last 5 minutes of the 2nd hour last week? If you are having problems inferring that SpyDaddy and Sydney had to get word to Vaughn that he now has a daughter (ergo, death was a setup to protect him from further harm for now), then you simply didn't catch the (not-so)subtle revelation that they knew Vaughn was alive. Remember that bit of liquid that Sydney had Vaughn drink while he was in the hospital? That most likely allowed him to "play" dead long enough to convince those who wanted to eliminate him, but Sydney was able to work up a ruse to keep him alive. Plenty of us who did pay attention last week got what the writers were showing us with that short exchange between SpyDaddy and Sydney.
Old 04-26-06, 10:32 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

I believe Syd said there was one more thing they had to do, Jack said he'd take care of it, and then they cut to the guy riding on the horse to tell Vaughn
Old 04-26-06, 10:37 PM

I did see the revelation that Vaughn was alive, but I didn't make any connection that Syd and Jack knew, so tonight's exchange between them about Vaughn seemed to come from nowhere.
Old 04-26-06, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, I mentioned this development in last week's Alias thread (but it looks like some people just didn't realize what was going on):

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showpost.ph...9&postcount=22
Old 04-27-06, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
pretty nice fight sequence b/w syd and anna.

good to see will.

yes, the syd double thing is dumb. Hope that ends quickly. Really don't understand why Anna would do something that extreme considering how big her rep is in the underworld.
Old 04-27-06, 02:04 AM

Speculation: I think they're using the Syd double thing to show Anna as the one prophesied by Rambaldi to "render the greatest power unto utter desolation".

Edit: Guess my grammer skills go down late at night

Last edited by trozkd; 04-27-06 at 03:57 PM.
Old 04-27-06, 06:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The double thing makes some sense if you remember that episode way back where Syd dreamed of fighting herself when trying to into room 47.
Old 04-27-06, 07:58 AM

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
Well, I mentioned this development in last week's Alias thread (but it looks like some people just didn't realize what was going on):

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showpost.ph...9&postcount=22
I stand corrected, I guess. Can I still be disappointed that this major revelation was so subtle? Heck, even the "Maternal Instinct" episode synopsis on the abc.com web site doesn't mention it.

Thos.
Old 04-27-06, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MrX
I believe Syd said there was one more thing they had to do, Jack said he'd take care of it, and then they cut to the guy riding on the horse to tell Vaughn
EXACTLY. I can't believe this thread is being quickly derailed by a subject that was extensively discussed last week. THEY KNEW ALL ALONG! THEY WERE FAKING IN CASE THEY WERE BEING WATCHED TO THROW OFF ANY FURTHER PROPHET 5 SNOOPS.

Anyway, I have to agree with trozkd. I never considered that. Also Kevin M. Dean, you made a great catch based on that concept. Should be interesting to see how that all plays out!

Only thing that excited and equally disappointed me in this episode was the return and subsequent demise of actress Gina Torres' (who plays Anna) role. I was hoping she'd be around at least a little longer. Now she'll be played by Garner the rest of the series.
Old 04-27-06, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great to see Will again. He looked Great.
Also very cool to see the little "Angel" reunion with Fred and Jasmine. A Buffyverse writer even wrote the episode (Drew Goddard.)
Some great dialogue scenes between Will and Sydney. I am sure glad they won't be able to drag this double Sydney plot device out long.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.